1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Expansion Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

If anyone would like to know more about Maurice Richard and why his mere existence makes Canada worthy of inclusion in Civ, read this very funny bio here : http://www.badassoftheweek.com/richard.html.
    And here is a photo of Maurice shaking hands after the game while bleeding profusely out of his head after scoring the game-winning goal in spite of a concussion.

Kheznik and CivLuvah like this.
  2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Well, it'd have to be pretty fabulous, yeah. I imagine it providing adjacency and maybe some faith/loyalty goodness. I don't know. I could see it being part of the leader unique, yeah, just with different graphics and built on mountains.

I think the terrace farms were my favorite thing in all of Civ V. I would not remove them.

3. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Ability to build farms on hill could be a potent unique ability as that would help alot when you have feudalism.

4. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

I've been thinking more and more that this way that they (possibly) leaked and teased (With the storm video) the expansion has actually been far more effective at getting us riled up and excited than we are giving it credit for. Some of us are less happy on how it was done, but most of us are now eagerly anticipating the future even more than before (myself included). And the third expansion comments from Mr. "Assembling Typhoon" gives me even more hope for even more content. So I'm just gonna go grab some popcorn...

5. altayrneto

altayrneto Chieftain

Maybe a unique neighborhood district (like Kongo's) that can be built on montains. Allowing build farms in mountains, for example, would mean that Incan civilian units would be allowed to cross mountains, which is a bonus that I would love to see!

SelmanV, Kjimmet, WorldWarIV and 2 others like this.
  6. Denkt

Denkt Reader

That would actually be pretty unique.

SelmanV and altayrneto like this.
  7. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Any guesses for wonders based on the new "leaked" mechanisms? The Statue of Zeus is quite right. The world congress makes me think that the United Nations will be in the game.

CivLuvah likes this.
  8. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

If that leak is true, then I'm pretty pleased with getting the Ottomans and Hungary, per my signature. I wish they'd gone with Mehmed rather than Suleiman again, but at least it's not Roxelana. Matthias Corvinus was my preferred choice for Hungary. I wonder if Dido's Phoenicia precludes the possible future inclusion of Carthage? Overall, not a bad list of civs, though I could have done without Canada.

This really bolsters my conviction that VI will get three expansions, or at the very least some wrap-up DLC. We're missing some vital civs, namely:
    • Portugal
    • Maya
    • Byzantium
    • Ethiopia
    • Babylon
    I also wouldn't say no to another NA native tribe, (actual) Carthage, or Morocco.

CivLuvah, blackcatatonic and Jkchart like this.
  9. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

There is a post in a different thread from the mysterious "Guesser" (who we are thinking is a leaker) that basically says there will "likely" be a third expansion with all of those civs possibly. Of course, all must be taken with a grain of salt until proven true, but I'm also excited for a third xpack.

ferretbacon likes this.
  10. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Three Gorges Dam sounds likely

11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It would be very, very late game, however. It depends a bit what regular dams actually do. If it is not related with power/production ancient/classical dams would be an option. Less wondrous dams (compared to the three gorges dam) of the earlier 20th century would be an option as well.

12. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Given that electricty will be a thing it sounds very likely they will have hydrodames. Future government forms could mean an expansion of the late game Tech tree so the game may last longer in the expansion.

Xandinho and Siptah like this.
  13. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Wouldn't the inclusion of dams mean that rivers need to work differently as well?

14. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Natural disasters and destruction of nature should be pretty much what you have to do to gain electricity.

15. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

Okay I'll admit I don't know much about Hungarian history but I don't think Matthias is anywhere near one of their more famous leaders, am I wrong?

16. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

Not really. If we can already build a watermill on a river I don't see why we can't do the same with dams.

17. kryat

kryat Chieftain

Not necessarily. It could just be a tile adjacent to a river that modifies the appearance of the river on the border.

18. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Yes, aside from the leaked off-shore wind park.

What I meant is: how do you place a dam (presumably a no-building district or improvement) when rivers are flowing between tiles instead of on tiles.

So the tile gets a dam and a small lake on it with the river flowing in from between tiles and leaving from between tiles? Would that look well? What would it need as a perquisite? Two hill or mountain tiles where the river flows in between? Or possible on flat lands?

SelmanV likes this.
  19. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

I'd say he's rather famous and accomplished Hungarian leader actually.

20. altayrneto

altayrneto Chieftain

Btw, will World Wonders be destroyed by natural disasters? If yes, they could add a option: or we rebuild the same wonder in the same place (as Venice did with St. Mark's Campanile) or use the debris (production) to build something else...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.