• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Unit: Teutonic Knight

Looks great :) I would also say that the cloth looks a little static but I know how hard it is to animate cloth so I don't think it really hurts the quality...

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/New_Knights.zip

Here is a default.flc for the English knight (uhm when viewing using flicster, turn to colour "1" (Bright Red). Made it as an inspiration for Bernd and all creators out there

I am a huge fan of your Cross & Crescent Scenarios (Civ2) and am hoping (wishful thinking, rather) that the great BeBro might just take that direction and be working on further units such as this one (perhaps for a Cross & Crescent 3 for Civ3???)

Preview:
English Knight (in Red Civ Colour)
German Imperial Knight (Emblems in Civ Colour)
Bernd's Teutonic Crusader
French Knight (in Blue Civ Colour)

Originally posted by mrtn
W.i.n.t.e.r, that looks very good :thumbsup: but Berndt have some sort of last word. ;) Hope you two can get something together. :D :goodjob:

Hummm, certainly- I doubt I'll be able to do this all by myself- that's why I want to find out if Bernd has any plans into that direction (and if he'd allow conversions) :D

Those look GREAT. Only thing is:

- Civilopedia icons?
- What would you call the English knight? "Knight"?
- What civilization would use the standard knight?

Amazing :goodjob:

Originally posted by aaminion00

Maybe a Cavalier?

Clearly you've forgotten your "Monty Python & The Holy Grail" -- an English knight is called a "kaniggit" :D

-Oz

and I don't know if I want to make the English red.. that color belongs firmly to the Romans. Perhaps you could make the Enlish Knight without any civ-speciffic colors?

Why? :D ... Well, I never really fancied orange English Flintlock Infantry to begin with (although it goes better with the Original Civ "Infantry" unit than red- darn-). But, I never liked the Pink Palette Colour either- so I decided to change it to a light red tone and award the English with it once conquests is out. Adding new civs will require repeating colours for more than one civilization anyway, in Post-Conquests mods)... In my case that'd mean Rome (red), Russia (dark red) and England (light red) should "coexist" within the red side of life. ;)

The "normal" medieval knight may become a standard armored medieval cavalry, obtainable with horses (or even without any resources). The new "Feudal Knights" could hence be buildable with either a new technology, and thus as an upgrade to the "knight", or even come with the very same tech (chivalry) and require more resources to build... and only by the chosen Civilizations...

Why I didn't make the English Knight red?- actually I did, but then I realised that in BeBro's flc the palette didn't include Red colours at all- and since I am a lazy bum and didn't fancy changing the entire palette I made the fellow civ-coloured (blue). Of course adjustments may be taken if/once there is clarity on wether Bernd agrees on the modifications- and if there's a helpful hand.

Those look GREAT. Only thing is:

- Civilopedia icons?

A) What exactly is the question? :confused:
B) Chevallier ! :)
C) Answered in previous post ;)

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

A) What exactly is the question? :confused:
B) Chevallier ! :)
C) Answered in previous post ;)
I think he´s asking if you are making the icons too.

Top Bottom