New Version - December 1st (12/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First hotfix game, i'm seeing way more units from everyone than I've ever seen. Maybe just this game, but you can't even move, units everywhere.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm going to try another game.

Amazing how in my culture there is a Sant claus, but the concept of the "list" is non exitent.
We never heard of your Saint Klaus until american films and Coca-Cola flood our culture. Here we had the three wise men, who came two weeks after christ birth, following religious beliefs. As they gifted gold, incense and myrhh to the baby, they also gifted things to children who behave. So you wrote your wish list -so your parents knew what you wanted and which wise man you liked best-. The day before epiphany, there's a parade with all the wise men and their retinue (nowadays they are accompanied by the paw patrol =), you know, no job's too big). We left some milk and sweet bread to the wise men pages, in case they became hungry or thirsty while working all the night. The tradition of the christmas tree was already adopted, but the usual christmas icon is the christmas manger, one of those had the gift boxes in the epiphany morning.
For those who misbehave there's sweet coal. Or raw coal if you were really naughty. I've never heard of anyone getting coal, though.

Now I have two days for giving gifts to my toddler, one with my parents, one with my parents in law. Consumerism, yoohoo.

Does policies constantly keep getting nerfed especially Fealty? Or do i see wrong. There are many aspects of the game.
Well if so, i may drop playing Poland (which is also nerfed)
best regards :):p

Elaborate?
We are going to test now with the aim of finding AI skills even with us in our usual difficulty. If AI become unmaneageable at certain point by everyone, we're going to spot it, if it is too weak, well, it has already happened, and got an immediate response.
The ideal difficulty is one that follows player skills through ages, so you are always playing with a challenge.

I'm part way through a very fun, very... even feeling France game. It seems like some of the best research scaling I've ever seen.

The fealty defensive bonuses though look and feel ridiculously strong. How am I going to crack those cities? War just got a lot harder.

I'm part way through a very fun, very... even feeling France game. It seems like some of the best research scaling I've ever seen.

The fealty defensive bonuses though look and feel ridiculously strong. How am I going to crack those cities? War just got a lot harder.
The skies roared with no birds or lions in sight.

I would suggest melee units with drill and focusing your attacks. Blitz is even better on France.

Greetings,

I have a question regarding using Vox Populi in multiplayer.

I intend to play co-op, as in, two players vs X AI, and to make this somewhat work in vanilla civ we had to use JDH's active AI mod (to circumvent the bare bones dumbed down Multiplayer AI) along with the MP mod manager tool, and that has worked mostly fine (a few desynchs over the course of a +200 turn game, nothing big)

I know I need to make all mods into a modpack to get it to work, and i've read how to do that, so i don't need the tool. But what i was wondering, how is the multiplayer AI? Is it the same as the single player (minus the active talking to players, you need the active AI mod for it, what i've read at least) or is it also a dumbed down version? I'd rather have a more stable game, so purely vox populi, than AI's spamming me with trade options. But I was wondering whether i need the active AI mod to swap multiplayer AI with the singleplayer one (I kinda assume vox populi also does this, but i don't know for sure, hence my question)

I don't have experience with vox populi in multiplayer yet, but have been loving it in my single player games! (completely brought me back to playing civ 5)

So if anyone knows the answer/has any advice (i don't believe there have been any public modpacks made recently, especially not EUI ones), i'd be glad to hear it. I do seem to recall reading from a bit back that it's best to disable events/barbs for multiplayer.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

I have a question regarding using Vox Populi in multiplayer.

I intend to play co-op, as in, two players vs X AI, and to make this somewhat work in vanilla civ we had to use JDH's active AI mod (to circumvent the bare bones dumbed down Multiplayer AI) along with the MP mod manager tool, and that has worked mostly fine (a few desynchs over the course of a +200 turn game, nothing big)

I know I need to make all mods into a modpack to get it to work, and i've read how to do that, so i don't need the tool. But what i was wondering, how is the multiplayer AI? Is it the same as the single player (minus the active talking to players, you need the active AI mod for it, what i've read at least) or is it also a dumbed down version? I'd rather have a more stable game, so purely vox populi, than AI's spamming me with trade options. But I was wondering whether i need the active AI mod to swap multiplayer AI with the singleplayer one (I kinda assume vox populi also does this, but i don't know for sure, hence my question)

I don't have experience with vox populi in multiplayer yet, but have been loving it in my single player games! (completely brought me back to playing civ 5)

So if anyone knows the answer/has any advice (i don't believe there have been any public modpacks made recently, especially not EUI ones), i'd be glad to hear it. I do seem to recall reading from a bit back that it's best to disable events/barbs for multiplayer.

Thanks in advance!

Multiplayer already has moderately active AI. They won't do idle chats, but they will trade/friend/offer gifts/demand tribute etc.

Just make the modpack and go. I made one in 3 minutes today. (No testing yet, might now work. Includes EUI, Improved City View, Flag Promotions, unit path viewer and Unique city states. (Which may or may not take bonuses away on multiplayer.) Feel free to give it a try and let me know how it works. Also delete UI_BC1 folder.

Link here.

Also: Welcome to the community!

First hotfix game, i'm seeing way more units from everyone than I've ever seen. Maybe just this game, but you can't even move, units everywhere.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm going to try another game.

For some reason I see CS with plenty of units nowadays . 6 spearman at round 60 look a bit silly, maybe Germany gifted a lot, but for another mysterious reason, they all disapperead at turn 100 for that CS near Germany. No wars or barbarian invasions.
Also, Spirit of the desert gives gold instead of culture. Bad install? Ive readed something like that in another thread.

Yep, I just encountered myself that CS seem to have a LOT of units quite early in the game, 8 warriors pre turn 50. Not yet with the hotfix ...

I think that's a typo in the description and that indeed it is supposed to give gold and not culture.

Spirit of the Desert was already really special, picking it leads to the result, your settling around useless desert tiles. Atleast it gave 5 yields, food to compensate desert and nice gold to buy growing buildings.
Now it really feels kinda underwhelming, the extra faith is only mediocre, and production and money is nothing you really need in desert where you can place mines or vilages on hills.
Other pantheons gives also 3 yields, like plantations with valuable culture, but on +2 food or +1food/+1production tiles and not +ZERO like plain desert.

city seems extra hard to take now. It takes an incredible amount to take a just settled city, on flat land, with lots of units. Is that intended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom