News: GOTM60 - Starts 1 November

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to CiV and this is the first GOTM I've decided to try playing. I downloaded the HOF mod linked in the first post and copied it to the /Mods folder. However, when I try to load the save, I get a message saying "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure the assets in your mod folder have not been changed". I remember seeing a download link to some sort of asset checker (which might have been for the BTS version of the mod, not sure, this is all still a bit new).

I'm on a Mac, and I'm pretty sure I got the appropriate version of both the mod and the save. I know this is more of a "technical support" question and this might not be the best thread to ask these questions, but any help would be appreciated.

I got the exact same errormessage, first time I played a GOTM :)
If you do not have Beyond the Sword, the solution is probably the same:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9056169&postcount=51

Edit: Sorry, I now see that you are on a mac so never mind my answer.

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to CiV and this is the first GOTM I've decided to try playing. I downloaded the HOF mod linked in the first post and copied it to the /Mods folder. However, when I try to load the save, I get a message saying "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure the assets in your mod folder have not been changed". I remember seeing a download link to some sort of asset checker (which might have been for the BTS version of the mod, not sure, this is all still a bit new).

I'm on a Mac, and I'm pretty sure I got the appropriate version of both the mod and the save. I know this is more of a "technical support" question and this might not be the best thread to ask these questions, but any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, I seem to have missed this yesterday. :eek:

I do not have a MAC, so I do not know how to give you detailed instructions, but I know who can. I'll post this in the staff thread.

In the meantime, two things to try:
1. The first post in this thread says:
Macintosh: This game MUST be played in Civilization 4 (NOT Warlords), patched to version 1.74, and with the Mac HOF mod version 1.74.002 installed. You can download the HOF mod here.

2. You can have a look in the MAC Civ4 support forum here.

I got the exact same errormessage, first time I played a GOTM :)
If you do not have Beyond the Sword, the solution is probably the same:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9056169&postcount=51

Edit: Sorry, I now see that you are on a mac so never mind my answer.

Haha, this might indeed be the problem. I was in the process of reinstalling the full package (CiV, Warlords and BTS) and tried starting the GOTM while BTS was still being downloaded from Steam. I'll check later when I get home if with BTS installed it works.

Thanks

I see the spoiler threads are up, but what's the date (500 BC? 1 AD?) for the first?

Usually the spoiler date is given in the thread title on the GOTM discussion page that lists all the threads. I wouldn't have thought to look in the opening thread. But thanks for answering so quickly! I have another 500 years to go.

Haha, this might indeed be the problem. I was in the process of reinstalling the full package (CiV, Warlords and BTS) and tried starting the GOTM while BTS was still being downloaded from Steam. I'll check later when I get home if with BTS installed it works.

Thanks

Sorry, only just seen this. The solution involving changing DLLs is only applicable to Windows as far as I know. The Mac version should work OK out of the box. However, as you are on Steam, it's possible there's a separate issue that I don't know about.

There is an assets checker specifically for the Mac HoF Mods linked in my signature. Try running that and see if it identifies any differences in your installation.

PS. The best place to look for tech support for the Mac versions is in the Mac Civ4 forum.

Hi all,

I'm a Newbie and cant load the GOTM60 cause it tells me that the save game is protected to ensure that the assets of my mod folder hasnt been changed.

Can NE1 tell me WTH i must do to load this game properly ?

Thanx in advance

the only thing i can think ofwould be that BTS emulator that i wouldnt have placed at the right location (in the assets folder ?)

Hi, welcome :wavey:

I assume you mean the CvGameCoreDLL file that BtS installs if you buy it? Yes, it should go in the Civ4 Assets folder.

Have you run through the checklist in our FAQ? If so, have you run the Assets Checker? If so, what did it say?

Thnax AlanH, asset checker did the job ! i'm on my way on my first ever GOTM.

Moderator Action: billybgame's crash problem posts moved to a separate thread.

Top Bottom