[NFP] New Frontier Pass Screenshot Analysis Thread

Couldn't this be Ik Kiil - or is that already in the game? I mean, I know I have it in my game, but I forget if it's from core game or a mod.
This is how Ik-Kil looks like in-game.

Natural Wonder Ik-Kil.png

Don't we already have the Ik Kil? It came with Gathering Storm.

Whatever the thing in the screenshot is I don't think it is Ik Kil because we already have it, and it doesn't look like the Ik Kil in the game.
It might not be likely, but is it possible they could have updated and changed the look for it?

Gran Colombia's unique improvement might be the Hacienda.

They probably provide bonuses from being adjacent to one another.

Random thought, but Haciendas are probably a descendant of the classical Roman plantations (Latifundium). I read an interesting article about an excavation on one such plantation site in Southern Italy. They found burials and two of the skeletons had DNA markers from East Asia/Southeast Asia! Shows how far reaching Roman influence was or how people from distant lands traveled (or were forced to travel) to the empire.

The Spanish thought the fountain of Youth might have been in Florida, right? Like Ponce de Leon!

I mean, Age of Empires 3 also located the FoY in Florida in their campaign....perhaps the Fountain in Civ6 is partially based on Lake Okeechobee....

The cultist one I believe is the soothsayer, which can summon disasters

Is this confirmed? I would have guessed this is Secret Society, rather than the soothsayer for the Apocalypse mode myself.

Not saying you're wrong at all.

No, this isn't Ik Kil. This isn't a hole, it's a lake. And it has a tree covered in Spanish moss. So it's likely the Fountain of Youth.

Nah. Lake with Spanish-moss-covered trees: it's Okefenokee Swamp and gives you access to the I Go Pogo Great Work which makes your entire civilization a lot funnier.

Are we sure meteorites create iron? Maybe they're something more akin to Artefacts.

As somebody already posted, it's speculation based on Screenshot Analysis at this point.

BUT "Meteoric Iron" was a real thing, in many cases considered to have 'magic' properties and in more prosaic cases providing some really pure iron deposits for primitive 'steel' working. A meteor Impact Crater could legitimately be a source for a Special Resource type of Iron.
But I'd bet they don't get that complicated, and it's just an Iron source for the players that feel their game is no longer playable if they have no access to Iron resource in the Classical Era (and who have a point, if their nearest neighbors are Mongolia, Aztecs, Zulu and Rome and they don't have access to either Iron OR horses!)

Is this confirmed? I would have guessed this is Secret Society, rather than the soothsayer for the Apocalypse mode myself.

Not saying you're wrong at all.

If it is a Soothsayer, I will never be able to see it in the game without superimposing a picture of Zero Mostel from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum declaiming "I must say the Sooth!" in hollow tones . . .

Is the Bermuda Triangle actually confirmed? I thought the vortex was one of the armageddon disasters.

Top Bottom