and possibly
Greece
Japan
Egypt
Spain
Germany
Arabia
India

I can't imagine multiple Kongolese leaders :)

I really hope that the Ottomans and Persia will be very strong civs as appeasement.

It's going to be Persia and Macedonia. It's right there in everyone's game files, if you're willing to look it up.

If it's not the Ottomans ... wtf?

I get putting new civs in the game, especially ones that have never been in the game. But leaving the Ottomans out of a game titled civilization would be like having a game called science and just leaving out chemistry.

No, leaving out chemistry would be akin to leaving out the Roman Empire.

(sorry, chemical technology student here)

How can you have Greece led by Pericles and Gorgo in the same game as a Macedonia led by Alexander. That doesn't make any sense. You would need to add Athens and Sparta if were really going to get that deep in semantics.

To be fair, Greece and Macedonia have always been distinct. Greece was a loose alliance of city-states (though quite powerful at certain times), whereas Macedonia has always been a single kingdom. Alexander's father conquered Greece during his lifetime, then Alexander thought, "I can do better than that" and conquered half Asia in 10 years before dying of some wound.

I would love to see Civ do Meiji Japan

To be fair, Greece and Macedonia have always been distinct. Greece was a loose alliance of city-states (though quite powerful at certain times), whereas Macedonia has always been a single kingdom. Alexander's father conquered Greece during his lifetime, then Alexander thought, "I can do better than that" and conquered half Asia in 10 years before dying of some wound.

Yes, but just like I said to the other guy in so many words, the point is that why are we picking one specific instance to suddenly get super technical with a leader choice.

Yes, but just like I said to the other guy in so many words, the point is that why are we picking one specific instance to suddenly get super technical with a leader choice.

People wouldn't like it if, say, Belgium and the Netherlands would be called the same, either. Kinda the same level of difference, only one is now and the other is 2300 years ago.

Here's a question for all of you speculators:

A lot of people keep saying the Mayans, Inca, Ottomans, Persia, Mongols (don't see this one happening with Scythia)

Stop the press! Mongolia is one of the top tier civs! Scythia could no more replace them than Canada could the U.S. The freaken Mongols will be in the game or I will....be very miserable!!!

I think only a few vanilla civs will have multiple leaders, like

America
France
Rome
China
England
Russia

and possibly
Greece
Japan
Egypt
Spain
Germany
Arabia
India

You included Greece in the 'maybe' column? :p

It's going to be Persia and Macedonia. It's right there in everyone's game files, if you're willing to look it up.

To be skeptical someone has seen Genoa in the game files as well, and so far no Genoese civilization

My bet (and hope) is still Ottomans and Persia

To be skeptical someone has seen Genoa in the game files as well, and so far no Genoese civilization

My bet (and hope) is still Ottomans and Persia

I do wonder where Genoa is in the game files then.

Where is that reddit conversation where it states that it's going to be Macedonia and Persia?

I don't have the link to reddit ready, but I do have the folder path plus a copy/paste of the lines we're talking about:

Path: Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Platforms/Windows/audio/English(US)/Speech_Localized.txt (NOT the xml file)

This is about the intros when the game is loading up (bold is mine). There are 24 lines for civilizations/leaders, while right now we have 21 civilizations (22 leaders) including Australia. Apart from the two bolded, all are in the game already:

Switch Group ID Name Wwise Object Path Notes
359624871 Era_DawnofMan \Default Work Unit\Era_DawnofMan
693112979 Leader_Screen_Civilization \Default Work Unit\Leader_Screen_Civilization

Switch ID Name Switch Group Notes
255893691 Classical_Era Era_DawnofMan
712573564 Ancient_Era Era_DawnofMan
984117391 Modern_Era Era_DawnofMan
1009499909 Atomic_Era Era_DawnofMan
2183131863 Industrial_Era Era_DawnofMan
2654112219 Medieval_Era Era_DawnofMan
3100933318 Renaissance_Era Era_DawnofMan
3434975410 Information_Era Era_DawnofMan
37647108 Spain Leader_Screen_Civilization
106570839 Brazil Leader_Screen_Civilization
242352332 France Leader_Screen_Civilization
532012563 Japan Leader_Screen_Civilization
588369673 Kongo Leader_Screen_Civilization
691446547 Norway Leader_Screen_Civilization
729632283 America Leader_Screen_Civilization
913157837 Poland Leader_Screen_Civilization
964848514 Scythia Leader_Screen_Civilization
971839178 India Leader_Screen_Civilization
1200561094 Egypt Leader_Screen_Civilization
1318961621 Australia Leader_Screen_Civilization
1816587302 Russia Leader_Screen_Civilization
1832345227 Persia Leader_Screen_Civilization
2043698106 Rome Leader_Screen_Civilization
2896613368 Germany Leader_Screen_Civilization
3254137207 Arabia Leader_Screen_Civilization
3703292532 England Leader_Screen_Civilization
3819233736 Greece Leader_Screen_Civilization
3866797368 Aztec Leader_Screen_Civilization
3976266244 Macedonia Leader_Screen_Civilization
4088560763 Greece_Gorgo Leader_Screen_Civilization
4139763389 Sumeria Leader_Screen_Civilization
4260845482 China Leader_Screen_Civilization

Wait a moment - these files have been in there all the time and no one discovered it until now? Even Australia has been in there for ages, so nobody should have been surprised when they announced them recently?

I want Zulu's.

Thousands of them...

How can you have Greece led by Pericles and Gorgo in the same game as a Macedonia led by Alexander. That doesn't make any sense. You would need to add Athens and Sparta if were really going to get that deep in semantics.

It's not about objective facts or categories, whatever they may be in such a fluid topic, but what they are interested in doing. If they put Alexander in as a third Greek leader, they only can add one unique. If they want to put in more, they do whatever pleases them :) The "it's not historical" argument is just irrelevant (see Australia) and it's fun to see people argue over the 'right order'. Fun is the decisive factor here.

Wait a moment - these files have been in there all the time and no one discovered it until now? Even Australia has been in there for ages, so nobody should have been surprised when they announced them recently?

It's been in there since at least the 60-day patch (with the first two DLC's). I can't look further back right now because I got a new laptop late December, so all file creation and modification is 28 December for me. This Sunday I could look at my old laptop to see what exact date it was added, but I think it's safe to say it's indeed been there since launch.

So, yeah, we could've known already. But no one looked in this file, apparently.

(it also confirms my theory of them pre-recording the text for the DLC civs by the way, wohoo)

Well done you!

Steady chaps, this is the new politically correct CIV VI we're talking about, my money is on an obscure African civilization and a similar one from the Canadian Arctic communities.

Sorry for sounding a bit Trumpy, tis a mere jest!

It's not about objective facts or categories, whatever they may be in such a fluid topic, but what they are interested in doing. If they put Alexander in as a third Greek leader, they only can add one unique. If they want to put in more, they do whatever pleases them :) The "it's not historical" argument is just irrelevant (see Australia) and it's fun to see people argue over the 'right order'. Fun is the decisive factor here.

Yeah your right. I actually agree with you. I just care about good mechanics and stuff, and just having Australia in the game is fine, there wasn't really a way to emulate getting close to a modern Australia if you wanted to. Its also cool because I think its a nation that nobody really knows much about outside of actual Australia, so maybe it will get more people into there history and such.

I think only a few vanilla civs will have multiple leaders, like

America
France
Rome
China
England
Russia

and possibly
Greece
Japan
Egypt
Spain
Germany
Arabia
India

I actually think that Konogo would be a prime candidate for a second leader, as the current leader a.) was a westernizer and b.) dramatically changes the civ's gameplay. Ideally though the developers would shift the structure of civ and leader choice to make mixing and matching possible, thus allowing multiple leaders for every civ.

Top Bottom