• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New double post check

mrtn

Shaven not stirred
After a minor forum hickup I tried to post the same thing twice, but got a message that it was the duplicate of a post I'd already posted once in the latest 5 minutes. Good work on including that, no more annoying double posts! :goodjob:

That message doesn't prevent all double posts from occuring. There's still some weird internal thing that causes double posts to occasionally form.

Aren't smilies banned from sigs? If not they should be. ;)

Birdjaguar said:
Aren't smilies banned from sigs? If not they should be. ;)

Thundy's Rules said:
Keep your signature brief.
This forum has a signature feature that allows you to "sign" your posts with a customized block of text. The text may include links to other sites (as long as they are within the forum rules) and emoticons. No derogatory references to other members, spoiler tags, or quote tags are allowed in signatures.

Signatures are limited to 5 lines of regular (size 2) text. Using smaller text (size 1) allows 7 lines of text. Larger text (size 3) allows 3 lines of text. No text size larger then size 3 should be used. The number of lines for any text size includes blank lines and room used by emoticons and is evaluated at 1024x768 resolution.

Nope! :smug:

blocking duplicate posts is important. A part of the reason I was banned last spring was that I had posted the same thing twice and it was a boarderline acceptable post. (My router was broken so it didn't always work to send posts. So i posted thaought it wasn't and then tried aain 15 mins later.)

Perfection said:

We could always change it just for you. ;)

Anyway, about the double posts - it doesn't always work, especially when the server's really slow. I've made 7 duplicates once.

Chieftess said:
We could always change it just for you. ;)
Yeah, but that would be inconistant. Besides, if you make special rules just for me that would be drawing special attention to me, which is something I don't think you want!

Top Bottom