[NFP] New Frontier Pass Screenshot Analysis Thread

Then Charles XII is credited for putting cabbage rolls (dolma) on our plates
Now I want stuffed grape leaves (which are also called dolma). :D

Thanks for all the people correcting my impression of Nebraska. I was west of Lincoln, which is apparently now all corn country, but I never saw it - of course, that was half a century ago and a lot can change . . .

Now, in my home state of Missouri, the southwestern edge is wheat country but the Ozark Mountains region is all orchards, some dairy pasturage and cornfields. And, notoriously, a percentage of the corn gets liquified into Moonshine and trucked up to Kansas City or across the state to Saint Louis. My grandfather made a living for a while right before and after WWII "running 'shine" - and made a lot more money at it than the wheat farmers were getting for their crop!

Speaking of which, now that they've got maize in the game, they've got to figure out a way to sneak an extra Amenity Resource in derived from it: Bourbon. Maybe a new City State named Lynchburg . . .

And yet another thought: the Native American Agriculture basis was the 'Three Sisters" of Maize, Squash and Beans. Should they ever include another NA Civ (Haudenosenee, anyone?) it would be nice to see a nod to the special properties of that distinctly Non-European, Non-Old-World agricultural system included.

Last edited:
How much corn could a corn farm farm if a corn farm could farm corn?

:lol: Now try saying that with elote which is the way Mexicans and most Central American countries call it.

But on a serious note, elote comes from the Nahuatl elotitutl, meaning tender cob (on the plant or recently harvested). Maize, from Spanish maíz, from Taino mahiz, is really used as a generic name but it truly refers to the not-so-recently harvested cob or even the dry kernel of any type of corn even for the large-kernel variety choclo of the Andean countries. So ideally it should be called elote, considering that in-game it is shown still on the plant, thus fresh.

Not really for analysis purposes but here's a better shot of the Honey/Bees camp:

In the video, they tried very hard to frame the shots around Barcelona so that you can't see the name of the Religious city-state to the north, but I think it's Vatican City.

In the video, they tried very hard to frame the shots around Barcelona so that you can't see the name of the Religious city-state to the north, but I think it's Vatican City.

did some annoying frame-by-frame to see if they slipped but they were good

did some annoying frame-by-frame to see if they slipped but they were good

They also seemingly turned off resource icons. So much for my pixel by pixel analysis.

Paitati a natural wonder- the city of gold

So returns from Civ5 BNW? and thousands of gold coins awarded to the first who discover it too?

Does it means there maybe King Solomon's mines too? (I'd prefer this one to be buildable wonder that can only be built on any resources that requires mine to tap)

So returns from Civ5 BNW? and thousands of gold coins awarded to the first who discover it too?

Does it means there maybe King Solomon's mines too? (I'd prefer this one to be buildable wonder that can only be built on any resources that requires mine to tap)

As of today's video, Paititi gives +3 gold and +2 culture to surrounding tiles. Although we don't really know if there's a discovery bonus or not.

Seems it's going to be like normal Natural Wonders (this one grants +3Gold and +2Culture to adajcent tiles) except mystical. So far only confirmed ones are this (Paititi or whatever), Bermuda Triangle and The Fountain of Youth.

EDIT: Eagle flies too fast

upload_2020-5-19_19-54-54.png

Bonuses of that natural wonder are really scary. Seems to be +3 gold and +2 culture on adjacent tiles, but its doubled just below it (maybe just for being adjacent to both of tiles this wonder takes.

Top Bottom