New; Mars Mod Units (04/02/05)

just noticed the spy unit! these are amazing, mirror! how is the mod coming?

Well, many of the units are done, the terrain is mostly done, as are some of the terrian buildings, there are some city improvement buildings and some possible static leaderheads. Still a lot of work to be done, and the biggest biut will be pulling all of it together in to a working mod, but it is on the road to success.

Smoking mirror said:
Well, many of the units are done, the terrain is mostly done, as are some of the terrian buildings, there are some city improvement buildings and some possible static leaderheads. Still a lot of work to be done, and the biggest biut will be pulling all of it together in to a working mod, but it is on the road to success.
wow! I didnt realize you had that much done.

DepartmentalCat said:
Very impressive. That's a lot of good work! Kepp it up. When can we expect this mod?
are there any more units to be expected or is this it?

There are some more expected, Including a futuristic great leader and Army unit. I'm going to make them fairly generic so they will be useable for a number of different scenarios.

Smoking mirror said:
There are some more expected, Including a futuristic great leader and Army unit. I'm going to make them fairly generic so they will be useable for a number of different scenarios.
great!

ten characters

New unit posted, a futuristic elite soldier...

Work progresses on the Army unit. Getting the pallette right is not so easy.

Attachments

• leaderarmy.gif
    leaderarmy.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 328
Smoking mirror said:
New unit posted, a futuristic elite soldier...

Work progresses on the Army unit. Getting the pallette right is not so easy.
I can help with your army palette. I have three tutorials for converting normal unit palettes to army palettes: one from Kinboat (the easiest and shortest tutorial), one from Neomega (the kind-of-confusing second shortest tutorial), and one from Vuldacon (the best and most comprehensive tutorial).

Lemme know (preferably via PM) if you want to see these tutorials. Also, I can probably answer your questions knowledgably. If not I can always refer you to one of the tutorials or their authors.

Hope I can help! :D

BTW, your Rocket Mortar Support is no longer new....

Dont know if you care but I thought I'd mention it.

Still working. Lots of units near to completion, just taking some time to do the last few animations.
On a possative note I've found a way around the Antialias problem that was stopping me from using the glow post-pro. So the later units that have heavy special effect weapons will be more effectivly portayed.

Here is one more unit I'm thinking of including as either a UU or a great wonder spawned unit, it's based on the elite soldier but is armed with an experimental energy weapon;

I'm still not sure what to do about UU's at this point. They require a great deal of extra production and ideas but I guess If I just use an existing unit with a different scin and a slightly different model or animation to create somthing similar but different that may be OK. Anyone got any ideas for UU's?

Heres a list for the first scenario;
Russia- Junk Crossbow (a replacement for the riot guard or paramilitary armed with a crossbow & equipement made from junk and recycled materials. early unit will require no resources and have a lower cost to represent the russians great inventivness and resourcefullness).
China- Work vehicle (a mass produced worker vehicle, again cheaper than the normal version but with a higher worker rate).
Europe- Neopanzer (An armoured vehicle as an alternative to the leviathan, smaller and faster than the leviathan but with good armour and guns).
America- Jetpack trooper (a high tech replacement for the paramilitary trooper).
India- Guerilla (a low tech but effective alternative to the Stealth Spy late in the scenario they use local survivalist knowlege and cheap tech to raid the enemy. Weaker that the stealth spy, about the same as the commando, but with both hidden nationality and stealth attack).

Any alternatives?

Hi Smoking Mirror

I'm enjoying the development process for your mod ...

Have you considered a small wonder (or more) that could represent multi national corporations which have been lured by the governments to set up a R&D department/base/lab in return these corporations would 'spawn' units, economic benefits, research bonus, etc in the cities that they are based ...

eg
Yamaha or Mitzobishi would spawn some early mech unit
Hilton would spawn some economic/tourism advantage due to having exclusive Mars hotel resort

Upto you to run with this idea if you want ... you could get really bent with these government/corporation mergers ... the golden arches on mars vs KFC, Pepsi vs Coke

Just musing

Heres some ideas(SMOKE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE)

India: Ashura Tank: Small, powerful tank armed with experimental energy weapons can convert into a Gun-Turret/Anti-Aircraft Gun, in which it stands upward.

China: N-35 Nightengale Fighter: State of the art Fighter craft designed to operate in the thin atmosphere of Mars. Operates in squadrons and acts as standard security component in Chinese Martian Controled areas. Armed with experimental solar-powered energy weapons, as well as traditional Machine-Guns and missiles.

Only Five Civilizations? You should have atleast Eight, preferably sixteen or more.

So, here are 16 Civilizations with UUs...

America- Jetpack trooper - I'd have it replace the elite soldier or something. And Paradrop.
Argentina- Gendarmeria -Similar to the Paramilitary trooper, since the Gendarmeria is a paramilitary force.
Brazil- Guerilla -a low tech but effective alternative to the Stealth Spy late in the scenario they use local survivalist knowlege and cheap tech to raid the enemy. Weaker that the stealth spy, about the same as the commando, but with both hidden nationality and stealth attack, as your idea for the indian Gureilla. You could probably get a better name from Civ Army.
China- Dragon Fire Rockets - A Replacement for the missle trooper that has a calliopie of small rockets and fires them in rapid succession.
France- Peacekeeper - A Replacement for the Riot gaurd with one of thoes big clear Riot police shields and a defensive bonus.
Germany- Neopanzer -An armoured vehicle as an alternative to the leviathan, smaller and faster than the leviathan but with good armour and guns. You know, your Original European UU. I can see why you made Europe as one civ, but to have more nations we should split 'er up.
Great Britan - Gyrospecter - A Helicopter kind of Unit It would have the same A.D.M. scores as the basic version but would have both invisibility and stealth attack. Helicopter units should be land units with the treat all terrain as roads flag.
India- Ashura Tank- Small, powerful tank armed with experimental weapons can convert into a Gun-Turret/Anti-Aircraft Gun, in which it stands upward, as Swoggy said. He had it have energy weapons, but I don't thinks so... sicne this would be more of a mid game unit.
Indonesia - Tentara - A Simple relacement for the Paramilitary with better weapons and training. The Tentara are Proffesional soilders.
Israel- Meir Cannon - A Large Self propelled Artillery piece that shoots a Special Cluster Munitions- High Bombard and Rate of Fire.
Japan - Amaratsu - A Techlogically advanced battle suit in the shape of a brillaint glden female. Would have some sort of (energy?) sword and a Gattling Cannon. Maybe an Elite Soilder replacement. Named after the Shinto Sun Goddess.
Korea - Myeongseong - Hopefully by the time man settles on Mars Korea will have been united. Taking the military technology of the North and the reasearch, technology, and Commerical Savvy from the South, the Koreans have put together the Myeongseong Tank, a levithan replacement. This would have a heavy energy cannon and maybe smaller gatling type weapons as well. Named after the last Ruler of Imperial Korea, Empress Myeongseong of Joseon, who was Assasinated by the Japanese in 1895.
Pakistan - Karachi Howitzer - An All terrain truck with a powerfull field howitzer on the back. This would be avilaible before other nations had fast moving artillery.
Russia- Junk Crossbow - As You said. But I would have it enslave to more Junk Crossbows. If it defeats an enemy in battle, theres all the scraps to make more weapons....
Saudi Arabia- Prospector - A Replacement or upgrade to the standard Work Vehicle. More expensive, but better at the woking thing, and has armaments to defend itself! Not great weapons, a small machine gun or two, but it won't get captured.
South Africa- Gazelle - A Scout Car replacement designed to better handle the flat but rough open terrain of mars. An extra move point.

@ Goldflash
Like the list ... I would rename the French UU to Legionaire as a reference to French Foreign Legion ... so maybe Offworld Legion

Goldflash said:
Only Five Civilizations? You should have atleast Eight, preferably sixteen or more.

So, here are 16 Civilizations with UUs...

America- Jetpack trooper - I'd have it replace the elite soldier or something. And Paradrop.
Argentina- Gendarmeria -Similar to the Paramilitary trooper, since the Gendarmeria is a paramilitary force.
Brazil- Guerilla -a low tech but effective alternative to the Stealth Spy late in the scenario they use local survivalist knowlege and cheap tech to raid the enemy. Weaker that the stealth spy, about the same as the commando, but with both hidden nationality and stealth attack, as your idea for the indian Gureilla. You could probably get a better name from Civ Army.
China- Dragon Fire Rockets - A Replacement for the missle trooper that has a calliopie of small rockets and fires them in rapid succession.
France- Peacekeeper - A Replacement for the Riot gaurd with one of thoes big clear Riot police shields and a defensive bonus.
Germany- Neopanzer -An armoured vehicle as an alternative to the leviathan, smaller and faster than the leviathan but with good armour and guns. You know, your Original European UU. I can see why you made Europe as one civ, but to have more nations we should split 'er up.
Great Britan - Gyrospecter - A Helicopter kind of Unit It would have the same A.D.M. scores as the basic version but would have both invisibility and stealth attack. Helicopter units should be land units with the treat all terrain as roads flag.
India- Ashura Tank- Small, powerful tank armed with experimental weapons can convert into a Gun-Turret/Anti-Aircraft Gun, in which it stands upward, as Swoggy said. He had it have energy weapons, but I don't thinks so... sicne this would be more of a mid game unit.
Indonesia - Tentara - A Simple relacement for the Paramilitary with better weapons and training. The Tentara are Proffesional soilders.
Israel- Meir Cannon - A Large Self propelled Artillery piece that shoots a Special Cluster Munitions- High Bombard and Rate of Fire.
Japan - Amaratsu - A Techlogically advanced battle suit in the shape of a brillaint glden female. Would have some sort of (energy?) sword and a Gattling Cannon. Maybe an Elite Soilder replacement. Named after the Shinto Sun Goddess.
Korea - Myeongseong - Hopefully by the time man settles on Mars Korea will have been united. Taking the military technology of the North and the reasearch, technology, and Commerical Savvy from the South, the Koreans have put together the Myeongseong Tank, a levithan replacement. This would have a heavy energy cannon and maybe smaller gatling type weapons as well. Named after the last Ruler of Imperial Korea, Empress Myeongseong of Joseon, who was Assasinated by the Japanese in 1895.
Pakistan - Karachi Howitzer - An All terrain truck with a powerfull field howitzer on the back. This would be avilaible before other nations had fast moving artillery.
Russia- Junk Crossbow - As You said. But I would have it enslave to more Junk Crossbows. If it defeats an enemy in battle, theres all the scraps to make more weapons....
Saudi Arabia- Prospector - A Replacement or upgrade to the standard Work Vehicle. More expensive, but better at the woking thing, and has armaments to defend itself! Not great weapons, a small machine gun or two, but it won't get captured.
South Africa- Gazelle - A Scout Car replacement designed to better handle the flat but rough open terrain of mars. An extra move point.

Good ideas Gold... :goodjob: good idea to have only early to mid era UUs, since most people don't play to the last age..(and I rarely get there either.. :mad: darn Firaxis..)

Top Bottom