News: BOTM 37 - Starts 15 December

The gem tile has zero production+food, so it is not very attractive to work early on. It will slow down expansion quite a bit. Thus I have no qualms leaving it behind for now. And a 4F1C before improvements is great when building worker.

I believe that mining a gems tile will add one hammer (plus all the comerce) to the tile's yield.

Saves still not posted yet? I'm getting a "Sorry, the game page you requested is not currently available" message.

Sorry for my impatience, I'm always like that when I know Santa is coming :p

Thanks
Jack

It has been a long time since I played a XOTM and now that I want to play again the Save is not available. Nooooooo!!!!!!

Sorry about the setup problems, everyone. I think it should be working now...

Enjoy!

Just to check... if you settle on the deer, do you get access to deer automatically once you have hunting?

If so - then yes the fp deer looks nice, the time taken to get there is offset by the extra food you get on the starting space for making a worker. 1S of the settler looks decent for a future city. Would the settler see more by going 1SE (on the hill) rather than 1S by the way...?

Also - is there a mistake in the first post? It states that a mall "gives +20% commerce in the city " but the data page on this website says +20% gold?

Just to check... if you settle on the deer, do you get access to deer automatically once you have hunting? yes, but you miss out on the food from the camp

If so - then yes the fp deer looks nice, the time taken to get there is offset by the extra food you get on the starting space for making a worker. 1S of the settler looks decent for a future city. Would the settler see more by going 1SE (on the hill) rather than 1S by the way...? I think the idea is to move 1S first, and then to the hill. So if you see great stuff you can still settle on turn 0 at 1S.

Also - is there a mistake in the first post? It states that a mall "gives +20% commerce in the city " but the data page on this website says +20% gold? You are correct. I'm pretty sure the mall only boots gold and not all commerce.
Finished BOTM36 just in time!
now, do I play this or GOTM61 first?

Thanks for the answers!

Similar to you - I've just finished BOTM 36 too. I'm away for Christmas & New Year, so no chance I can finish GOTM 61 before I leave - so it's traight onto BOTM 36 for me - I prefer BOTM anyway so it's all good.

Any SGOTM12 participant has interest in running another space race here?:) Let's try to launch spaceship from snow instead of fallout!

I'm assuming (or at least hoping) that we're starting at one of the poles and that the rest of the map will be "normal." Santa will bring toys and civilization to the good children of the world on his magic galley pulled by eight sea otters. The question of whether we're starting at the North or South poles will be resolved when me meet our first barb animals: white bears or vicious penguins, respectively.

@OSS

Enjoy the deadline! hehehe:evil:
Are you implying that the only way that your SGOTM team can beat them is if they run out of time to complete the game? :eek: ;)

While I like the idea of settling on the Coast SE + E + E of the Settler, in order to get both the Fish and the Flood Plains Deer, but doing so does take away a Coast square thanks to the Iceburg floating to the east of the Fish. I'm seriously wondering if 1S might be a better use of the Fish, with the Flood Plains being saved for a second City that can be a bit more inland.

Are you implying that the only way that your SGOTM team can beat them is if they run out of time to complete the game?

I would assume he was referring to the deadline of this BOTM game. Since this deadline is right before the SGOTM deadline.

Any SGOTM12 participant has interest in running another space race here?:) Let's try to launch spaceship from snow instead of fallout!

If I have the time to play I join the race! (Probably not really smart from me - it is like accepting a slam dunk competition against Michael Jordan).

Downloaded and launched (the game :D).

Watch out of the ship window when my 'triple' powered ship passes by on the way to AC :lol: (question is where to dig out the third engine) .

Are you implying that the only way that your SGOTM team can beat them is if they run out of time to complete the game? :eek: ;)

Have you seen 0.00........1% of chance that they are not able to complete the game in time? At least I have never thought about it.;)

Downloaded and launched (the game :D).

Watch out of the ship window when my 'triple' powered ship passes by on the way to AC :lol: (question is where to dig out the third engine) .

I have been always looking for the 3rd fantastic productive city (besides the IW and bureaucracy capital) to complete the 3rd engine.:lol:

Help ! My laptop battery is a bad joke, and a careless putting down to answer a biological imperative resulted in a shut down computer on my return.
I have no alternative other than reloading the auto save. NOTHING happened in the last turns (circa 675 BC) but will my game still be valid and accepted ?

In general, if you encounter any problems (for example, your computer crashes), then you should PM either AlanH or the staff member responsible whose game it is (me in this case :) ) to let us know details of what happened, so we can take it into account when we analyse your submitted game. If you have autosaves set to save every turn, then a crash shouldn't normally disqualify your game - we are after all aware that crashes etc. do happen. So in your case, judging from what you've said, you should PM me or AlanH, and then continue playing.

Top Bottom