Next Playthrough Now? Or After V37?

Many early wonder require caves in the vicinity. As most cities don't have caves, those who do are in luck.
Those wonders obsolete at Sedentary Lifestyle though, so the advantage is limited to a headstart.
Having caves is a small headstart anyway due to the +2 hammers you get from cave dwelling tech.

Plus the cave painting, which lets you "sacrifice" animals (magnifying glass icon) for much more :science: and :culture:.

Ok now that I have TD off and played quite a fair number of playthroughs of the newest crime patch. I have noticed a few things that seem buggy? I am also playing of Diety mode

1 AI tends to get all of the prehistoric Wonders, like the Klasies River Caves wonder, and then runs away with the early game. As in they get to Sedent Lifestyle by the time everyone else is getting Domestication techs. Is this how it is meant to work out? Or are all AI meant to roughly be equal. Score wise the single AI that built all these wonder gets to 150+ when everyone else is at 60ish.

Another thing I have noticed is Master Hunters are no longer needed to build trackers? That seems a bit weird and makes the game a little easier, so to speak.

Lastly Great Generals are not providing any exp.

I replied to this duplicate post in the other thread. ;)

JosEPh

1 AI tends to get all of the prehistoric Wonders, like the Klasies River Caves wonder, and then runs away with the early game. As in they get to Sedent Lifestyle by the time everyone else is getting Domestication techs. Is this how it is meant to work out? Or are all AI meant to roughly be equal. Score wise the single AI that built all these wonder gets to 150+ when everyone else is at 60ish.
The player can compete for those all the same. Some of them are only given to a city that is founded with caves in the vicinity and this is intended to be a severe benefit of such a start. Recently we've made it so that founding a city right on top of those caves and many other features won't destroy the feature immediately either.

Another thing I have noticed is Master Hunters are no longer needed to build trackers? That seems a bit weird and makes the game a little easier, so to speak.
Was making it a little too difficult to get hunting units that could compete with the wild. Was also imbalancing certain regions in terms of the game start power balance. AKA it was easier to get in some regions than others and that was a little unfair.

Lastly Great Generals are not providing any exp.
They absolutely provide exp. But they only provide it to Land Combatant units (soldiers and military). Great hunters when settled provide exp to explorers (scouts and hunters) while admirals provide exp to naval combatants. We'll soon also add Aviators and an Air Combatant combat class for them to add exp to.

I did check the Great Generals even with Clubmen, but they still did not get an instant level up, I have 4 Settled great generals. And that is fine it makes a little sense as to why you would do this, but it makes wanderers and chasers entirely useless to me and maybe you should change the "need master hunter building" for the trackers etc text?

I did check the Great Generals even with Clubmen, but they still did not get an instant level up, I have 4 Settled great generals.
Very strange. Haven't seen this. If you have a save that replicates it, please post the save with the scenario setup to display the problem for us on the next click of the end turn.
maybe you should change the "need master hunter building" for the trackers etc text?
Strategy texts will always be a little out of date in places. If someone wants to dedicate themselves to improving strategy texts, we'd welcome the assistance. As it stands, it's very low priority stuff for the core team modders.

Very strange. Haven't seen this. If you have a save that replicates it, please post the save with the scenario setup to display the problem for us on the next click of the end turn.

Strategy texts will always be a little out of date in places. If someone wants to dedicate themselves to improving strategy texts, we'd welcome the assistance. As it stands, it's very low priority stuff for the core team modders.
Lol yeah I can totally see why changing text would be "not a priority" haha :p just thought something like that may be "confusing" to new players as they will be like? Wait what? I dont need that building? Huh o well :p

But thank you very much for replying. J II told me to clear the cache to see if that fixes it

I'm not sure how that's supposed to work to resolve that but I suppose it could. A recalc is more likely I'd think. But I'm not sure what Joe means when he says to clear the cache as it's something I've never had to do. There used to be a cache for C2C but we no longer use it. I think he's talking about deleting the contents of a cache folder in the original BtS folder somewhere.

I'm not sure how that's supposed to work to resolve that but I suppose it could. A recalc is more likely I'd think. But I'm not sure what Joe means when he says to clear the cache as it's something I've never had to do. There used to be a cache for C2C but we no longer use it. I think he's talking about deleting the contents of a cache folder in the original BtS folder somewhere.

You do not have large Gaps between versions either T-brd. That is why you don't have the need. And the cache that need clearing for v36 users to use the current svn versions is located in the User/local/roaming path Not in C2C or Civ IV and or BtS. I've posted the path in several locations now.

JosEPh

You do not have large Gaps between versions either T-brd. That is why you don't have the need. And the cache that need clearing for v36 users to use the current svn versions is located in the User/local/roaming path Not in C2C or Civ IV and or BtS. I've posted the path in several locations now.

JosEPh
I have to ask... what is that cache cachING exactly? This is a BtS base caching mechanism you're referring to. I'm not sure what you've found this solves so I'm just curious.

I did check the Great Generals even with Clubmen, but they still did not get an instant level up, I have 4 Settled great generals.

Great Generals no longer provide exp to all units only some units.
True but if a clubman (a Combatant) was not getting GG exp, then something is wrong. Maybe I should look into this... a save was posted somewhere round here...

I have to ask... what is that cache cachING exactly? This is a BtS base caching mechanism you're referring to. I'm not sure what you've found this solves so I'm just curious.

Here's my latest cache file you can open it up and see .dat files on handicaps, units, etc etc etc.. If you have been playing v36 official and then upgrade to one of my Full Mod patches for Non SVN users, that cached data will screw up the new game by holding onto out dated stored data. Which I thought you knew already by the way. This same scenario plays out for each Patch I put up after there has been a Save game breaking SVN new version. So for those Non SVN users I have to repeat this every time. And the User Settings Folder has went thru some of the same problems (as having old cache data stored) and starting a new SVN version because some of the BUG settings hold Old outdated data too.

I have a headache now, thanks. :/

JosEPh

Attachments

• cache.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
I'm wondering how using the SVN is getting around this problem for us. When are we 'naturally' clearing cached information or causing the system to trigger to re-cache things?
By setting up a new game, doesn't that naturally clear and reset the user settings?

I'm just growing a little concerned that I'm not sure when this naturally refreshes itself so that guys like me have never had to worry about clearing that cache. Maybe I SHOULD have cleared it at some point here...

Here's my latest cache file you can open it up and see .dat files on handicaps, units, etc etc etc.. If you have been playing v36 official and then upgrade to one of my Full Mod patches for Non SVN users, that cached data will screw up the new game by holding onto out dated stored data. Which I thought you knew already by the way. This same scenario plays out for each Patch I put up after there has been a Save game breaking SVN new version. So for those Non SVN users I have to repeat this every time. And the User Settings Folder has went thru some of the same problems (as having old cache data stored) and starting a new SVN version because some of the BUG settings hold Old outdated data too.

I have a headache now, thanks. :/

JosEPh
Lol sorry Joe. I fixed it after the cache clearing thank you ^^

Ok I have decided to wait till V37 is out to play another LP of this. And yes I will be staying on Diety mode without TD. I will also have the option of Raging Barbarians on. As well as almost all the C2C options turned on. Can anyone think of something they would like me to play with turned on/off in the options as well as maybe a leader? NOT Kim Jon

Also thank you for everyones feedback it is much appreciated and hope to see some of you in my next playthrough. I am always up for having people join me on mic at any point in time

Top Bottom