New GMR hotseat game, regular players please

I was the only one not kicked! VICTORY FOR ME YOU ALL SURRENDERED BWAHAHA :D

Smooth. Very smooth. It says it auto-fixed it.

mblem, I have no idea what's going on. You say you can see the invite now? That must be because there's "space". Once we ACTUALLY kick the correct player, it should work I assume. Here's hoping...cheers.

Gamer if you a the last player or the host now please do this now:

Turn off the timer, disable it, and hold the turn, do not play it.

We don't want everyone to get booted. Did you really get a victory screen already?

As I just said, though perhaps you were posting simultaneously with me (lol) so you didn't see it, GMR sent me a message saying:

Every player has been kicked except one, which would cause the game to get stuck on that player's turn (CiV can't run it if there's no human player to pause and save on and load from). All of the recent kicks in the string of sequential kicks have been reverted.

That's as much as I remembered. I lol'd and deleted the email. So I'm not sure if you have to re-accept an invite (in which case we may or may not be stuck on Islandia forever...depending on whether or not we can ALSO invite mblum simultaneously) or if it just re-added you.

So um...I'll go check the website.

Edit: OH NOOOOOO! lol it apparently didn't wait until there was only 1 person left (the email must've lied). Everyone is in except Tab and Onan, and ISLANDIA is the host lolololol FAIL

So yeah Islandia is the host now...and all of his skips went POOF. And the timer is off, so we're stuck on his turn until Mel can do something. :lol:

Who is the next player? Islandia will get kicked and the next player will be made host.

Whoever happens to get the turn during their hour, when they've also been made host, please disable the timer and hold the turn.

At least there is good news here: the GMR admins thought of such possibilities, and have some kind of auto failsafe which prevents a game from imploding in this way!

So it should be salvageable, we just need someone to catch it at the right time and disable the timer, hold the turn, and re invite whoever is missing from the game. Phew!

So yeah Islandia is the host now...and all of his skips went POOF. And the timer is off, so we're stuck on his turn until Mel can do something. :lol:

Oh I see. Well, lets wait. I'll stop cross-posting with you now.

Who knew GMR could go so wrong? :crazyeye:

Ok so I updated the GMR thread with this new info.

Yes, the failsafe is a great idea, but somehow it didn't quite work right. You and Tab are still gone, and though everyone else is still there I never got emails saying they were booted in the first place! So I don't know what really happened.

I just thought it was hilarious! Sorry if I worried you with that bwahaha I won bit.

Time for bed! If this weren't so "urgent" I would have gone to bed (its 4:20 am as I post this)! :crazyeye:

Nah wasn't worried, I think this is all highly amusing too. Glad you could update us on the situation, thanks. The only message I got was that Tab had surrendered from the game. :suicide:

Sorry guys i eat an apple from the forbidden tree. Or opened the Pandora's box. Or anything else symbolic for you :lol:

Only gods can stop this mess! Err i mean devs.

I show up and the game goes crazy. I broke it. We're all here because we want turn-based multiplayer. I wish Fireaxis hadn't pushed the Pitboss community way down their priority list; I remember them saying Pitboss for Civ V would be coming out a while ago. But cheers to GMR for trying to correct that and to all of us for withstanding the bugs and confusingness to help it work more smoothly.

Sorry guys i eat an apple from the forbidden tree. Or opened the Pandora's box. Or anything else symbolic for you :lol:

Only gods can stop this mess! Err i mean devs.

Tabarnak tried to steal fire from the gods, but he got burned. :hammer2:

It looks like the folks at GMR have worked magic once again. Islandia is out, I am now Egypt, Tab is back to being Russia and is the current host, Onan is back as Arabia, and Rome is an AI. Will take my turn now to see if it works, but thanks to GMR technical support.

Everything looks fine. I mean the game :lol:

What an entry for mblum :eek: But hey i was planning to do this no matter what. Siam is too big right now ;)

Thanks Mel :goodjob:

Everything looks fine. I mean the game :lol:

What an entry for mblum :eek: But hey i was planning to do this no matter what. Siam is too big right now ;)

Thanks Mel :goodjob:

I have no hard will for Tabarnak, only for the Russian leaders who are making a mistake.

The turn seemed to run smoothly technologically speaking, so I think it is good to go now. Just wanted to say thank you all for accepting me into your game, even if it is to be for a limited time.

Egypt's ambassadors are posting this message to Russia in a public place because they do not wish to approach Russian troops to deliver it for fear of developing a permanent case of dead.

Egyptian-Russian Diplomacy enclosed.
Spoiler :
Dear Russian neighbors:

Egypt's former ruler was ousted due to a lack of popular support. As Egypt's new leader, I wish to make it clear that things will not run the way they did before. We are currently in a state of war, a war which thanks to previous government, we are not prepared for. I want to let Russia know that while we welcome peace with Russia, Egypt will, in the face of continued aggression, fight to the death and put all of her resources into killing as many invading troops as possible. While Egypt understands why Russia would like to take on Siam with the Egyptian cities as part of their Empire, that route will result in a bloodied Russia taking on a rested Siam. Why not skip the Pyrrhic victory that will be Egypt's demise and concentrate healthy troops on Siam with the backing of a small, but fierce Egypt. This would benefit both the Russian and the Egyptian peoples. We would understand you continuing your present aggression if you truly think that Russia's best interest lies in destroying Egypt, but if that is the case Russia will will find Egypt full of bitter enemies instead of potential allies. We will take silence or continued aggression to mean that Russia does not care to deal with the Egyptian people.

Signed,
mblum

Based on the open letter it seemed that Russia is going to war with Siam? Although it is possible but RKH would rather believe that Russians just want Egyptian land for development. Or is RKH totally mistaken?

Lol Onan, trying to start a war between his opponents.

It seems that Egypt is suggesting a Russian-Egyptian alliance against Siam, rather than a Russian-Egyptian War that Siam gets to develop during.

And Arabia is more than happy to let all THREE of you fight amongst yourselves. Glorious. I love diplomacy :D

:hatsoff:

I trusted Egypt's words and decided to retreat and let you happy. This new government has some potential for better cooperation. Catherine was afraid of many things but she can sleep in peace now.

You can agree the peace deal so we can unite our forces against the evil axe to the east :mischief:

If we can share borders maybe we can do better than if we spend gold and production at destroying each other.

Top Bottom