1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - December 18th (12/10)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

Yeah, I've seen that several times as well

2. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

I tried clearing my cache and now my game crashes at just before the leaderscreen and before it was as I tried to load mods. Really odd. So I am trying some process of elimination to see what is going on. I may just uninstall and start it over. But to answer your question on my modlist:

The COmmunity Patch
    Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 2)
    JFD Cultural Diversity
    JFD Exploration Cont. Exp.
    JFD Anglo Saxons
    JFD Carthage
    JFD Normans
    Zwei Germany 1848
    EUI

3. PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat Videographer

Something odd seems to be going on with natural wonders. Specifically, I haven't seen any of the 'mountain' types despite starting multiple maps to look for them. I tried loading up In Game Editor to cheat some in, and on reload they were replaced with standard mountains.

4. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Chieftain

Yeah I noticed that too. I got suspicious when my whole continent only had 1 natural wonder on it... and it was the Fountain of Youth (which I have seen only a few times ever)

5. Necamijat

Necamijat Warlord

I think they are replaced by regular mountains (could be ilterois "can't settle on them" code, since this was after the hotfix version), since I've seen a mountain with a Sri Pada graphic.

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Try updating ExCE.

7. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

I'm noticing something weird, though it could just be a change I'm unaware of.

Spoiler :

I thought I was safe from this Pikeman because of the hill, but it's somehow able to move and attack me on the same turn. It doesn't seem to have any promotions that would allow it to ignore rough terrain, and I can't even think of any beyond Altitude Training anyways.

Spoiler :

8. Bombad

Bombad Chieftain

Songhai units move faster when they are next to rivers

9. Funak

Funak Deity

Bombad is correct, songhai units ignore terrain when moving into tiles with a river. And when crossing a river they lose even less movepoints (in general a normal unit can move 3 tiles when crossing a river)

10. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Thanks guys...either that change is new since I last played or I completely forgot about it (likely, since I got so fixated on the hill/rough terrain aspect). I need to completely change my unit placement for this war!

11. Kolaris

Kolaris Warlord

However, it looks like you're playing without the Hotfix because that unit doesn't have Amphibious...not sure whether they'd still have their bonus movement next to rivers.

12. Funak

Funak Deity

Their river-bonus isn't promotion-based afaik (like the inca hill movement) their river-crossing however is from the amphibious promotion (like the iroquois forest bonus). Complex civilization :D

13. PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat Videographer

I'm having a similar issue. I'm in an early war with Aztecs. I have lost one scout. They have lost half their military power (78 to 39 score) and two cities. Warscore has not gotten out of single digits. Something weird going on.

14. deo

deo Emperor

Yeah, I have the full game. Dunno, I think I'll try and reinstall it from scratch. :/

15. Funak

Funak Deity

Anyone who can clear this up for me? I don't want to nag, but I really don't understand the system at all.

16. Kolaris

Kolaris Warlord

On github G was saying there's a version mix-up, since the new version shouldn't even be displaying economic power.

17. Funak

Funak Deity

Okay, but the version is displaying something, and is clearly counting something, meaning the numbers have to come from somewhere.

18. Kolaris

Kolaris Warlord

Sorry, I didn't mean you had the wrong version.

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

The tooltips are there as advisory statements. They now have no direct bearing on warscore. Warscore is now a matter of damage done versus the value they have in units and cities. Ilteroi's hotfix may have an inflated value in it that causes warscore to increase very slowly.

G

20. Funak

Funak Deity

Why the change, if you don't mind me asking? Those tooltips telling you exactly why you were winning/losing a war were rather nice.