1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New GMR hotseat game, regular players please

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Banman, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Onan

Onan Dad

Well, if you sent an invite, let's wait and see if he accepts. Worry later. :)

2. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I am a veteran at Civ IV Pitboss games, but haven't done multiplayer in Civ V because they haven't got around to getting Pitboss up and running yet. But I'm willing to try this hotseat thing.

I have downloaded the GMR client and it is up and running. There is no indication on the client that there is an invite. I am also logged in to GMR website through the Steam login and there are no notifications. I have also attempted to get to the game url which Tabarnak posted in the important thread http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#340 but no luck. It just hangs and shows the blue dots loading thing. I've tried multiple browsers. Anyone have any ideas how I'm supposed to accept or see the invite. I have sent an email to GMR support asking why I can't get to the game url, but have not heard back yet.

I am very interested in taking the reigns of Egypt and trying to defend it from the opportunistic advances of Egypt's enemies. I am just looking for a way through the technological difficulties I'm having.

3. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

hi mblum. welcome.

maybe you need the latest flash to view the blue dots on website?

Tab: Alternatively you can generate invite link and paste it here for him to join. but the 'invite only' option should be off. and should post invite link only after the spot is available. as it works only once.

4. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I updated Flash and it said Flash 11.5 installed correctly. But still the blue dots go one forever. I use Firefox normally, but I've also tried with Google Chrome and page not loading. I have sent the issue to GMR support, so unless the invite link works, I have to wait for them. Tabarnak added me as friend on Steam, but I don't see the invite there. Can someone confirm that the invite is accepted through the GMR site and not through the Steam interface?

Attached Files:

5. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

yes. GMR.

but if he generates the invite link. it can be here on the forum

6. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Try going to the GMR website and logging in through Steam (top right corner). Then you should see an invite.

In the middle of posting this, I tried going to the game. Those blue dots are new to me! Regardless, even before they finished "loading", the log in button in the top right is there. Try that! :)

7. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Should there be an invite in the notifications or somewhere else? Because the only notification I have is the Welcome notification.

EDIT: I'm logged in just fine, but don't see any invite.

8. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

lol. Tab just got himself kicked in the game. i think Onan is the host now

9. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

Ok something strange happened when i tried to play my turn after changing timer to 1 hour and 1 skip and reverted 2 rounds behind. I got boot to destkop and my game literally disapeared from my list! :eek:

10. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

all your games or just this one?

11. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

This one only.

12. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Tab kicked himself to AI, and with his invite link it would let me take over for the 2 AI-controlled Civs, Rome and Russia. If we can kick Islandia, that invite link would work for me. It says that Islandia is now the host.

EDIT: I'm on US Central Time (Guadalajara, Mexico) so I'm going to bed, but will look at the situation in the morning.

13. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Oh dear. we need GMR admin to work this out.

and the timer is 1 hour. seems a lot of skips.

14. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

the worst is happening right now. Onan got kicked.

15. Onan

Onan Dad

The game is off my list too, maybe gone for all? Hopefully Mel can salvage it for us!

16. Onan

Onan Dad

If it had been your turn for more than an hour, when you changed those settings while,it was your turn, it would've skipped and booted you immediately. The timer keeps track of how long a player has a turn, even when it's not on. Oooooops! :lol:

Edit: did I not say to wait until it was Islandia's turn? I'm sure I did. :lol:

17. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

Now i understand...--->:mad:--->:cry:--->:blush:

I should have played my turn normally then set 1 hour, wait 1 hour to boot Isl and put everything normal after.

Edit : i 've sent a PM to m4stermel

18. Onan

Onan Dad

Hi mblum (Emblem?), welcome to civ 5 MP.

Tab is Russia in this game...and given that I think he accidentally booted himself about ten hours ago, I think all the players might've been kicked by now and the game has fallen into a black hole.

We are going to have to wait and see if the GMR admins can resurrect this game for us.

Tab...this is an impressive mistake! Never mind nukes, guys, deploy the Black Hole and let's annihilate the world! :rotfl:

19. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

I was the only one not kicked! VICTORY FOR ME YOU ALL SURRENDERED BWAHAHA :D

Smooth. Very smooth. It says it auto-fixed it.

mblem, I have no idea what's going on. You say you can see the invite now? That must be because there's "space". Once we ACTUALLY kick the correct player, it should work I assume. Here's hoping...cheers.

20. Onan

Onan Dad

Yes. And in future I will advise anyone trying this to make the skip limit the same as the number of skips of the player you want to boot, +1...and not anything less. :sad:

I posted in the GMR thread asking Mel for help as well. Fingers crossed!