New? Lost? Post here!

I'm a bit confused by the sub-forums.

Why is "Initial forum content & ramp-up discussion" in Laws & Regulations?
Where should I post something about city micromangament when the game has started?

I'm a bit confused by the sub-forums.

Why is "Initial forum content & ramp-up discussion" in Laws & Regulations?
Where should I post something about city micromangament when the game has started?

1. Initial forum content & Ramp up should be in the main thread
2. City Micromanagement should go into the gameplay subforum.

As this is my first demo game...is there a sub forum for rp discussion? If so, could you please point me in the right direction.

You are in it! :)

So, I'm very confused. Are there rules somewhere that describe how this all works?

I see that all factions have to be tied to despotism for now. Does that mean that new factions will be invented by people as new government civics are discovered?

How is the ruling faction chosen, and how does this change? What kinds of things are controlled by the ruling faction, vs. what things are controlled by the entire voting citizenry?

Each faction has a BtS leaderhead with two traits. Does that mean that someone goes into worldbuilder and changes the leader when the faction changes?

So, I'm very confused. Are there rules somewhere that describe how this all works?
We are in the process of finalizing the rules. Look in the Laws and Regulation forum, in the thread titled Finalize Ruleset or something like that.

I see that all factions have to be tied to despotism for now. Does that mean that new factions will be invented by people as new government civics are discovered?
Yes. Or whenever you want to, really.

How is the ruling faction chosen, and how does this change? What kinds of things are controlled by the ruling faction, vs. what things are controlled by the entire voting citizenry?
This is included in the Ruleset thread I directed you to. Basically, the ruling faction decides pretty much everything. Only basic rules like term length, reporting events in-game, etc. are set in stone.

Each faction has a BtS leaderhead with two traits. Does that mean that someone goes into worldbuilder and changes the leader when the faction changes?
To make the first election even more exciting, the faction that gets elected will determine our leader for all eternity. So, if the Mysticracy Faction gets put into power first, the leader would be Brennus (as of now) forever, even if (when) another faction comes into power.

what are the faction choices

what are the faction choices

You will see threads in this forum titled "Warlord Faction" or Philosophers of the Legion Faction." This is where each faction will define themselves.

Hi all,
I'm kinda new to this forum, and tired of playing Civ on my own. I feel like playing this "demogame". However i don't quite fully understand the basics of a demogame.
Can someone link me to a thread where i can read the concepts of a demogame and also where i can sign up for demogame III?

I'll probably be watching only in the beginning...

Hello all, I'd like to join in this Demogame, had minimal experience with the last one, joined at the beginning and took part in the exciting but fractured naming process, but then RL took over (uni . . . ) and couldn't take part other than the odd lurk here and there.

Working now and lucky enough to be able to visit and participate most if not all days.

One question though is this, or is there going to be, a sign up/user list thread like the last Demogame? Or is this it and I have now signed up?

Cheers in advance.

Can someone link me to a thread where i can read the concepts of a demogame
We are still amking the rules but if you look in the rules and regulation forum you should find what you are looking for.

also where i can sign up for demogame III?

Or is this it and I have now signed up?

Currently there is no user group so posting and voting make you part of the demogame! :)

Thanks for answering my questions. I stumbled accross the rules subforum shortly after making my post, and felt stupid.

Basically, the ruling faction decides pretty much everything. Only basic rules like term length, reporting events in-game, etc. are set in stone.

That sounds pretty unfun for members of other factions. What are they supposed to do to stay interested in the game? And won't everyone just flock to the faction that takes power? I would think playing the Civ game would be a lot more fun than not playing it.

Or am I missing the point, and do people around here love roleplaying and not care about Civ THAT much?

I would think playing the Civ game would be a lot more fun than not playing it.

Or am I missing the point, and do people around here love roleplaying and not care about Civ THAT much?

Some people do, the faction in power still needs to have the will of the people to get what it wants done, and there are elections to determine the faction

I play Civ all the time! This is another avenue for expanding on that experience. Part of the challenge here would be keeping your faction in power as long as possible, so in a way this demogame is really a long string of many mini-games.

I play Civ all the time! This is another avenue for expanding on that experience. Part of the challenge here would be keeping your faction in power as long as possible, so in a way this demogame is really a long string of many mini-games.

Exactly, and there is a chance of a rebellion every two weeks or possibly even more frequently. Consequently the faction in power needs to keep the people happy or face life on the outs for a while.

Okay, as this is my first demogame (although I've come up with personal ideas for one), I see that this is all a bit overwhelming at first, but I have the jist of it, or so I hope.

Am I correct in my assumption that as of now, no game has started, and we're working out the initial settings?

I'm assuming that whoever is considered the initial leader selects the Civ name and leader, and all that, but who controls the movement of the units and the founding of the cities?

The leader and we just role play around it?

Top Bottom