Next civ video after Norway

What civ we'll see in the next First Look video?

• Arabia

Votes: 60 18.9%
  • Greece / Athens / Sparta (Gorgo or Pericles)

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Poland

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • Rome

Votes: 68 21.5%
  • Russia

Votes: 96 30.3%
  • Sumeria

Votes: 63 19.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that it will be Arabia this week. I think with all of the tensions over Islam and the fact that today is 9/11, it just would not be good to do their first look this week.

Before I get slammed, I am NOT saying that Arabia had anything to do with 9/11, nor the religion of Islam as a whole. Just that the tension over the religion would make it ill advised to have their first-look this week. With Saladin leading them and the history that goes along with that (the crusades, etc.) I think that it would be better to wait for a week or two before showing them.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

I am NOT saying that Arabia had anything to do with 9/11

You do realise there is not a modern nation called Arabia? Also, if you are talking about Saudi, they are actually very important to terrorist organisations, though the government likely does not sponsor it.

You do realise there is not a modern nation called Arabia? Also, if you are talking about Saudi, they are actually very important to terrorist organisations, though the government likely does not sponsor it.
Yes, I do realize both. But the fact is that others could likely interpret that as an attack against Islam. Also, sadly, many don't realize that Arabia is not a modern country. While I am drawing a correlation between the two, I am trying to be negative about it. And that is the point about why Arabia should not be revealed this week. It opens to too much political debate, which most of us try to avoid here.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

I bet you that if Arabia was revealed this week, there would be absolutely no political/religious debate. I imagine only conservatives could get riled up by that sort of thing (others would point out that Saladin has no relevance to 9/11 in the slightest), and this place comes across as pretty liberal.

Ha, well the movie "From Russia With Love" premiered on 10 October 1963 in London, so are you hinting that folks might have to wait another month to see First Look: Russia?

Arabia could be revealed this week since Eid al Adha starts on Monday. Though, I'm concerned many non-Muslims would not be aware of the holy week but would think of 9 11 if Arabia is revealed this week. I'm sure the majority of people on this site would make no connection to that day and Arabia reveal but there are civ players outside of this site; YouTube comments show that.

It's a bit of double edge sword, I think. Arabia revealed because of Eid as a positive, or because of 9 11 as a sort of negative joke. It can be viewed under two perspectives. Though I think it will be inevitable that there will be annoying people bringing up 9 11, terrorism, or daesh/isil if Arabia is revealed on any other day.

I wanted to see Russia by the way.

Only thanks to posts on this page I realized firaxis almost definitely won't reveal Arabia two days after the 9/11. I somehow completely forgot about that. YT comment zone (where there are enough lunatics already) would go crazy.

I think Poland will be the last civ revealed (as DLC), Greece very late (to reveal multiple leaders system?) and Rome still not yet (to build even bigger hype :D ). Sumeria could appear now but it'd be weird for two fresh civs (it and Kongo) to appear in a row. So I think it may be Russia this time.

Ha, well the movie "From Russia With Love" premiered on 10 October 1963 in London, so are you hinting that folks might have to wait another month to see First Look: Russia?

I didn't even know the premiere date. But I do think Russia in CiVI might be revealed two FL's from now.

Only thanks to posts on this page I realized firaxis almost definitely won't reveal Arabia two days after the 9/11. I somehow completely forgot about that. YT comment zone (where there are enough lunatics already) would go crazy.

I think Poland will be the last civ revealed (as DLC), Greece very late (to reveal multiple leaders system?) and Rome still not yet (to build even bigger hype :D ). Sumeria could appear now but it'd be weird for two fresh civs (it and Kongo) to appear in a row. So I think it may be Russia this time.

I know they weren't in Civ5, but wasn't Sumer in Civ4? So unlike Kongo and Scythia, they're not completely new.

I know they weren't in Civ5, but wasn't Sumer in Civ4? So unlike Kongo and Scythia, they're not completely new.

This is like the millionth time someone has had to point out that Sumer are not new (they were in Civ 3 as well in fact). Hint is in the name 'Civilization V'; there were others before it :p.

If Firaxis wants to avoid any debacle of 9/11 YT comments, they could easily show Russia or Sumer instead of Arabia... I'd be happy to see either of the two civilizations but Russia makes the most sense if they want to avoid the entire Middle Eastern region. I'm still holding to the theory that Rome and Greece will be the last two reveals to help generate additional hype right before the games launch in October.

To be put off by youtube commenters would give them (said commenters) too much credit.

This is like the millionth time someone has had to point out that Sumer are not new (they were in Civ 3 as well in fact). Hint is in the name 'Civilization V'; there were others before it :p.

This poster said fresh, though, not new. As in not in the most recent game.

This is why I have used the word 'fresh' instead of 'new' ;)

I think that it will either be Arabia (so we complete the batch of religious civs) or Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom