new unit: Parachutiste & Peacekeeper

Originally posted by dog

That would be quite a bit more difficult. :cry: You couldn't do it by editing the palette, you have to go in and do a color swap with PSP. If it's something you really, really want (you), then it wouldn't be all that much work (for you ;) ). If it's something you don't really have a need for (me), it would ge a gigantic task. :lol:

:lol: Fair enough.

LOVE these units:D

But I can't get them to work in game.Someone pleeeeease help:confused:

I keep getting 'error can't find sound file'.

Do the sound files that come with the zip need to be renamed?

Could someone please tell me how to get these units ready for use in game I can't wait to try them.

I'm thinking of using the Parachutiste as a Paramilitary unit.

Thanks for any help!:)

Originally posted by Nemesis Rex
Here is a version of the Parachutiste with a Civcolor Beret.
Downloaded, tested and enormously appreciated!!! Sir, I'm so ridiculously grateful to you for this colour conversion that I'm quite lost for words!
:viking:

Originally posted by Bonaparte
LOVE these units:D

But I can't get them to work in game.Someone pleeeeease help:confused:

I keep getting 'error can't find sound file'.

Do the sound files that come with the zip need to be renamed?

Could someone please tell me how to get these units ready for use in game I can't wait to try them.

I'm thinking of using the Parachutiste as a Paramilitary unit.

Thanks for any help!:)

Yes, you need to rename all sound files (beside the run sounds).
Since both units, parachutiste and peacekeeper, share the sounds I decided to add this "[InsertName]" where the name of the unit should be you want to have in the game ("Parachutiste" or "Peacekeeper").
The attack sounds also need some further editing. You will need to delete everything after "[InsertName]AttackA" of the attack sound you want to use.
However, you can also do it the other way round and go into the Parachutiste or Peacekeeper.ini and change the file names of the sounds there. (civ3 will look for those files that are stated in the .ini files)

By the way thanks for the civ color version, Nemesis Rex!

Thanks for the instructions Balou :) they look even better in game than I imagined.

Your units are in a league of their own. :goodjob:

These units are great work,especially the sounds but how can you make the peacekeeper a real peacekeeper?

Balou,

Could you give the Peacekeeper a Paradrop animation? Then they could really be used as Delta Force.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Nder
Balou,

Could you give the Peacekeeper a Paradrop animation? Then they could really be used as Delta Force.

Thanks,

Sorry (again), the peacekeeper was right from the beginning only meant to be used as a peacekeeper and therefore it doesn´t need a drop animation. It´s more an addition to the parachutiste, not a whole new unit.
The thing is, if I accept every request I get I will probably still be doing civ3 units in a year (which is not what I want). There must be a point where I definitely stop with it, and that will be after the forest spetsnaz.

ok, I respect that.

Could somebody cut-n-paste the peace-keepers head on to the parachutists paradrop animation?

A really beautiful unit! :thumbsup: I wanted to use the peacekeeper as a modern era infantry animation, but with a black helmet it is even better for that role. The Modern Infantry is, of course :), modern infantry (for which I require aluminum instead of rubber), and the Parachutiste and Spetsnaz are French and Russian UU's. By the way, any ETA on the Forest Spetsnaz?

btw this peacekeeper unit can be produced by UN great wonder every xx turns ;)

That's what i did for my scenario...

I do belive it's time for a little notice in the directory about bumping threads :rolleyes: Please don't bump old threads.

Originally posted by MarineCorps
I do belive it's time for a little notice in the directory about bumping threads :rolleyes: Please don't bump old threads.
He had a valueable comment for this unit. Who cares if it's bumped? He did nothing against forum rules.

That's a very good idea Sike.. in fact I am going to do that. Every 4 or 5 turns you get a Peacekeeper with the UN wonder, and this Peacekeeper will be more defense rather than attack than my added Modern Infantry.

I am also thinking about adding the wonder Foreign Legion (based on the French Foreign Legion) and making it produce the Parachutiste every 4 or 5 turns.

Top Bottom