1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] New Frontier Pass Screenshot Analysis Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, May 11, 2020.

1. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Now I want stuffed grape leaves (which are also called dolma). :D

Guandao likes this.
  2. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

Thanks for all the people correcting my impression of Nebraska. I was west of Lincoln, which is apparently now all corn country, but I never saw it - of course, that was half a century ago and a lot can change . . .

Now, in my home state of Missouri, the southwestern edge is wheat country but the Ozark Mountains region is all orchards, some dairy pasturage and cornfields. And, notoriously, a percentage of the corn gets liquified into Moonshine and trucked up to Kansas City or across the state to Saint Louis. My grandfather made a living for a while right before and after WWII "running 'shine" - and made a lot more money at it than the wheat farmers were getting for their crop!

Speaking of which, now that they've got maize in the game, they've got to figure out a way to sneak an extra Amenity Resource in derived from it: Bourbon. Maybe a new City State named Lynchburg . . .

And yet another thought: the Native American Agriculture basis was the 'Three Sisters" of Maize, Squash and Beans. Should they ever include another NA Civ (Haudenosenee, anyone?) it would be nice to see a nod to the special properties of that distinctly Non-European, Non-Old-World agricultural system included.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  3. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

:lol: Now try saying that with elote which is the way Mexicans and most Central American countries call it.

But on a serious note, elote comes from the Nahuatl elotitutl, meaning tender cob (on the plant or recently harvested). Maize, from Spanish maíz, from Taino mahiz, is really used as a generic name but it truly refers to the not-so-recently harvested cob or even the dry kernel of any type of corn even for the large-kernel variety choclo of the Andean countries. So ideally it should be called elote, considering that in-game it is shown still on the plant, thus fresh.

Thormodr, Sirimiri, Guandao and 2 others like this.
  4. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Not really for analysis purposes but here's a better shot of the Honey/Bees camp:

5. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Myomoto and bite like this.
  6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

7. untitledjuan

untitledjuan Chieftain

It's funny because I live a couple houses away from a real 1550's colonial hacienda house in Bogotá

Thormodr, Guandao and VermelhoRed like this.
  8. bbbt

bbbt Deity

In the Commandante General screenshot you can see that it combines fences with each other and a plantation, and that they have different graphics - getting bigger houses - when next to multiple ones (in the back right near the city)

9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

In the video, they tried very hard to frame the shots around Barcelona so that you can't see the name of the Religious city-state to the north, but I think it's Vatican City.

Guandao, Bonci and bite like this.
  10. Laurana Kanan

11. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

did some annoying frame-by-frame to see if they slipped but they were good

12. Laurana Kanan

Comandante Generale

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  13. Eagle Pursuit

I was able to see the bottom of the last four letters. I think it's CITY.

It has a Mediterranean style capital.

14. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

It is a nice touch that the Haciendas incorporate the fence from the Plantations. There really should be more visual telltales for adjacency bonuses like this throughout the game.

Unfortunately, that's about all there is for this update.

15. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

They also seemingly turned off resource icons. So much for my pixel by pixel analysis.

16. Lonecat Nekophrodite

Lonecat Nekophrodite King

So returns from Civ5 BNW? and thousands of gold coins awarded to the first who discover it too?

Does it means there maybe King Solomon's mines too? (I'd prefer this one to be buildable wonder that can only be built on any resources that requires mine to tap)

17. Eagle Pursuit

As of today's video, Paititi gives +3 gold and +2 culture to surrounding tiles. Although we don't really know if there's a discovery bonus or not.

18. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Seems it's going to be like normal Natural Wonders (this one grants +3Gold and +2Culture to adajcent tiles) except mystical. So far only confirmed ones are this (Paititi or whatever), Bermuda Triangle and The Fountain of Youth.

EDIT: Eagle flies too fast

tedhebert likes this.
  19. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Civ5 had El Dorado; Civ6 has Paititi. Thematically similar, but different lost cities of gold.

20. Backero

Backero Chieftain

upload_2020-5-19_19-54-54.png
    Bonuses of that natural wonder are really scary. Seems to be +3 gold and +2 culture on adjacent tiles, but its doubled just below it (maybe just for being adjacent to both of tiles this wonder takes.

Thormodr likes this.