New Version - December 18th (12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if G doesn't plan on updating to any future versions of EUI, than we can use the current one and just perfect it.

One random small bug I have noticed is that the updated scouts (Explorers I think?) will get stuck in their running animation (with sound) when I click on them and after their action has been completed and I am in that area of the map. This might be an old issue though, not sure.

I've been using CBP (with EUI) for some time now but this is the first update giving me trouble. Hope I can get some help with it! I'm not sure what log files I'll need but please give me some guidance and I'll be happy to provide them.

My problem is that my game is crashing consistently when I click "next" on the MOD menu. For the record, I'm only using the mods that come in the auto installer. Initially I tried with all the mods enabled, but I've also tried loading with only the Community Patch enabled and I still get a crash. Also, yes, I did clear cashe :)

I noticed that when running the new installer, it creates new folders for all the mods but does not remove the older editions. This version added the folders with (1) through (6) in the folder names but my mod folder still had the 6 folders from the previous version. Is this intended? I tried deleting the old ones prior to install but this didn't seem to help much. The old folders don't seem to be creating multiple copies of mod options to enable when I load up the game.

I have since deleted all the mods in the mod folder and reinstalled using the old 11/5 (I believe this is the date) auto installer and everything seems to be working again so it's definitely something funky happening with this new update. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Aristos,
Don't know if you are lurking about, but can you post what you found in the the lua to the EUI in here so we can see?
/I

I've been using CBP (with EUI) for some time now but this is the first update giving me trouble. Hope I can get some help with it! I'm not sure what log files I'll need but please give me some guidance and I'll be happy to provide them.

My problem is that my game is crashing consistently when I click "next" on the MOD menu. For the record, I'm only using the mods that come in the auto installer. Initially I tried with all the mods enabled, but I've also tried loading with only the Community Patch enabled and I still get a crash. Also, yes, I did clear cashe :)

I noticed that when running the new installer, it creates new folders for all the mods but does not remove the older editions. This version added the folders with (1) through (6) in the folder names but my mod folder still had the 6 folders from the previous version. Is this intended? I tried deleting the old ones prior to install but this didn't seem to help much. The old folders don't seem to be creating multiple copies of mod options to enable when I load up the game.

I have since deleted all the mods in the mod folder and reinstalled using the old 11/5 (I believe this is the date) auto installer and everything seems to be working again so it's definitely something funky happening with this new update. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Delete all mods in the mods folder and then reinstall the new set. Clear cache afterwards.

G

V12.18 with latest hotfix:

Interception does not seem to be working. I have 3 triplanes in range of several units that have been bombarded by 6 bombers, during 4-5 consecutive turns, and not ONE interception occurred. YES, my fighters are in INT mode.

Did someone else see this?

EDIT: well, apparently a strange streak of bad RNGs made it so that my fighters did not intercept for a long time, and then started intercepting, so I guess it's still working...

V12.18 with latest hotfix:

Interception does not seem to be working. I have 3 triplanes in range of several units that have been bombarded by 6 bombers, during 4-5 consecutive turns, and not ONE interception occurred. YES, my fighters are in INT mode.

Did someone else see this?

I saw this a lot back when the range of the fighters were nerfed, probably over a hundred bombings without one interception, and that was the last time I used fighters in CPP.

I saw this a lot back when the range of the fighters were nerfed, probably over a hundred bombings without one interception, and that was the last time I used fighters in CPP.

So, it's a known bug then?

So, it's a known bug then?

No idea. I'm not all that familiar with fightermechanics, I thought it might be because the fighers were out of range of the city the bombers were attacking from, because I did notice a lot more interceptions when I brought a carrier with fighters into melee-range with the city. Again I don't know how the mechanics are supposed to work, fighters in vanilla had such good range that those things didn't really matter.

No idea. I'm not all that familiar with fightermechanics, I thought it might be because the fighers were out of range of the city the bombers were attacking from, because I did notice a lot more interceptions when I brought a carrier with fighters into melee-range with the city. Again I don't know how the mechanics are supposed to work, fighters in vanilla had such good range that those things didn't really matter.

Well, as I said, ALL my fighters were within stated interception range, yet not ONE interception in many many rounds.... I lost a good number of arty units because of that even if I was "prepared" with air defenses... NOT funny.

Well, as I said, ALL my fighters were within stated interception range, yet not ONE interception in many many rounds.... I lost a good number of arty units because of that even if I was "prepared" with air defenses... NOT funny.

In range of the unit getting attacked or in range of the city where the enemy bombers are stationed? Because the second is close to impossible with the range-nerfs.

Thanks for the help. I was finally able to get 12/10 to work!

A quick question about city-state influence, thought. I didn't see anything in the changelog, so I'm guessing it's from a different update. Why am I starting with varying amounts of influence with city-states now? What's the mechanic behind this?

Edit: Also, I can't seem to work Coral tiles. Can someone reproduce this?

Edit2: I've got 2k accumulated faith and still no Great Prophet....

Another small yet annoying UI bug:

Tooltip for Oil seems bugged; it never shows Oil information, and makes the rest of the Top Panel behave funny. Please anyone confirm that it is indeed the case, and I am not the only one seeing it...

Well, I see Ilteroi just "fixed air interceptions" with the new hotfix, my observations were not wrong after all.

Care to explain what happened, to the curious among us? :D

well, it's a funny story that illuminates how crazy the codebase actually is.

there are land units, sea units and air units (and hover units and immobile units, but those are redundant because the other classes have flags to the same effect). land and sea units use the "move" mission for melee attacks and the "range attack" mission for ranged attacks. however, aircraft use the "rebase" mission for moving and the "move" mission for air strikes. although it's in fact a ranged attack.

now what happened is that AI aircraft were inadvertently using the range attack mission via a new "opportunity attack" method i had written for land units, bypassing the old code, which used the move mission. and it worked fine. except that interceptions were not being processed, so i took a while to notice it.

long story. happy ending :)

well, it's a funny story that illuminates how crazy the codebase actually is.

there are land units, sea units and air units (and hover units and immobile units, but those are redundant because the other classes have flags to the same effect). land and sea units use the "move" mission for melee attacks and the "range attack" mission for ranged attacks. however, aircraft use the "rebase" mission for moving and the "move" mission for air strikes. although it's in fact a ranged attack.

now what happened is that AI aircraft were inadvertently using the range attack mission via a new "opportunity attack" method i had written for land units, bypassing the old code, which used the move mission. and it worked fine. except that interceptions were not being processed, so i took a while to notice it.

long story. happy ending :)

Ha...! but now I am left wondering, why did I see those TWO interceptions happening in between the complete absence of them? That was before the last hotfix... how did those happen, given your explanation?

well, sometimes the "normal" code path was still used. in that case interceptions would work.

How about releasing a new stable version? I don't want to stress you or anything, but the current stable version is close to unplayable and it's not exactly sending a good message to the people who are afraid of manual patching :D.

How about releasing a new stable version? I don't want to stress you or anything, but the current stable version is close to unplayable and it's not exactly sending a good message to the people who are afraid of manual patching :D.

Ilteroi does not modbuddy and I'm still AWOL (stranded in multiple airports over the past few days). Patience, grasshopper.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom