New Unit: Balkan Freedom Fighter(12/23/2006)

Sword, I know what you mean... Right now, Civ III has become too much like work for me (i.e. too much drudgery, hardly any appreciation, and too much time and effort involved for the end result), so I've been happily spending my vacation time playing Age of Empires III.

Maybe when the Hollidays are over and I'm feeling better and not so stressed out, I'll get back to making stuff for Civ III, but not right now.

This is much better than the original version. I really like the smoke effects, and I think the double pistols look better than the original gun. I do agree that he needs to move more in the attack animation: the utahjazz7 unit that Partizanac posted shows how a pistol-wielding figure should really move, whereas yours just moves his arms and nothing else. You see how his whole upper body moves as he fires. I think that, as a general rule, the animation of units like these should be quite exaggerated - they are so small at civ-scale that they need to move in an almost cartoony way to be properly visible. A figure who stands stock still whilst firing looks quite odd.

Other than that, good work!

Alrighty, I'll keep Hajduk on my list then.

I know you've noticed, but I myself have just come back from a 2+ month stall at the unit factory, which'll probably stall right up again once I finish the holidays. We can work like robots for a little while :borg:, but then we realize we're people. Unless of course you've got caffeine being pumped into you intraveneously...:coffee:

Top Bottom