[NFP] New Frontier Pass Screenshot Analysis Thread

He also speculated "green wheat" (i.e., rice) was a new resource so... :p
Yes, his analysis of several suspected new resources was all 100% wrong... but it's clear that McWhiskey and SaxyGamer received some specific information about the screenshots (and they each received slightly different information; for example, they were both told the name of the Soothsayer, but only one was told what it was for). And yes, all this second-hand information must be viewed with healthy skepticism.

Mayan city center at 0:07 seconds.
Looks nice. I'm guessing "Cinnabar and Jade" are the Maya's default player colors. ETA: Well, if I'd been paying attention I would have seen that their player colors are "dark teal and blue." :p

With a generic monument...

Come on Firaxis! Give them the Aztec one! Please :p
I'm guessing they will on release.

I love that the comet strike leaves a crater and even fills with water since it's next to a river.
A lot of impact sites on Earth now appear as lakes so it may form a lake even without a nearby river.

From the bilibili video, the Gran Colombia player has a horse unit with an icon that looks like a guitar.
That would be Miguel so where's Tulio? :mischief:

From the bilibili video, the Gran Colombia player has a horse unit with an icon that looks like a guitar.

I think I figured out the name of the unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanero

A llanero (Spanish pronunciation: [ʝaˈneɾo], plainsman) is a South American herder. The name is taken from the Llanos grasslands occupying western-central Venezuela and eastern Colombia. The Llanero were originally part Spanish and Indian and have a strong culture including a distinctive form of music.

During the Latin American wars of independence, Llaneros served in both armies and provided the bulk of the cavalry during the war. In 1819, an army of Llaneros, led by Simón Bolívar and José Antonio Páez, defeated the Spanish with a surprise attack when they crossed over the Orinoco plains and the Andes mountains.

Last edited:
I think I figured out the name of the unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanero

A llanero (Spanish pronunciation: [ʝaˈneɾo], plainsman) is a South American herder. The name is taken from the Llanos grasslands occupying western-central Venezuela and eastern Colombia. The Llanero were originally part Spanish and Indian and have a strong culture including a distinctive form of music.

During the Latin American wars of independence, Llaneros served in both armies and provided the bulk of the cavalry during the war. In 1819, an army of Llaneros, led by Simón Bolívar and José Antonio Páez, defeated the Spanish with a surprise attack when they crossed over the Orinoco plains and the Andes mountains.
Makes me hope Bolivar offers you some arepas with his delegation, continuing the food trend...

Definitely corn or maize. It's a farm not a plantation. Yerba mate is already conceptually covered by the tea luxury anyway.
Hey wait there, yerba mate is veeeery diferent from tea my friend, say that to anyone in southern brazil and you will be a dead man.

Top Bottom