New Version - December 18th (12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the change, if you don't mind me asking? Those tooltips telling you exactly why you were winning/losing a war were rather nice.

The tool tips are still accurate to the AI's views and the overall nature of the war, but the warscore value was redefined to make it function more fluidly. The 'bug' is that cities were too valuable in the warscore calculation in my original model, but I reduced them for the release (an element not included in ilteroi's hot fix). It'll be fixed in a later release.

G

The tool tips are still accurate to the AI's views and the overall nature of the war, but the warscore value was redefined to make it function more fluidly. The 'bug' is that cities were too valuable in the warscore calculation in my original model, but I reduced them for the release (an element not included in ilteroi's hot fix). It'll be fixed in a later release.

G

Cool.

Posted this in BUGS but repeat it here as it is clearly related to latest version:

V12.18: City Banner bug:

Every turn, the first time you mouse over a city banner (or maybe even any other map object, not sure), there is a noticeable delay with the tooltip... not game breaking, but extremely annoying. Pretty sure it's EUI related.

EDIT: narrowed it down to when the mouse hovers over the religion icon, or when over the banner and the religion tooltip is called. The delay is around 1 second, which for every turn is a little annoying. Please fix whenever possible.

Posted this in BUGS but repeat it here as it is clearly related to latest version:

Every turn, the first time you mouse over a city banner (or maybe even any other map object, not sure), there is a noticeable delay with the tooltip... not game breaking, but extremely annoying. Pretty sure it's EUI related.

EDIT: narrowed it down to when the mouse hovers over the religion icon, or when over the banner and the religion tooltip is called. The delay is around 1 second, which for every turn is a little annoying. Please fix whenever possible.

EUI banner code is expensive, and continues to get more and more expensive as bc1 changes it. Not my problem.

G

I've noticed that for the last few versions. No idea, but it seems like an EUI bug.

What's that improvement that can't be clicked? Is it some mechanic that isn't implemented yet? I have no benefits on standing on yields.

http://scr.hu/91kj/ap48g

Is an EUI thing. Shows you what improvement is being built (or was almost built and abandoned).

G

EUI banner code is expensive, and continues to get more and more expensive as bc1 changes it. Not my problem.

G

With all due respect, it IS our problem. I still think we should have stayed away from the latest versions of EUI. I am not trying to pressure you or anything, but come on, that answer was not very nice.

Will look into the LUA for that function and see if there is an easy way out.

With all due respect, it IS our problem. I still think we should have stayed away from the latest versions of EUI. I am not trying to pressure you or anything, but come on, that answer was not very nice.

Statement was intended to relay that the slowdown is not related to something I've done.

Updating EUI to the latest version angers some, but not updating angers others. It's a lose-lose situation for me.

G

Not trying to be a dick here, but you kinda sound like a dick here :D.

On topic, I don't freeze or slow down or anything when I mouseover anything in the latest versions.

It's more noticeable in longer games with very high numbers of civs. But I tend to agree it shouldn't be a priority for G to fix.

What's that improvement that can't be clicked? Is it some mechanic that isn't implemented yet? I have no benefits on standing on yields.

http://scr.hu/91kj/ap48g

The confused me at first too. In addition to what Pope G said about showing partially finished improvements, it also seems to show completed improvements on a tile (as is the case in your SS).

On topic, I don't freeze or slow down or anything when I mouseover anything in the latest versions.

I don't either. But I have a 6 core i7 and GTX 980 TI.

Statement was intended to relay that the slowdown is not related to something I've done.

Updating EUI to the latest version angers some, but not updating angers others. It's a lose-lose situation for me.

G

G,
Have you thought about in the future just totally customizing the EUI exclusively for the CPP that way you are in control of the code? Seems like this is a sore subject, and it also seems that many of the bugreports related to this project are EUI related. I'd be more than willing to help you out with it.

G,
Have you thought about in the future just totally customizing the EUI exclusively for the CPP that way you are in control of the code? Seems like this is a sore subject, and it also seems that many of the bugreports related to this project are EUI related. I'd be more than willing to help you out with it.

I've already added or modified quite a bit. Most users want the same EUI experience as 'full EUI,' but bc1 is making it harder and harder to achieve that. I'm not planning on updating EUI any further. Recent EUI updates have been a consequence of waiting for bc1 to correct bugs in the code that were well known. Most are absent now.

G

I've already added or modified quite a bit. Most users want the same EUI experience as 'full EUI,' but bc1 is making it harder and harder to achieve that. I'm not planning on updating EUI any further. Recent EUI updates have been a consequence of waiting for bc1 to correct bugs in the code that were well known. Most are absent now.

G

Well I was thinking of keeping the same experience of the EUI for the CBP, but perhaps having a little more control over it and keeping it static. It seems to me anyway like the updates via bc_1 and the problems are lot of wasted energy and rabbit trails.

We know you don't even try... :D

It's more noticeable in longer games with very high numbers of civs. But I tend to agree it shouldn't be a priority for G to fix.

Yes, that was my observation also... in the beginning of the game, I did not even notice it... the more cities in the map, the more noticeable. There has to be some redundant looping that bc1 introduced in the religion tooltip code somewhere...

I don't either. But I have a 6 core i7 and GTX 980 TI.

Machine has nothing to do with it: I7 4690 here, 16 Gb DDR3, GTX 760. Not a weakling...

Well I was thinking of keeping the same experience of the EUI for the CBP, but perhaps having a little more control over it and keeping it static. It seems to me anyway like the updates via bc_1 and the problems are lot of wasted energy and rabbit trails.

Yes, that was exactly my proposal in the beginning, but G disregarded it because he invested too much in bringing EUI up to date... but as I see it, he will continue to invest more and more, and the worst part is that it is for basically useless "improvements" that bc1 is introducing now...

I will try and create an EUI with the last perfect version (the one that came with 11.20, IIRC).

Minibug with Religion Icon tooltip minifreeze solved. It was a one-liner stupid change (bc1, not G) in the latest version in the LUA file.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom