New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The YouTuber "The Saxy Gamer" released a video an hour ago with the title being "Civilization VI: Vesuvius - Second Expansion Leaks!"

I've been monitoring this thread and posting in it a good bit, so I know all the latest info. However I got well hyped thinking the second expansion was actually leaked, like we knew for absolutely certain it was coming out. I went here to expecting to see a new thread, however the contents of the video only covered the Maori leader and the sea improvements.

FeelsBadMan

I like the idea but not for civ.

Why? In my humble opinion trading routes should also work in a similar way. I have never urderstood why they give a steady flow of yields, instead of a bunch of them when they arrive to your city; why they do multiple travels back and forth instead of just one; or why the reciever city of the trading route does't earn anything unless you have a special ability to do so.

I won't discuss why each trade route yields what it yields or what you really offer to the reciever city to brings those yields back home, for me is just incomprehensible magic and it deserves its own thread, but I don't pretend to say that Civ 6 should be Patrician 6, but it should really learn something about it, because the economic aspect of the game just sucks and I think many of you will agree.

The YouTuber "The Saxy Gamer" released a video an hour ago with the title being "Civilization VI: Vesuvius - Second Expansion Leaks!"

I've been monitoring this thread and posting in it a good bit, so I know all the latest info. However I got well hyped thinking the second expansion was actually leaked, like we knew for absolutely certain it was coming out. I went here to expecting to see a new thread, however the contents of the video only covered the Maori leader and the sea improvements.

FeelsBadMan

Yeaaaaahhhh I've watched it too and I thought he will give us more information but it looks like we are far ahead of him. Civfanatics is of course the vanguard of civ's fans, where did they think we took our name? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Why? In my humble opinion trading routes should also work in a similar way. I have never urderstood why they give a steady flow of yields, instead of a bunch of them when they arrive to your city; why they do multiple travels back and forth instead of just one; or why the reciever city of the trading route does't earn anything unless you have a special ability to do so.

I won't discuss why each trade route yields what it yields or what you really offer to the reciever city to brings those yields back home, for me is just incomprehensible magic and it deserves its own thread, but I don't pretend to say that Civ 6 should be Patrician 6, but it should really learn something about it, because the economic aspect of the game just sucks and I think many of you will agree.
Oh, I just think a lot of those types of things should be run on a macro level with this sort of game. Set policies and that sort of thing, but I remember how trade routes used to work (where you would build a truck and manually send it to another city, for $$$). Of course it would be more complex than that now but new trade route system makes more sense to me (not to say it couldn't use some work).

trade routes giving lump sums would make sense with the general philosophy for civ6 to make decisions and the map matter more. A sum to spend on x would let you alter course in one turn, but only getting it at the end makes barbarians and war more of a danger and increases the risk. Which is probably why it's a steady trickle in. I don't like the fishing boat idea since do we really need more busy work? But yes, the naval side of the game doesn't work at all. Coastal cities are too weak and "working" sea tiles doesn't really make sense if you think about it. A bigger range in sea tiles would make sense since the sea is freedom. :)

I do hope they can address the economic side of the game a bit more, especially from the industrial era onwards, but not with entirely additional systems but more a reworking. Does't mean they can have three different sorts of factories depending on resources or anything like that. But it shouldn't increase the number of clicks I have to take and at best do away with busywork/micromanagement.

A bigger range in sea tiles would make sense since the sea is freedom.

This. Seems like they could maybe make this work. I would say the range into sea/ocean tiles should be 5 tiles, not 3.

Coastal cities are too weak and "working" sea tiles doesn't really make sense if you think about it..

Well, I mean, resources stuck to a tile doesn't make sense on land either. Horses weren't important to humans because they were immobile. There's no reason why you couldn't take that wheat or rice or sugar to other places--that was the whole point in real life. But I'll live with that.

Really like the idea of making sea tiles extend further out for a city.

Do you think the new sea tile improvements imply a new mechanic, or the expansion of say the adviser system?

I would guess a production sea improvement will be a governor exclusive improvement like the fishery. I would also bet it is attached to a new governor.

There very well may be a sea version of one or more of the other districts that these represent as they did with the entertainment district.

All of this is very welcomed. I generally play BERT every other game and it is always tough coming back to VI where the water isn't very friendly.

I would guess a production sea improvement will be a governor exclusive improvement like the fishery. I would also bet it is attached to a new governor.

There very well may be a sea version of one or more of the other districts that these represent as they did with the entertainment district.

All of this is very welcomed. I generally play BERT every other game and it is always tough coming back to VI where the water isn't very friendly.
I like the idea of better coasts and oceans, but please no sea districts. I know civ isn't all about realism but it's a bit silly.

Rise and Fall added reefs to the map, maybe artificial islands can be built on them, like British Navy's base Diego Garcia on the indian ocean or the new base Chinese are building..

I really hope that Rise and Fall mechanics will be implemented with new stuff like world congress, like Emergencies, Free cities etc.

I liked how in Rhye's and Fall mod for Civ 4 there was congress where conquered cities could be returned.

As far I remember World Congress wasn't the best part of Civ V. Mechanic was rather meh, it was bringing out all AI weaknesses and often when you were supposed to chose a resolution you were lack of interesting options. It was only a way to diplomatic win which was rather boring and now with all that AI aggressiveness against City-States would be a disaster. Do you really miss it?

As far I remember World Congress wasn't the best part of Civ V. Mechanic was rather meh, it was bringing out all AI weaknesses and often when you were supposed to chose a resolution you were lack of interesting options. It was only a way to diplomatic win which was rather boring and now with all that AI aggressiveness against City-States would be a disaster. Do you really miss it?
IF they made it better. Not missing an AI choosing to vote to ban a random luxury for no reason or whatever.

It just feels all wrong, no Ta Moko, very saddened.
It could be that they intend on adding his ta moko, but didn't want to make it too easy for us to guess who he is, so plan on adding it later? It would be rather odd if he is a Maori leader and doesn't have his ta moko, but worse things have happened to leaders in this game series...
I.E...

...I still haven't forgiven them for that historic atrocity.

On. So. Many. Levels. :wallbash:

There is a series on Amazon Prime called Britannia about the Roman invasion of Britain, and it has so many "throw a shoe at the tv" kinds of historical inaccuracies (like, why is the Irish assassin lady toting around a Cho-ku-no?!), but it has Ian Macdiarmid chewing scenery as a Celtic king. And it's just rife with that sort of delicious overacting. So it's a draw. The main female lead reminds me of Civ V Boudicca.

There's a new movie on Netflix about Robert the Bruce which is getting news for a certain scene which I won't mention here. Anyone seen it know how accurate it is? ahem, I meant the movie/story not the certain scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom