1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Expansion Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saltcreek

Saltcreek Chieftain

I suspect that any Canadian UI will be based around trading (fur), agriculture, or mining. The hockey rink would be a bit to cliche however I do suspect that Canada would be a culture civ (if included)

But America, Brazil, and Australia do? Canada has a lot of history to draw from, a lot more than you know.

2. Kheznik

Kheznik Chieftain

There is if you look past 1867...

Everybody seems to think that Canada just poofed into existence that year, like the Canadian culture and people just suddenly manifested out of thin air.

SelmanV, WorldWarIV, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  3. Proclo

Proclo Chieftain

For me they would certainly have some bonuses towards shipbuilding in the form of a UD or we will have the Carthage Cothon as world wonder

Jkchart likes this.
  4. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Just give them additional trade route.

5. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

The Cothon would make an excellent wonder.

6. Myomoto

Myomoto Chieftain

Scotland got golf courses, I can totally see it.

7. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

8. Garry Nixon

Garry Nixon Chieftain

An idea of how a natural disaster mechanism may work, that could soften the blow of being subject to an RNG.
    In the early game being subject to a disaster generates faith, in propotion to the damage suffered
    In the mid game it may generate science, and in the late game, it's a consequence of a lack of investment in emergency preparedness.
    In any case I suspect that it will be larger empires that suffer greater than smaller ones, so it could also be a method limit wide empires

Proclo and darkace77450 like this.
  9. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I was thinking it would be good to see Canada as a Civ that is somehow able to make use of snow tiles, a bit like Russia can with tundra.

WorldWarIV, Duuk and johnlynch13957 like this.
  10. Saltcreek

Saltcreek Chieftain

That is exactly why I think it will not happen as it would be too similar to Scotland. Also, it would need to be usable in an age that is not the atomic one for it to have any real value.

11. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

America gave us Star Wars and Michael Jackson (culture), the Wright brothers and the first man to walk on the moon (science), the atomic bomb and the greatest military in the history of mankind (military). I'm not especially keen on modern nations in Civilization, but I think America has earned its spot on the roster. Feel free to call me out for being biased if you I am.

12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

By "cross mountains" I take you mean "sit on mountains while my units slowly die of attrition" which was always Civ V Dido's favourite trick :crazyeye:

Ivan Hunger and Siptah like this.
  13. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

The best way to mitigate RNG is to give players as much control as possible, reason why I think they might give us a way to know where this kind of disaster can happen, so we take it into account when we build a city and we might have ways to know when and where it will happen before it does, so we can prepare somehow. For me information is key and a way to counter or control the effects of a natural disaster. Players must have some agency over RNG for it do be a fun mechanic.

Proclo and darkace77450 like this.
  14. Proclo

Proclo Chieftain

Like I said I'm Spanish and my English has margin to improve, but... I was trying to be sarcastic. I hope they don't but I'm 90% sure they will go for the stereotypical solution.

15. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

It's a part of our culture, yes, but like bull fighting to Spain, over emphasized.

If they had to go that route, I'd prefer Curling Rink to Hockey Arena. Or even Lacrosse Field.

415 years, if you count from Champlain's settlement of Port Royal in 1603. 500+ if you count from the settlement of St. John's, Newfoundland, a multicultural affair that fits fairly well with Canada's historical multi-culturalism.

ZenSpider and WorldWarIV like this.
  16. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

I think it's quite sure to think that Canada will be a civ end-game diplomat, especially with the World Congress included.

Honestly, although I have preference for ancient/medieval civs, I do not bother much with inclusions of modern civs. What interests me most is that this civ is interesting to play, if Canada is interesting to play, I will play a lot with it.

Siptah likes this.
  17. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Just joined in. 15 new pages since yesterday. Did i miss something :)

AvianBritish and altayrneto like this.
  18. Pilsener Grease

Pilsener Grease Chieftain

On that note -- and for those who keep track of these things -- St. John's claims to be the oldest city site in North America orginally chosen and continuously settled by Europeans

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  19. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Just a leak.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  20. johnlynch13957

johnlynch13957 Chieftain

Go to page 69 or 70 if you want to be spoiled.

RohirrimElf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.