• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Unit: UH1 Iroquois 03/07/2004

I thought everyone had heard of the proud SeaKing Tribe. Those long suffering natives of the sea, forced to sell their brethern into servitude to satisfy the colonial power's thirst for Sea Monkeys. And I think my first Sea Monkey Slave was a member of the Sea Stallions... At least that's what he told me. Not sure about the other one.

:D A long way for little joke huh...

gorn buddy, you need an update. Here is the list of vietnam movies going from good to bad though the top 3 are about equal:

1) We were soldiers (although it has fiction ending to it :mad: )
2) Hamburger Hill
3) Platoon
4) Full metal jacket (the bootcamp and sniper parts are good)
5) apocolypse now (we fastforwarded through the 2nd half of it cause fortunately my friend had seen it already and knew what to skip, only the beach attack and the cool general are worth watching. It's too bad they destroyed the 2nd half of it.)

Any other good vietnam movies? Its a sadly ignored by Hollywood piece of history I think.

What is with the TV serial "Tour of duty", i liked it. OK, you cannot compare it to movies like Platoon.

But don´t forget Rambo First Blood Part II ;)

Thank you very much, unscratchedfoot :)

BeBro
just amazing,, finally we got a quality Huey.

I saw somewhere a request for a Mig29 Fulcrum. I will join in that of course, and also hope that somewhere you can produce some early british jetfighters.
Thinking about the very original (not many other can be subs for these)
Venom
Vampire
Sea Hawk
Gloster Javelin
Lightning
Bucaneers

if just one would be available the British can find an upgrade chain in the jet-age. Only the F4 Phantom could be found before it's Harrier, Jaguar and Tornado time.

Counting on you BeBro
Cemo

Bebro i wiss you 'd work for FIRAXIS! :)
Your units are real pieaces of art,and specialy the chopers (My favorits).
Imagination & talent.Bravo.

kokoras said:
Bebro i wiss you 'd work for FIRAXIS! :)

I wished that too :mischief: ;)

cemo1956, I can't promise you to make all those jets, but some of them may be possible, although not that soon, since I'm quite busy vurrently....;)

BeBro,
it would be great with just 1 or 2
Buccaneer
and one of the very like ones Venom, Vampire....

You make any one and I lift my hat and scream of joy.

Cemo

cemo1956 said:
BeBro,
it would be great with just 1 or 2
Buccaneer
and one of the very like ones Venom, Vampire....

You make any one and I lift my hat and scream of joy.

Cemo

And I'll be joining in howling and hooting if a BeBro quality Royal Navy Buccaneer would make a hooked landing here :D But I'm sure the wishlist is already way too long when a day only has 24 hours...

Just as a note about the "Huey" - its nickname did come from its designation, which was originally HU-1 (Helicopter, Utility). Hence, Huey. Later on though, the DOD was mucking with names and reversed it to UH-1. But, of course, by then the name had stuck and everone called it a Huey. The name was actually so popular that the attack version of the copter (AH-1) was officially named the "Huey Cobra". :)

By the way, Riptide is right. Ever since 1969 the US Army has had a "general policy" of naming helicopters after native american tribes, leaders, and terms. Hence: Iroquois, Chinook, Apache, Sioux, Blackhawk, Longbow, Chickasaw, Mojave, Choctaw, Comanche... the list is a huge one. That said, not ALL helicopters are named after native american history. Base models, from what I know, pretty much always recieve a native name. However there are TONS of variants and special equipment versions of aircraft with non-native names. The UH-60 Blackhawk is a perfect example: Velcro Hawk, Firehawk (firefighter), Nighthawk, Jayhawk (Coast guard), Deserthawk, are some of its nicknamed variants.

As for Sea Kings, Sea Stallions, Sea Knights, those would be US Navy choppers and designations. I'm not sure if its policy or not, but the Navy have a tendancy to use medieval, mythological, and animal names: Knight, King, Stallion, Dragon, Sprite, Hawk, Ranger, Wolf, etc. With a "Sea" prefix. So the Navy's "Seahawk" is the basically the same ship as the army's Blackhawk. Again, the Navy has special names for its variants, like the "Warhawk" which is a special Seahawk that the SEALs use.

As for the USAF... I've got no idea how they name their choppers. Their blackhawk is called a "Pave Hawk". WTF?! :crazyeye: :lol:

Just wanted to clear some things up there :)

Steph said:
There are already at least 3 bucanneer versions around

I surely can't find any of those.
Neither here or at CDgroup.

Are you sure Steph ??

If so please direct me and others to this famous British Naval bomber.

Cemo

Top Bottom