1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next patch speculation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by mmenphis, May 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I wish we knew what this patch may include. Are the builds rather large files? Since so much came out in the past few months, I can’t see much more than minor fixes and tweaks.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's not possible to determine file size. It appears it will update vanilla, all DLCs, and both expansions. But then, they update all of them on every patch.

They didn't do any qa updates on dev tools in the last 20 days. So that probably isn't getting any changes.

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  3. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Chieftain

Maybe just the worldbuilder

4. mmenphis

mmenphis Chieftain

The 2kqa a branch has been upgrade few minutes ago. It means, the patch will not release tomorrow.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  5. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

kind of unexpected update, isn't it?

6. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Never mind that filesize tells you virtually nothing. They could completely rewrite the in-game AI and the file size would move less than if they added a single new city model for one of the civs.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  7. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Thanx for the regular updates guys about next patch. Next week would be fine with me, so i can finish my current Japan game. Gilgabro will be in for a world of pain tomorrow morning 5 turns after i denounced him. :lol:

Are there any much requested changes from the community that have a good chance to be addressed in the next parch?

acluewithout likes this.
  8. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

England will get its much needed nerf, coastal cities will sink into the ocean 50 turns earlier, and climate change will be increased to occur with swordsmen and galleys.

CPWimmer, Kjimmet, Victoria and 2 others like this.
  9. NukeAJS

NukeAJS Chieftain

Didn't you just disprove your own point? If the update is small, it's probably UI or backend stuff. If it's large, it's something like models, artwork etc.

10. seanos08

seanos08 Monarch

The tech tree needs work. There is no logical way you could discover computers or radio before electricity.

11. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

New feature: a Carbon Tax will be implemented via the World Congress to save the world.

Duuk likes this.
  12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Or.. to suffer through major Flooding without having a true Global Warming pattern that scales beyond historical limits of weather systems and/or perfectly natural tidal waves.
    Which is to say.. Computers don't need Barriers or vice-versa.
    :sarcasm:

PS -- Hey you, above.. you should be fiddling with our/my GScoRow tooltips code. :)

13. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

I look forward to being overwhelmed by how much content there will be in the next patch ... and saddened that there's still so much that needs work and that England will still suck but not as much as Canada.

That's a bit mean spirited. Only meant in jest. Really, I'm sure the next patch will be awesome. The last few have been.

14. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I should be fiddling with EDR's code too, but no timey yet...

15. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Aristos --- Outch.. but, luckily i have "filled" up some rare spare time with the (now proven to be quite popular!) CHMZ-Enhanced mod.
    I still day-dream of wizardry toys from you though. :smoke:

16. seanos08

seanos08 Monarch

A carbon tax would be an awesome concept. Have a zero, moderate or heavy gold per unit CO2 emitted tax that you can vote on in the World Congress. Also have power plants that can be turned on and off. So you can have low emmissions and production while there is the tax, or to win the climate accords or to conserve fuel, and crank them up to build units and spacecraft projects later.

Pietato likes this.
  17. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Chieftain

a carbon tax is not a solution to anything. humanity wants electricity and our infrastructure is at the moment dependant on oil/coal power. the carbon tax will only help fund research into alternatives. So for the purposes of this game it is irrelavant.

18. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

Untrue. But maybe too off topic here. So just as a minor note: if something gets more expensive (ie. due to taxes) it leads to direct people and economies into alternatives. Can be done even on socially acceptable terms if politicians so wish..

Gamewise it could be a reallocation of money to backward civs (like development aid you know) while giving an incentive to build up cleaner energy solutions which lower your taxes... Like an ecologic rubberband mechanic..

I'm strongly against the option to just disable your power plants to avoid it, though - that indeed would be gamey - just imagine turning off electricity all of a sudden in developed countries. And you could get rid of the consequences of your doings on the first place (which is building those coal plants...)

Pietato and acluewithout like this.
  19. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

False. It would tax the highest CO2 producers and distribute the income to the lowest.

20. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Yes, off-topic. Please keep real-world climate change policy discussions out of this thread (and out of the game forums overall). Feel free take it up in the Off-Topic forum, if you like.

Kjimmet, Duuk and Stilgar08 like this.