News: Current Game Schedule for GOTM and COTM

This took an unexpected turn. The problems we set out to discuss now appear so unimportant.

Alan, please accept my sympathy for your loss.

My thoughts are with you.

If I can help with anything to lighten your load, please let me know.
There is nothing more important than allowing you time to grieve and heal.

AlanH, I've added you to my prayer list. I lost my wife nearly 6 years ago. Though she suffered from several medical problems, most stemming from diabetes, her death came suddenly three days before Christmas. We were watching TV one moment, and the next moment, she felt severe congestion, stopped breathing, and could not be resuscitated even though medics started CPR within five minutes. I took comfort in knowing that God took her while I was there, so I would know there was nothing I could have done to have brought her back.

I've been retired for several years from a career as a software developer. Though my activities (singing, dancing, golf, travel) keep me busy, I can find time to assist in game creation, if the logistics can be worked out, and a written outline of the process be provided.

Bob Miller

Game | Map Creator
GOTM 137 - Egypt | Lanzelot
COTM 109 - America | Più Freddo
GOTM 138 - Ottomans |
COTM 110 - Inca |
GOTM 139 - Persia |
COTM 111 - Korea |
GOTM 140 - Aztecs |
COTM 112 - India |
GOTM 141 - Celts |
COTM 113 - Greece |
GOTM 142 - Russia |
COTM 114 - Babylon |

Lanzelot, where is GOTM 137? I would prepare an American map for COTM 109 this week if that is alright. I won't be able to finish any of the current games anyway.

If there are problems getting the "BIQ" or whatever these files are called, I would suggest to just try to make some of the known changes manually in the editor. I think that must be possible.

Yes, I don't have the GOTM biq file, and judging from this description:
Some rule changes are used in 'Classic' GOTMs. Here is a list of all non-standard rules in use:

• The Great Wall Wonder: gives free walls in all your towns/cities on the continent
  • Explorers and equivalent unique units have been moved from Navigation to Astronomy.
  • Space Race - SS Stasis Chamber Has been moved from Synthetic Fibers to Robotics.
  • Republic Government Unit maintenance cost is 2 gpt/unit with free unit support of 1/3/4 for town/city/metropolis.
  • Archer/Bowmen added defensive freeshot at 1/0/1.
  • Longbowmen added defensive freeshot at 2/0/1.
  • Marines Increased attack strength from 8 to 12 and cost increased to 120 shields.
  • Radar Artillery Movement increased to 2 and rate of fire increased to 3.
  • Air Unit Operating Ranges most have been increased up to the maximum hardcoded limit in Civ3v1.29.
  • Lethal Sea Bombardment for all air units that can bomb targets.
  • Lethal Land Bombardment for all bombers and steath bombers.
  • F-15 stats increase to 8/4/1 (range of 8) with bombard at 6/0/2 lethal land & sea
  • Helicopter transport capacity has been increased to 3.
  • Stealth Fighter stats increased to 8/6/1 with bombard at 6/0/2.
  • Stealth Bomber stats increased to 0/5/1 with bombard at 18/0/3.
it's quite a bit of work to re-create that file, even if the above list is indeed complete. And I'm not an experienced modder. Also, as none of the other prerequisites of post #17 is fulfilled yet, I think it's not yet worth investing too much time in this yet.

Well, if we just attach the save to a post, we have established fait accomplis and can hope that the rest will be solved.

The next game is already due. I'll try to create GOTM138. I'll also post my intermediate BIQ file for the creation of other games.

Thanks for offering to do this.

In order to work with the submission system, start files need an embedded signature to identify which game you are submitting. I modified the script to detect the COTM 109 files specifically, but this may not always be easy. (I note that we only have one submission for COTM 109 so far).

If you are creating games, please edit the scenario file that you use each time, and set the Description field to:

GOTMxxxx_OPEN for PtW games
COTMxxxx_OPEN for C3C games

Replace xxxx with the game number with a leading zero. In this case you should set it to GOTM0138_OPEN.

Più Freddo;13547699 said:
The next game is already due. I'll try to create GOTM138.

Hmm, what's the point in leaving out a number?! :confused: The next game to start will be the 137th GOTM, no matter whether it had started four weeks ago, starts today or will start in two weeks, not?

Oh, there you are. I thought you'd create GOTM137 and I GOTM138. I suppose you are right that we should skip one slot in the schedule.

I have created a BIX for GOTM. You must adapt the Description under the Scenario tab as described by AlanH and set civilization for Player1 and difficulty for all players (I think). I had to zip it in order to be able to upload it. Good luck!

Attachments

• GOTM.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 103
Current schedule
Game | Civ | Level | Map Size | Required VC | Release Date | Submission Date | 1st | Final | Creator
GOTM140 |Aztecs |Emperor |Standard | |25 Mar 15 |6 May 15 |28 Mar 15 |04 Apr 15 | Lanzelot
COTM113 |Greece |Monarch |Standard | |15 Apr 15 |27 May 15 |18 Apr 15 |25 Apr 15 | Più Freddo
GOTM141 |Celts |Regent |Standard |Conquest |06 May 15 |17 Jun 15 |09 Apr 15 |16 May 15 | greatbeyond
COTM114 |Babylon |Regent |Standard | |27 May 15 |08 Jul 15 |30 May 15 |06 Jun 15 | Più Freddo
GOTM142 |Russia |Monarch |Standard |Diplomatic |17 Jun 15 |29 Jul 15 |20 Jun 15 |27 Jun 15 | Lanzelot

I would be more than happy to alternate with you and any others who want to create games. I could start with COTM 111 Korea if you like. I want you to be able to play some of these.
I have map editing experience and like to see some interesting scenarios.

Top Bottom