New DLC: Polynesia

Anyone besides me quite like the Polynesia scenario? It's quite challenging and important decisions have to be made. At first I was annoyed at the huge breadth of the South Pacific map, but after a while you start to enjoy the mystery of discovery, and the true feeling of lonely mystery as you sail caravels across the waves (to find Easter Island, which is the only place on the map with marble).

(to find Easter Island, which is the only place on the map with marble).
And there i was, trying to find *THE* Moai statues on that mythical island.
What good is Marble when you can't build Wonders! ;)
Honor policy track should have also been renamed since we now have Ceremonial & The Arts -- what about FORCE?
I rightfully so expected the entire Australian continental desert to roam in if only to take a sleepy swag at mighty Tasmania too.
But those are simple details.

Anyone besides me quite like the Polynesia scenario? It's quite challenging and important decisions have to be made. At first I was annoyed at the huge breadth of the South Pacific map, but after a while you start to enjoy the mystery of discovery, and the true feeling of lonely mystery as you sail caravels across the waves (to find Easter Island, which is the only place on the map with marble).

There is marble in Hawaii as well. :)

Try (c) by taking a snoopy glimpse to this Link for facts rather than opinions.

Actually those were just your opinions on the 2K website. I am not saying you are wrong or anything but you certainly didn't state any facts.

BTW, your persona there is much more coherent. :D

As far as DLC goes, as long as there are expansions that add major concepts like religion, espionage, etc and they continue to fix the game (diplomacy and the AI need a lot of work) then I can live with it.

If the money just gets siphoned off to greedy 2K Games to stave off bankruptcy then I'm not in favour.

If the money just gets siphoned off to greedy 2K Games to stave off bankruptcy then I'm not in favour.

2K is very far from being bankrupt... EA on the other hand.
Greed isn't a factor, AFAIC.
More like shareholders (leeches to me) still earn regular dividends while some Employees were simply fired at Firaxis last summer.
What i'm playing with *IS* a product created by coders & artists... not some Ponzi scheme publicly available at your favorite StockMarket exchanges for mo'profits.
Call it the Capitalism syndrome for collaborative theft.
Opinions? I have to wonder where value is, not to say business assets & liabilities.

The principle of commerce is simple... Buy/Sell.
The trick is to make it fair to the consumers *before* everyone else involved.
Otherwise Inflation takes over.

Well gotta say im enjoying playing as Poly.....On continents map by have already found everyone before the clasical era and am trading like mad with my continental neibours to buy an army to take over my continent.

Great ability for this type of map

Well gotta say im enjoying playing as Poly.....On continents map by have already found everyone before the clasical era and am trading like mad with my continental neibours to buy an army to take over my continent.

Great ability for this type of map

for sure man.

just played a fractal map (3 major continents) as Hiawatha and I was stuck alone with a hostile Kamehameha.

Nothing got me more annoyed/worried than seeing "Kamehameha signed a treaty of friendship with an Unknown Civ" every 10 or so turns while I could just sit there and wait with my Mohawks. :sad:

:) I like this new DLC Polynesia, it´s really great.

I think they are powerful and once you start to build those Moai statues culture starts going up really good, they look awesome on the shoreline.

I think I am going to try an immortal level with this civ.
This DLC is a success.

They are my favourite civ as of now. Just played my first game on a tiny islands map and it's awesome to have the advantage. I was able to scout an immense radius and pick the best spots before the others even had the chance to settle a second city. Didn't build the Moai statues at all though, have to try them in another game.

I think someone should add to the civ description at the start of this post that all Polynesian naval units can enter deep ocean from the beginning of the game. This includes units that for other civs are never able to enter deep ocean, such as Triremes. I assume it is true of Ironclads as well, although I have not yet gotten that far.

Five dollars just seems really steep for one new civ. Wasn't the last one with Spain and Inca also $4.99? That's two.

Top Bottom