News: Which Civilization shall be the first for Civ6 GotM?

Which Civilization Should We Play First?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After a long absence to Civ (played IV a lot but not V) I'm really looking forward to this. GOTM was always my primary source of knowledge about the game and it kept me playing the game, learning from what did all the others and compare it with the own actions.

Thanks to the staff for contributing their time and energy to get something like this running!

I voted for Scythia because that was where my cursor landed. Not too concerned with who we start with, I'm just looking forward to getting back into some GOTM action.

India, we need to get the Gandhi nuke jokes out of the way. Also India has a strong early military unit and some nice religion bonuses. Not too op and a good intro civ I think.

Been getting my feet wet with Scythia (I'm fairly rusty courtesy of a PhD I just finished so the horse spam has been useful while I re-learn combat, although I haven't indulged in the sellback exploit). Districts and Production are so central to Civ 6 that I'm curious how well I could play with the Hansa & Extra district slots.

I voted for England on a continents / islands map. It looks pretty interesting to get a free unit each time you conquer / found a city on another continent.

Actually my vote would be for any civ that seems to be broken/exploitable. Let's confirm that if true. If you find exploits during the game, describe how you did it, so rules can be made for future games and/or suggestions to Firaxis for fixes.

Problem is that its not only Civs that are easily exploitable. Trading has huge exploitable bugs, you can turn around another civ to give you tons for something they didnt really want. Builders are broken with their abilities to remove features outside your borders for huge bonus hammers and food (much more than it cost to build the builder), even at enemy. Probably several other bugs/ exploits whatever civilization you pick.

Voted Kongo, love that civ. with the special housing district and no need to focus on religion.

Looks like it will be Rome unless Gorgo receives some late support.
Voted Gorgo myself but Rome suits me as well. The most important thing is GotM is coming to Civ6 :thumbsup:

*deleted original content*
My apologies - I certainly know politics can be a contested topic. The post above just made me realize that with the top two being gorgo and rome, and the ability of the poll allowing vote changes, I was trying to prod folks into having a last opportunity to change their vote before closure if they desired and since that kind of aligned with what's going on with the real world I referenced it.

Moderator Action: Please leave current event politics out of this thread. We hardly need a reminder in a place meant to have fun.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited:
I changed my vote, as I've become less interested in Brazil. One question that might influence votes...what's the victory condition going to be?

I voted for Rome, it might be pretty cheesy but Rome has a nice set of advantages to play around with.
Yup, it seems to be the most popular leader at the moment according to the achievement list on Steam.

I should say the first civ should not be Greece because of the bug that allows multiple Greece civs in the same game. I have been Gorgo and had Pericles show up, I have also been Gorgo and had my twin sister Gorgo show up. :undecide:

I voted Japan. Fun civ.

Just saw we are going with Rome. Good choice!

But seriously, lets keep Greece out of it until a patch fixes it . . . .

Top Bottom