New Official Arriving / leaving / introduction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come back soon.

CivGeneral said:
I am back after an unadnounced leave of absence to take some time for myself after my grandfather has passed away :(.

I'm sad to hear that.

Mine passed away just over two weeks ago too.

@FL2

So long, man. I really hope you will change your mind. Will this place remain to the devils and infidels? ;)

I'm new to the forum, but not new to Civilization. Especially CivIII has been played by me very often, but I've been into the series since Civ2. I can't wait until CivIV comes out over here, next week, so I decided to register here. I hope I can soon join you guys in playing the game... until then I'll just read whatever you guys have to say about it. :)

Ahoy there!

Glad to see another new member :).

Don't mind the current slowdown/lack of avatars, it should all clear up hopefulyl when lots of us are busy playing Civ :goodjob:.

Pity I don't play Civ much anymore, too busy posting/lurking here :p.

Rambuchan said:
[party] Welcome. :beer: Some of us don't even play the game anymore!
By the looks of it it won't fit in a window somewhere with the forums, chat, work and random noize of the taskbar (like civ2 did). The shame!

Birdjaguar said:
Books are sitting, now unread,
Loving words to wife: unsaid,
No replies to your OT thread,
Of free time there is no more,
Blame it all on civ 4.

Did anyone else notice that Curt was listed as a playtester on the game?

I saw him in the Civ4 forums and in the what are you listening to 2 thread a few days ago.

*edit*

logical_psycho said:
I'm new to the forum, but not new to Civilization. Especially CivIII has been played by me very often, but I've been into the series since Civ2. I can't wait until CivIV comes out over here, next week, so I decided to register here. I hope I can soon join you guys in playing the game... until then I'll just read whatever you guys have to say about it. :)

Excellent... another :borg: for the masses of OT :evil:

:wavey: Welcome, Logical Psycho, and don't forget to come visit us in Off-topic often...

Right, I'm sure some of you fine, strappingly handsome guys (and you minority of females) noticed that my spam....er....posting has become less.
My computer has contracted all sorts of nasty virii, and is dying, and so I must scrounge computer time fromn my family on the other PCs, and I cannot afford a new PC.
So you now know why I can't act like a dumbass more.

Man, you should post in computer Talk!

We could probably help you out there (If I tried to help you hear I would be promptly executed by the stingy brilliant mods ;)).

nonconformist said:
Right, I'm sure some of you fine, strappingly handsome guys (and you minority of females) noticed that my spam....er....posting has become less.
My computer has contracted all sorts of nasty virii, and is dying, and so I must scrounge computer time fromn my family on the other PCs, and I cannot afford a new PC.
So you now know why I can't act like a dumbass more.

...because your computer is acting like a dumbass instead? *ducks*

Why don't you just wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS?

IglooDude said:
...because your computer is acting like a dumbass instead? *ducks*

Why don't you just wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS?

If you weren't a gun-nut, I'd be over there in a flash, sporting a very large pumpkin, a patir of latex gloves, and a bottle of olive oil :p

In all seriousness, I have a lot of stuff on there, so I want to see if I can possibly salvage my PC, before going the whole nine yards (about 800 tracks of music, including some bootlegs I downloaded, which you can't buy, some coursework, games, etc. )

nonconformist said:
If you weren't a gun-nut, I'd be over there in a flash, sporting a very large pumpkin, a patir of latex gloves, and a bottle of olive oil :p

In all seriousness, I have a lot of stuff on there, so I want to see if I can possibly salvage my PC, before going the whole nine yards (about 800 tracks of music, including some bootlegs I downloaded, which you can't buy, some coursework, games, etc. )

Okay, I get the gloves and the olive oil but the pumpkin? Wait, nevermind. :cringe:

Anyway, I've PMed you about assisting with the rest.

Hi!

Um okay I just got Civ IV and I'm really excited to play it, I've played Civ 2 and 3 extensively. I saw this forum and was amazed. You guys have real debate in here, debate about god, religion, science, interesting news. I'm really happy to be here.

So um, get to know me?

Hi!

Um okay I just got Civ IV and I'm really excited to play it, I've played Civ 2 and 3 extensively. I saw this forum and was amazed. You guys have real debate in here, debate about god, religion, science, interesting news. I'm really happy to be here.

So um, get to know me?

Where do you hail from?

doubledanger said:
Hi!

So um, get to know me?

:wavey: Hello.

Dont ever think that your'e not good enough (or too good for that matter :mischief: ) to post in OT. most of us don't play cIV very much anymore, but with the release of CIV4, well, lets just say I get very lonely here sometimes.

*kicks E/B for not having CIV4 yet* Got it pre-ordered for thursday :thumbsup:

Woah, all those smilies i wrote by hand. :crazyeye:

Cant we tag one of these threads finally to stop the mass influx of newbs from spamming out with threads.

Colonel said:
Cant we tag one of these threads finally to stop the mass influx of newbs from spamming out with threads.
Seems like a good idea. You could pm TF or one of the late night guys like Ainwood or DK if you think they would be pursuaded. Real civ forums have 4, 5, 6 or more stickied
threads, OT is looked upon differently so we have a lot fewer. Maybe it's punishment for being a lot of trouble. Or maybe they understand that those who post here are capable of finding "lost" threads without difficulty, unlike other forums. :mischief:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom