1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next patch speculation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by mmenphis, May 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

If would be nice to turn off buildings, though. Currently, It seems as though a city is fully powered and gets all of the powered building benefits or its unpowered and gets none of them. I'd like to be able to turn off my Research Labs, Broadcast Towers, etc. when I'm low on power because of disasters or war or whatever.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

With yesterday's 2kqa update, I would say that next Thursday is looking more likely than next Tuesday now. And this morning's linuxqa update means it's submission for approval a few days ago was sent back for more work.

3. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I agree with the suggestion of carbon tax. Since when did we have a certain gold sink in the game? In the latest patch, we literally swim in gold, there is no challenge in managing gold economy.

4. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

You get a Lack of Imagination penalty. Computers didn’t need electricity to be developed (fluidics were an alternate).

It’s like saying internal combustion engines were required for automobiles when steam might have prevailed.

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Indeed. Mechanical calculators used to be a thing. If electricity hadn't been brought under control, they would only have become more elaborate and versatile.

6. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

My post was a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic post about the patch (England nerfed, etc). Just for fun, I was not seriously proposing such a feature (I couldn't take it in the game... tolerating CC is already hard enough for me).

7. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Im getting steampunk vibes here. ^^

Stilgar08 likes this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

9. kb27787

kb27787 Emperor

Fixing diplomatic victory would be nice... It makes no sense that killing everyone except one other civ is the easiest way to win the vote. Making it like GnK where everyone has to vote for their best friend would be a start... And if a civ is eliminated the civ which was their best friend prior to their demise is considered as having their vote permanently

Steve Eric Jordan likes this.
  10. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

I mean the US also has a park that's a wonder/monument and smack in a city center (https://www.nps.gov/jeff/index.htm) if we are going by those standards.

11. ZimZum514

ZimZum514 Chieftain

Unfortunately, I think that restriction is just shoe-horned in there to make Appeal more relevant to the game.

12. lc15

lc15 Chieftain

Changes to the diplomatic victory to make it more interesting as well as avoiding people winning by wiping out the majority of the competition would be great.

Perhaps a good way of doing that would be to have the diplomatic victory condition over a higher points total and to gain and lose VPs depending on in game actions.

E.g. You need 50 to win.
    Completing emergencies which give VP at end to highest player give VP to everyone based on rank.
    top +5 VP
    second +3 VP
    third +1 VP

Then you can balance that out by having VP's taken away for aggressive play.
    Taking a city -5 VP
    Wiping out a civ -10 VP

+ other actions adding/subtracting VP's - + for reviving civs, liberating city states etc, - for surprise war etc

Would prevent people from winning in a manner that seems counter productive to what a diplomatic victory should be and encourage active involvement in what's going on around you in game.

sonicmyst and seanos08 like this.
  13. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Really hoping this comes next week!

RohirrimElf and acluewithout like this.
  14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I don't think they'd release it on a Friday afternoon just a few hours before everyone heads home for the weekend.

15. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Certainly -- I meant as opposed to later than next week ;)

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  16. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Haha, misread. :)

18. Haig

Haig Deity

Has there been any clues for DLC in steam database?

19. mmenphis

mmenphis Chieftain

Nope

20. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

It will be interesting to see if it comes this week, and if they will do another video for it.