Next DLC is a double civ pack, details 'in weeks to come'

I thought Golden Horde was in the Poland scenario?
Yeah I think it was. I'd check but I have to go to work : \
I was just chasing up the reference mentioned on the previous page of this thread, only because I was nosing through those files and recalled seeing the phrase recently.

@Eagle Pursuit :

There's references to "Golden Horde Scenario" in the GameEffects.xml file:
Code:
        -->
        <Row Type="REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_MOST_PROMOTION_CLASS" Kind="KIND_REQUIREMENT"/>
        <!-- Golden Horde Scenario Victory requirement
            Triggers if the player has the highest number of Victory Points. Ties are resolved based on civilization score.
            1 Victory Point for every barbarian killed.
            3 Victory Points for every barbarian camp cleared.
            5 Victory Points for every unpillaged improvement in your territory.
        -->

There is also a localisation file in the text/en_US folder (where all the translations of game terms live). Relevant quote is here:

Survive overwhelming waves of barbarians in this combat-focused scenario set in the Classic Era. Lasts 30 Turns.
Victory Conditions
At the turn limit, victory is awarded to the player with the most Victory Points. Ties are resolved based on civilization score.

• 1 Victory Point for every barbarian killed.
  • 3 Victory Points for every barbarian camp cleared.
  • 5 Victory Points for every unpillaged improvement in your territory.
Gameplay Changes

• Barbarians are more plentiful.
  • Barbarians are more aggressive.

If it is the Mongols, it should be set medieval, not classical.

Yes, the Golden Horde should be a medieval scenario.
However, from what I read here, it doesn't sound like you are playing as Mongols in this scenario. It sounds pretty similar to the Poland scenario (that has the Golden Horde in it btw, but a completely different scoring mechanism). Maybe this was a first and later unused attempt at Jadwiga's Legacy scenario? Another scenario where you are a middle or east European civ and defend against incoming barbs from the east seems way too similar, even when the scoring is different. As Golden Horde, they could of course be the enemy of a medieval Persian empire, but then the classical reference would again not fit.

I really think we are reading to much into this. I mean, I understand the proofs are there. But, we thought this exact thing with Isabella and we were wayyyyyy off, lol. So I think we should take it as a grain a salt and just see. Chances are its probably not Persia

Top Bottom