Next patch speculation thread

They've updated the "send to 2K" builds for Mac and Linux. Based on my current theory, they are final approvals. And since we haven't seen the PC qa builds fire in a few days after their flurry of activity last week, I would say it's in the end game.

I don't know that tomorrow is still feasible at this point, but next Tuesday is on the table. And as long as the Mac or Linux qa build doesn't update again (indicating approval was rejected), it will almost certainly be next week.

I wish we knew what this patch may include. Are the builds rather large files? Since so much came out in the past few months, I can’t see much more than minor fixes and tweaks.

I wish we knew what this patch may include. Are the builds rather large files? Since so much came out in the past few months, I can’t see much more than minor fixes and tweaks.

It's not possible to determine file size. It appears it will update vanilla, all DLCs, and both expansions. But then, they update all of them on every patch.

They didn't do any qa updates on dev tools in the last 20 days. So that probably isn't getting any changes.

It's not possible to determine file size. It appears it will update vanilla, all DLCs, and both expansions. But then, they update all of them on every patch.

They didn't do any qa updates on dev tools in the last 20 days. So that probably isn't getting any changes.

Never mind that filesize tells you virtually nothing. They could completely rewrite the in-game AI and the file size would move less than if they added a single new city model for one of the civs.

Thanx for the regular updates guys about next patch. Next week would be fine with me, so i can finish my current Japan game. Gilgabro will be in for a world of pain tomorrow morning 5 turns after i denounced him. :lol:

Are there any much requested changes from the community that have a good chance to be addressed in the next parch?

Thanx for the regular updates guys about next patch. Next week would be fine with me, so i can finish my current Japan game. Gilgabro will be in for a world of pain tomorrow morning 5 turns after i denounced him. :lol:

Are there any much requested changes from the community that have a good chance to be addressed in the next parch?
England will get its much needed nerf, coastal cities will sink into the ocean 50 turns earlier, and climate change will be increased to occur with swordsmen and galleys.

Never mind that filesize tells you virtually nothing. They could completely rewrite the in-game AI and the file size would move less than if they added a single new city model for one of the civs.

Didn't you just disprove your own point? If the update is small, it's probably UI or backend stuff. If it's large, it's something like models, artwork etc.

England will get its much needed nerf, coastal cities will sink into the ocean 50 turns earlier, and climate change will be increased to occur with swordsmen and galleys.

New feature: a Carbon Tax will be implemented via the World Congress to save the world.

Or.. to suffer through major Flooding without having a true Global Warming pattern that scales beyond historical limits of weather systems and/or perfectly natural tidal waves.
Which is to say.. Computers don't need Barriers or vice-versa.
:sarcasm:

PS -- Hey you, above.. you should be fiddling with our/my GScoRow tooltips code. :)

The 2kqa a branch has been upgrade few minutes ago. It means, the patch will not release tomorrow.

I look forward to being overwhelmed by how much content there will be in the next patch ... and saddened that there's still so much that needs work and that England will still suck but not as much as Canada.

That's a bit mean spirited. Only meant in jest. Really, I'm sure the next patch will be awesome. The last few have been.

A carbon tax would be an awesome concept. Have a zero, moderate or heavy gold per unit CO2 emitted tax that you can vote on in the World Congress. Also have power plants that can be turned on and off. So you can have low emmissions and production while there is the tax, or to win the climate accords or to conserve fuel, and crank them up to build units and spacecraft projects later.

a carbon tax is not a solution to anything. humanity wants electricity and our infrastructure is at the moment dependant on oil/coal power. the carbon tax will only help fund research into alternatives. So for the purposes of this game it is irrelavant.

a carbon tax is not a solution to anything. humanity wants electricity and our infrastructure is at the moment dependant on oil/coal power. the carbon tax will only help fund research into alternatives. So for the purposes of this game it is irrelavant.
Untrue. But maybe too off topic here. So just as a minor note: if something gets more expensive (ie. due to taxes) it leads to direct people and economies into alternatives. Can be done even on socially acceptable terms if politicians so wish..

Gamewise it could be a reallocation of money to backward civs (like development aid you know) while giving an incentive to build up cleaner energy solutions which lower your taxes... Like an ecologic rubberband mechanic..

I'm strongly against the option to just disable your power plants to avoid it, though - that indeed would be gamey - just imagine turning off electricity all of a sudden in developed countries. And you could get rid of the consequences of your doings on the first place (which is building those coal plants...)

False. It would tax the highest CO2 producers and distribute the income to the lowest.

Top Bottom