New Version - December 18th (12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird. You cleared cache after installing it, right? Can you not create improvements on specific resource tiles (e.g., fish and whales only) or on any tiles? Also, post your modlist please (if playing with additional mods besides CPP).

I tried clearing my cache and now my game crashes at just before the leaderscreen and before it was as I tried to load mods. Really odd. So I am trying some process of elimination to see what is going on. I may just uninstall and start it over. But to answer your question on my modlist:

The COmmunity Patch
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 2)
JFD Cultural Diversity
JFD Exploration Cont. Exp.
JFD Anglo Saxons
JFD Carthage
JFD Normans
Zwei Germany 1848
EUI

Something odd seems to be going on with natural wonders. Specifically, I haven't seen any of the 'mountain' types despite starting multiple maps to look for them. I tried loading up In Game Editor to cheat some in, and on reload they were replaced with standard mountains.

Something odd seems to be going on with natural wonders. Specifically, I haven't seen any of the 'mountain' types despite starting multiple maps to look for them. I tried loading up In Game Editor to cheat some in, and on reload they were replaced with standard mountains.

Yeah I noticed that too. I got suspicious when my whole continent only had 1 natural wonder on it... and it was the Fountain of Youth (which I have seen only a few times ever)

I think they are replaced by regular mountains (could be ilterois "can't settle on them" code, since this was after the hotfix version), since I've seen a mountain with a Sri Pada graphic.

I tried clearing my cache and now my game crashes at just before the leaderscreen and before it was as I tried to load mods. Really odd. So I am trying some process of elimination to see what is going on. I may just uninstall and start it over. But to answer your question on my modlist:

The COmmunity Patch
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 2)
JFD Cultural Diversity
JFD Exploration Cont. Exp.
JFD Anglo Saxons
JFD Carthage
JFD Normans
Zwei Germany 1848
EUI

Try updating ExCE.

I'm noticing something weird, though it could just be a change I'm unaware of.

Spoiler :

I thought I was safe from this Pikeman because of the hill, but it's somehow able to move and attack me on the same turn. It doesn't seem to have any promotions that would allow it to ignore rough terrain, and I can't even think of any beyond Altitude Training anyways.

Spoiler :

Songhai units move faster when they are next to rivers

Bombad is correct, songhai units ignore terrain when moving into tiles with a river. And when crossing a river they lose even less movepoints (in general a normal unit can move 3 tiles when crossing a river)

Songhai units move faster when they are next to rivers

Bombad is correct, songhai units ignore terrain when moving into tiles with a river. And when crossing a river they lose even less movepoints (in general a normal unit can move 3 tiles when crossing a river)

Thanks guys...either that change is new since I last played or I completely forgot about it (likely, since I got so fixated on the hill/rough terrain aspect). I need to completely change my unit placement for this war!

However, it looks like you're playing without the Hotfix because that unit doesn't have Amphibious...not sure whether they'd still have their bonus movement next to rivers.

However, it looks like you're playing without the Hotfix because that unit doesn't have Amphibious...not sure whether they'd still have their bonus movement next to rivers.

Their river-bonus isn't promotion-based afaik (like the inca hill movement) their river-crossing however is from the amphibious promotion (like the iroquois forest bonus). Complex civilization :D

Okay I'll just go ahead and admit it, I have no idea what's going on with the new warscore.
I managed to get it up to +28 when I captured a 75% of a neighbors cities, pillaged all his tiles and dropped his final city down to 0 hp.
A few turns later I got attacked by my backwards neighbor and since I don't have any intention of grabbing more cities (already got enough warmonger penalty) I just stood on his border blasting all his cities and solders to oblivion until he was ready to accept peace.

Anyways the war-score is currently at 0 with the descriptions saying:
Military power: "They are weaker" and Economy:"They're in shambles

I'm having a similar issue. I'm in an early war with Aztecs. I have lost one scout. They have lost half their military power (78 to 39 score) and two cities. Warscore has not gotten out of single digits. Something weird going on.

Hm, do you have all DLCs (like additional civ DLCs and Wonders of the Ancient World)? Lacking these will cause problems. I guess it could also be a mod conflict - what's your modlist? Do you not see specific type of resources (e.g., luxuries) or absolutely no resources at all? CBP sets bonus resources (as in not luxuries) invisible by default and unlockable by techs, so it might be that. If not, I'd personally try to reinstall the mod/the game (I'm not an expert, though).

Yeah, I have the full game. Dunno, I think I'll try and reinstall it from scratch. :/

Okay I'll just go ahead and admit it, I have no idea what's going on with the new warscore.
I managed to get it up to +28 when I captured a 75% of a neighbors cities, pillaged all his tiles and dropped his final city down to 0 hp.
A few turns later I got attacked by my backwards neighbor and since I don't have any intention of grabbing more cities (already got enough warmonger penalty) I just stood on his border blasting all his cities and solders to oblivion until he was ready to accept peace.

Anyways the war-score is currently at 0 with the descriptions saying:
Military power: "They are weaker" and Economy:"They're in shambles

Anyone who can clear this up for me? I don't want to nag, but I really don't understand the system at all.

On github G was saying there's a version mix-up, since the new version shouldn't even be displaying economic power.

On github G was saying there's a version mix-up, since the new version shouldn't even be displaying economic power.

Okay, but the version is displaying something, and is clearly counting something, meaning the numbers have to come from somewhere.

Sorry, I didn't mean you had the wrong version.

I wonder if my war score change made it into ilteroi's dll. Ilteroi, the updatewardamage diplo function should not have the 'geteconomicvalue' function in it, as it added to much to value of stuff.

Okay, but the version is displaying something, and is clearly counting something, meaning the numbers have to come from somewhere.

The tooltips are there as advisory statements. They now have no direct bearing on warscore. Warscore is now a matter of damage done versus the value they have in units and cities. Ilteroi's hotfix may have an inflated value in it that causes warscore to increase very slowly.

G

The tooltips are there as advisory statements. They now have no direct bearing on warscore. Warscore is now a matter of damage done versus the value they have in units and cities. Ilteroi's hotfix may have an inflated value in it that causes warscore to increase very slowly.

Why the change, if you don't mind me asking? Those tooltips telling you exactly why you were winning/losing a war were rather nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom