New Version - December 18th (12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only using the 12/18 Community Patch, and EUI (I deleted the two YieldManager files from the LUA directory of CP).

I think it has problems recognizing the shortest path to take with roads?

http://imgur.com/DVEpHA2

If the unit followed the roads this would be 2 moves from Stockholm to Sigtuna.

Started 2 games with the newly updated versions and came across two things that I am certain are because of this mod. 1) despite meeting a number of Faith giving CS early, I do not get any Faith accumulation or a pantheon, even though none have been founded yet. 2) my work boats suddenly are able to perform the one function they need to. So I was unable to improve Whales or Fish.
Anyone else have these troubles?

If the unit followed the roads this would be 2 moves from Stockholm to Sigtuna.

I had a different issue with roads in 12-16. The unit would say it was going to take the roads (eta 1 turn) but then switch to an off-road path that took 2 turns.

Started 2 games with the newly updated versions and came across two things that I am certain are because of this mod. 1) despite meeting a number of Faith giving CS early, I do not get any Faith accumulation or a pantheon, even though none have been founded yet. 2) my work boats suddenly are able to perform the one function they need to. So I was unable to improve Whales or Fish.
Anyone else have these troubles?

1) City states' gifts are random - the amount of faith a religious CS will gift you (if any, actually) depends on whether you were the first one to find them, the type of CS (e.g., friendly will gift more, hostile can gift nothing), etc. It's a part of Whoward's 'City-state gifts' mod. Also, CBP has a fixed amount of faith needed for a pantheon (30 on standard speed, I believe), which means that you will need to meet quite a few of religious CS to accumulate that much faith.

2) Sorry, not sure I understand. Are you saying your boats can't create a fishing boat improvement? This was an issue in one of the previous versions, are you playing on the latest one (12/18)?

1) City states' gifts are random - the amount of faith a religious CS will gift you (if any, actually) depends on whether you were the first one to find them, the type of CS (e.g., friendly will gift more, hostile can gift nothing), etc. It's a part of Whoward's 'City-state gifts' mod. Also, CBP has a fixed amount of faith needed for a pantheon (30 on standard speed, I believe), which means that you will need to meet quite a few of religious CS to accumulate that much faith.

2) Sorry, not sure I understand. Are you saying your boats can't create a fishing boat improvement? This was an issue in one of the previous versions, are you playing on the latest one (12/18)?

The increased level of requirement for a pantheon....that is what I did not know. Mystery solved there.

as for the work boats, that is correct. The button instructing it to improve the resource is missing. I was using only the brand new version.

as for the work boats, that is correct. The button instructing it to improve the resource is missing. I was using only the brand new version.

That's weird. You cleared cache after installing it, right? Can you not create improvements on specific resource tiles (e.g., fish and whales only) or on any tiles? Also, post your modlist please (if playing with additional mods besides CPP).

Noticed a few quirks with city states in this last version. First, they seem better at building up an army, which is great, but they end up in weird situations where they build a few units that can never heal. Specifically, these are swordsmen and horsemen etc. I'm guessing that they give all their SRs to allies so their units are unable to heal. The CS is stuck with a 5 hp horseman for dozens of turns

Also, saw a CS sending out missionaries. Not sure if bug or feature but I thought it was interesting!

Also, saw a CS sending out missionaries. Not sure if bug or feature but I thought it was interesting!

There's a good chance they were captured by city states. I wonder what they did with them next, though.

Noticed a few quirks with city states in this last version. First, they seem better at building up an army, which is great, but they end up in weird situations where they build a few units that can never heal. Specifically, these are swordsmen and horsemen etc. I'm guessing that they give all their SRs to allies so their units are unable to heal. The CS is stuck with a 5 hp horseman for dozens of turns

Could be interesting if lack of resources only applied to CS for building the units, but not for healing them.

Guys, I think I must have messed up somehow, there aren't any resources on my map (Pangea, huge). I've had the last beta version installed, though I never got around to playing it. Tried a fresh install (deleting all the stuff on My Games folder), but same problem. Any ideas?

Guys, I think I must have messed up somehow, there aren't any resources on my map (Pangea, huge). I've had the last beta version installed, though I never got around to playing it. Tried a fresh install (deleting all the stuff on My Games folder), but same problem. Any ideas?

Does your civ version end with .279 (if I'm not mistaken)? If not, you'll need to update your base game.

I just wanted to ask - why is this thread's title 12/10 instead of 12/18?

Yes, it's .279. :/

Hm, do you have all DLCs (like additional civ DLCs and Wonders of the Ancient World)? Lacking these will cause problems. I guess it could also be a mod conflict - what's your modlist? Do you not see specific type of resources (e.g., luxuries) or absolutely no resources at all? CBP sets bonus resources (as in not luxuries) invisible by default and unlockable by techs, so it might be that. If not, I'd personally try to reinstall the mod/the game (I'm not an expert, though).

I have pretty much only the major DLCs, just waiting steam sales to buy additional Civs and Wonders DLC, so I can play this awesome stuff! It seem to works without them, but it crashes loading games, restarting maps, I am also missing city names above the city on map (well, that in particular doesn't happened with the other version)... But from what I've seem it makes me want to buy these DLCs I would never buy otherwise!

Okay I'll just go ahead and admit it, I have no idea what's going on with the new warscore.
I managed to get it up to +28 when I captured a 75% of a neighbors cities, pillaged all his tiles and dropped his final city down to 0 hp.
A few turns later I got attacked by my backwards neighbor and since I don't have any intention of grabbing more cities (already got enough warmonger penalty) I just stood on his border blasting all his cities and solders to oblivion until he was ready to accept peace.

Anyways the war-score is currently at 0 with the descriptions saying:
Military power: "They are weaker" and Economy:"They're in shambles

Love the new patch. The Inca mountain cities just feel so right.

One weird thing, a barbarian archer (on a hill) shot my scout over a mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom