New Forest/Jungle Graphics

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
Yes.. we're so desperate for new info we have now sunk so low that we're discussing as to why they've replaced/improved the graphics for the Forest and Jungle tiles :|

So why have they? You guys think that Brave New World will bring some graphic engine improvements/optimizations?

I always plays in low/medium settings, so I don't know if it's an improvement or just how it looks on advanced settings :sad:

I play on high settings, and I don't think the jungles look all that different. You can always see the individual palm fronds when you zoom in. The forests do look different to me. They have coniferous trees interspersed among the deciduous trees. That's new.

I watched the pax demo and I thought the terrain looked a little different.

I play on high settings, and I don't think the jungles look all that different. You can always see the individual palm fronds when you zoom in. The forests do look different to me. They have coniferous trees interspersed among the deciduous trees. That's new.

Do you mind posting a screenshot, I have somewhat high settings but they're not the very high ones.

I always play with the Strategic View on. It was hard at first but once you get used to it there's no going back. All the vital info can be seen at a glance, no need to scan the landscape in order to find your toops amid the visual clutter. Still, it's nice of them to improve the graphics for those who prefer them. I always thought that Civ V graphics looked stale compared to Civ IV. Lifeless somehow. Perhaps it's the lack of animations; there were waving trees and bird noises etc in Civ IV (iirc). I still think that Civ II style graphics are the way to go though. If only they could spend the resources that are spent on new graphics for every new Civ game on the AI instead... :drool:

Wow... I didn't even notice this! I've been clamoring for a long time for some coniferous trees. Though, mainly in the tundra regions.

If they went thru the trouble to disperse them a bit within the regular forests, I'm sure they've implemented them in the tundra! Snow-capped ones would be amazing. :)

Top Bottom