New Cumulative General History Quiz V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds a lot like the true story on which Clavell wrote Shogun, but first account of Japan at that time doesn't sound that credible. My guesses would be Hawaii, New Zealand or Australia in this order (Australia last because I suppose it was found earlier. Don't take this as an answer, Keroro. I'm just speculating).

I think you may have your dates wrong. By 1653 (well into the Edo period) most europeans in Japan had allready been either killed or thrown out. So... check again ;)
The date is correct. It's not Japan we're talking about here.

The question says that they were on their way to Japan when they got shipwrecked. It doesn't say they got shipwrecked in Japan!
Quite right! There was a Dutch trading concession in Nagasaki at the time. To help people out a bit - think about what you would sail past to get tp Japan from Taiwan. Try to get the country first.

I'm glad it wasn't too easy anyway. :)

Philippines or Korea
I doubt it's the Philippines, considering that the Spanish had had a major port city there for quite some time by that point. :p Also they are in the opposite direction.

So, it's a dutch captain, it's korea he found(ill guess either Ponsan or seoul). the name of the ship is probably going to be an bird. de Havik?

Korea it is. Well done Steph and Dachs.

So, it's a dutch captain, it's korea he found(ill guess either Ponsan or seoul). the name of the ship is probably going to be an bird. de Havik?
Very close indeed on the ship name, but it's not de Havik. The place that they were shipwrecked is probably a bit obscure - I'll be fairly impressed if anyone gets it correct. If Ogedei followed this thread then he might have a chance as he knows the country's history better than most.

The place that they were shipwrecked is probably a bit obscure
By this do you mean that it wasn't on the mainland? South Korea got an island, don't they? I can't remember what it's called, but it's depicted in HoI2. :D

Korea it is. Well done Steph and Dachs.

Very close indeed on the ship name, but it's not de Havik. The place that they were shipwrecked is probably a bit obscure - I'll be fairly impressed if anyone gets it correct. If Ogedei followed this thread then he might have a chance as he knows the country's history better than most.

Sperwer?
10 XCL

By this do you mean that it wasn't on the mainland? South Korea got an island, don't they? I can't remember what it's called, but it's depicted in HoI2. :D
Cheju (Jeju for their new crappy transliteration system) is the island you're thinking of. It had a gigantic PoW camp during the Korean War.

Can it be my turn now????

This is going to be hard. So probably you need to research this on the Internet for the hard parts. (Question, can the ones who give the questions allow other people to research to find the answers???)

Give me a list that contains the 30 largest empires in the world. Also give me the years that each empire lasted & each of the empires' first emperor.

Example: Austro-Hungary (1867-1918), Franz Joseph I

P.S. If the first emperor or an empire is not to be found, just type the empire & the years that it lasted.

There's another thread opened already, maybe you should ask there (when thread reaches 100 posts, it's usually closed).

Your question is pretty hard ;)

What qualifies as an empire? Can both Soviet Union and Russia be on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom