1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] New Frontier Pass Screenshot Analysis Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, May 11, 2020.

1. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Yes, that's consistent with how other multi-plot Natural Wonders work

AvianBritish and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  2. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Although interestingly, the tiles above the natural wonder don't seem to have the yields doubled, so it might be a slightly more complicated adjacency rule.

3. Backero

Backero Chieftain

Ot this wonder takes 3 tiles in triangle and it really looks like that. Then the other 2 tiles shich are adjacent to 2 tiles of the wonder don;t provide bonuses becouse they are mountains.

Jeppetto likes this.
  4. Lonecat Nekophrodite

Lonecat Nekophrodite King

I see. This time you'd better expand next to it rather than be the first to find it.

5. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

On further study, I don't think the houses get bigger... it's just the same building pointing in different directions.

6. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

There is additional building on the picture where it grows
    Every picture but the second is the same, the second one is the only one grown, having more square than long building plus additional building

VermelhoRed likes this.
  7. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Excited about Paititi. How much gold would you get if that plain desert tile was diamonds in that screenshot? :D

pokiehl likes this.
  8. Alucard648

Alucard648 Chieftain

And mine it while playing as Mali...

Thormodr likes this.
  9. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Plus Petra and a pantheon. :D

10. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

i did manage to get three of the rivers so it was not a total waste

Jeppetto and DWilson like this.
  11. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I might not have to do anything with "growing" at all. Most tile improvements have two or three versions. This is true for unique improvements such as those from Australia, The Netherlands, Scottland (look at the golf course with and without golf cart), etc.

So it could just be an alternating graphic.

Jeppetto likes this.
  12. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

The Nihang (Lahore unique unit) costs 200 Faith, and this does not increase. It has base 25 Combat Strength, and 55 with Armory, so the full progression is probably something like 25/40/55/70 (Base/Barracks/Armory/Military Academy).

Here is the promotion tree:

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    conorbebe, AntSou, Meluhhan and 7 others like this.
  13. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Indeed, the Lahore description (or the reveal description) does mentoin specifically +15 per Encampment building
    EDIT: By the way, it took hella long for Unique CS Unit. Expected it sooner, though paradoxly, the one example I thought of would be introduced here anyway and that's something like Swiss Guard from Vatican City.

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Jeppetto and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  15. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Does anyone have images of the Barracks upgrade version of the Nihang (which I presume is armed with sword and shield)?

16. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

BTW not sure If somebody mentoined it somewhere but I assume Meter Sites work like Goody Huts. Walked over one that was in my way and it gave me Curassier.

17. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Not quite - they give a heavy cavalry unit (this is noted in the event text).

However I made a mod for them to act as goody huts and give random rewards and it's much more fun :D

18. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Did you make custom rewards or did you literally make them the same as goody huts?

Edit: found it.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    pokiehl likes this.
  19. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Does the mod also create a unique event text or is it still like "the tribal people give you this or that"?

pokiehl likes this.
  20. pokiehl

pokiehl King

For anyone interested, here's the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2104617398

A little bit of both! I thought that Meteor Showers are rarer and more spectacular events than a Goody Hut, so I wanted their bonuses to be a bit better. To that end, I removed a few of the less useful Goody Hut bonuses, like a random Scout (this is good for early game but not interesting for a late-game Meteor Shower pick-up). Additionally, I removed the smallest bonuses for lump sums of Gold and Faith. I also added a couple new bonuses, like granting a random Civic (Goody Huts can already grant a random Technology, so I thought random Civic fit just as nicely).

Oh and the meteor's originally heavy cavalry bonus is still in there among all the others I added.

Just as with Goody Huts, the weaker bonuses are weighted more heavily than the stronger bonuses, but overall you have a better chance of getting a stronger bonus than a Goody Hut.

Unique text! For the event itself, I changed:

to
    etc.

All mention of the "tribal people" is removed and the bonuses are shown via pop-up colored float text. I originally had some cool flavor text for each pick-up, like "Your people discovered a mystifying Relic where the meteor fell." But unfortunately, I discovered that the float text disappears too quickly for most people to read this. So I simplified it to simply state what the bonus you receive is.