Next Turn - 50bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne

Emperor
:queen:

175bc - Tax rate changed to 70.30.00 Income $42. Techs 11 turns.

LN starts settlers. Civvium and RC start caravans. CJ archer heads north.

GG caravan arrives at Elysium (trade maxed in GG). $24 plus $1 per turn.

Eboracum founded. Citizens immediately demand flood defenses! ;) . Archer rehomed and caravan started.

Herodotus completes his epic history: Wealthiest Civilizations.
3. Fine Civilization of Vikings
7. Hopeless Civilization of NUF

150bc - Elvis plays LC and Mordhiem.

Roskilde revolts for $154. $44 plundered. Choose Mapmaking over Iron Working. Inherit wounded archer and phalanx. Start settler and hire Elvis to stunt city growth.

125bc - Elvis plays TF

100bc - Nothing!

75bc - BL builds wine caravan (demanded by RC and Elysium). Starts a new caravan.

Elysium build library and starts Marco Polo's

River Bridge City founded. Starts archer.

Tax returned to 30.70.00. Income $25. Techs 6 turns

We've got lots of settlers. I'd like someone to build a boat to take some of these settlers to the islands to the southeast of RC and MD.

My final move before my abdication will be Tuesday 2030GMT (just remembered the clocks go back tonight!).

:queen:

After posting this thread GaryNemo and I had the following conversation. We thought it would be useful to post as a beginning in the discussion of what to do next. You are all welcome to comment!

Session Start (ICQ - 170019615:GaryNemo): Sat Oct 26 21:12:44 2002
[21:12] GaryNemo: Perhaps, we are permittted to chat now? It looks good, too bad I'm working now.
[21:13] Jayne: Very quiet go really
[21:13] Jayne: Most significantly we have Roskilde and Mapmaking
[21:13] GaryNemo: Yes , we have ourselves a Viking City! and the Map Making, they wanted that!
[21:14] GaryNemo: $110 is a very good price. You drive a hard bargain, my Queen!
[21:14] Jayne: :)
[21:14] Jayne: I want to start settling the south east islands
[21:14] GaryNemo: Safe down there, yes. Do we have an exploration department?
[21:15] Jayne: My main problem is cities riotting and I've not managed to predict it
[21:15] Jayne: Exploration - that would be Civ1 at the moment
[21:15] GaryNemo: Sometimes riots can be predicated my micromanagement, sometimes it fools us all.
[21:15] Jayne: I'm sure we've got coastal towns which can swap to boats
[21:16] Jayne: These riots weren't triggered by town growth or settler production, so I'm not sure. I guess it's due to deity!
[21:18] GaryNemo: Before you go, may I post this chat to get the discussion rolling? Or has all of this been covered in your regular turn report?
[21:19] Jayne: Some of it's covered, but post anyway. It'll be a good starting point for discussion.
[21:20] Jayne: Just emphasise that the game was over first!
[21:20] GaryNemo: Ok. Maybe Civvium can build the Trireme? It started a Caravan, iirc.
[21:20] Jayne: Yes, and there's loads of settler down there
[21:21] GaryNemo: Perhap we can turn around the CJ Archer and go meet the boat. We have terrific roads, My Queen.
[21:21] Jayne: Yes. Lots of units in the North now unless that archer sticks with the Dellham settler
[21:22] Jayne: I hired Elvis in Roskilde. It was producing 4 excess food a go. We'd never disband at that rate!
[21:23] Jayne: Perhaps someone will work out if we need to IPRB to make sure we can disband and not stay at the same city size
[21:24] GaryNemo: The Whale is a beastly fast grower, eh? And no forest.
[21:26] Jayne: I've sent the legion further up the peninsula just in case, but I doubt we'll find anything
[21:28] GaryNemo: We also need a replacement Diplomat. Caravans vs Dips depends on when we plan to discover the Science for Cop's, Astronomy. We also need a forecast on that.
[21:29] Jayne: There's a dip in LC. I think construction is almost complete. If we're lucky I think we can have Astro in 12 turns
[21:30] GaryNemo: Wow! If our Royal Science Department believes that, we need Caravans on the double!
We still want to deliver the Demanded Wine, REGIA CIVITAS to Elysium iirc.
[21:31] Jayne: Van on its way to RC as we speak!
[21:33] GaryNemo: Perhaps we'll change all Dip and Archer production to Caravans, except the Civvium or TFalls or BL should still build the Trireme. TFalls would be best, but delayed iirc. Assuming our parth is to explore the SE Islands new RC, then crawl the coast NE.
[21:34] Jayne: Sounds like a good idea. I can sense one of your excellent multiple-guess polls coming along!

[21:39] GaryNemo: I lost my chat buffer in the crashes.
[21:39] Jayne: I still have it. I can post the chat if you like
[21:39] GaryNemo: Do you still have the entire chat visible? It will now be a royal pain for me to post it.
[21:40] Jayne: Yes
[21:40] Jayne: I'm using Trillian so it logs it all in Notepad for me
[21:40] GaryNemo: It would be helpful to post it. Since my ICQ crashed, I don't have the stuff in a window that is easy to use anymore.
[21:41] Jayne: Ok, I'll post
[21:41] GaryNemo: For you, it will be easy, yours has not crashed.
[21:42] Jayne: I'll post now. I should probably be thinking about going to bed now. We may have an extra hour with the clocks going back, but I don't think Lucy will see it that way!! :lol:
[21:43] GaryNemo: Thank you, and Good Night.
[21:43] Jayne: Bye!
[21:45] *** You have been disconnected. Sat Oct 26 21:45:36 2002.
Session Close (GaryNemo): Sat Oct 26 21:45:48 2002

Any questions?

My Queen, I have many questions for our Citizens. What do we now call the filthy Viking encroachment? Will we need a name for our new vessel, a Trireme? Where will we build it, Civvium? And we need a crew. We also must poll the people to name our new River Bridge City, perhaps Monks Towne. We are in a secure position to found many cities. We have settlers arriving constantly at Castle Jayne, and several available Warriors and Archers. We have a New City Plan provided by Rout and Civ1 to refine, prioritize, and ratify.

Assuming we will soon learn of Astronomy, I have prepared the following report, assuming changing several of the Royal Build Q's to develop more Caravans for Wonder construction, all changes bold below. With all the Entertainers, we also need Michelangelo badly, perhaps more Temples. Our Temple program is progressing well, in that our Manufacturing productivity continues to climb, while our revenue and Science are moving along well. I am excited about the the Wine shipment!

50 BC Status: 690,000 people in 18 cities. 217 gold, 30,00,70% With changes marked below: F5 $24 -5, Sci 61 in 6 turns. F11 Mfg=62, Family Size=4.9. One Scientist, and 7 entertainers. NUF is still #1 in Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, and #2 in Population and Family Size. The Indians, with their Pyramids, are becoming a problem.

175BC Status: 620,000 people in 15 cities. 110 gold, 30,00,70% F5 $21 -4, Sci 52 in 6 turns. F11 Mfg=53, Family Size=5.4. One Scientist, optional, and only 2 entertainers. We are still #1 in everything that matters: Population, Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, and #2 in Family Size.

The Road from REGIA CIVITAS to Castle Jayne is completed. Our Northern cities can now ship Caravans down the river to Elysium SSC or REGIA CIVITAS.

Researching Construction (due in about 2 turns), known: Alphabet, Bronze, CBurial, CodeLaws, Currency, HBR - Horse Back Riding, Literacy, Map Making, Masonry, Monarchy, Mysticism, Philosophy, Pottery, Trade, WarriorCode and Writing.

We have no cities that could build anything, but critical build decisions face us in:
  REGIA CIVITAS: another Caravan or Diplomat?
   Fish Serf to Road, then Caravan in 3 turns?
  Civvium: Trireme, Diplomat or Caravan?
  Bedfont Lakes, Freezing growth, Serf to Forest, again recommended.
  Castle Jayne Archers, turn around and board Trireme?
  Reneaux, Temple 34/40 in 2, then Caravan? Diplomat?
  Marl Downs, Temple 30/40 in 4, then Caravan? Diplomat?
  Mordhiemia, Archers 27/30 in 1 or 2, or switch to Caravan instead?
  Octavia's Point, Settlers 33/40 in 3, then Caravan? Temple?
  Gabba Gabba, Archers 25/30 in 1, switch to Caravan instead!
  Legendary City, Archers 29/30 in 1, switch to Caravan instead!
  Move Warrior out of Neuma, serf to Forest, Settlers in 7 before growth.
    Neuma Warrior proceed to River Bridge City? Or Trireme?
  River Bridge, Name? Build Settlers in lieu of Archers?

Our BedFont Lakes Wine Caravan Plan is hatching, Rehome in RC and deliver to Elysium Demand. Other Caravans might all be saved to build our next Wonder, hopefully Copernicus.

Should we maintain 30% Tax and 70% Science? Our Budget is now balanced, we own the Viking City, and can spend whatever we earn while keeping our treasury above $200 gold.

We have 3 Temples and 2 Libraries. Elysium has begun construction of a Wonder.

We own no caravans, are constructing 4 Settlers, 5 Caravans, 2 Archers, and I assume a Trireme in Civvium, although that is all up for discussion. We are building 5 Temples (Reneaux completes in 2 turns).

If you study the download, note I have made several changes in the summary posted above. Others are also warranted, but I have no further time right now.

Roskilde has food 7/30. It is over half corruption. Built 6/40 of Settler, so IPRB=10 $8 , assuming our plan is to build a Settler. Then two more turns, 16/40, so IPRB=20 $8 and so on. It will work. The city contains our wounded None Chariot, also a Phx and Archer. Which one moves, to where?

Perhaps the Phx moves East, to guard the founding of some key city by the Dellham Settler moving North? Btw, Dellham is 21/40 Temple in 7. By moving the Archer guard out we can dump Elvis, work the Plains River, and complete the Temple in 5 turns.

I'd like the CJ Archers to turn around, march due South to the River. That assumes our Foreign Advisor wants the Trireme built in his home town, glorious Civvium. Purpose: to explore the S and SE ocean. Civvium is 25/50, so with IPRB=30 $11 it can complete our First Trireme in 2 turns.

We are down to one Diplomat, presently in LC. Suggest it go meet the Trireme ASAP. Reneaux will complete its Temple in 2 turns; suggest moving Serf to Oasis for quicker growth to Size=3, then work the Wine Mine and complete a Diplomat in 6 turns (or fewer with $11 once or again).

Just confirming, I thought the rough idea was to have Roskilde build a settler, found a nearby city where we would want one, transfer the units currently homed in Roskilde to the new city, then disband Roskilde. Right?

That's what I thought. Keep a unit not supported by Roskilde there until we disband to prevent the Vikings exacting revenge.

Could someone work out how long it would take to disband Roskilde totally, and do we need to regularly throw money at the problem to prevent Roskilde growing again?

On another note, does Queen Jayne's early abdication mean I get to be King for a few days?

As the good Duke says, I will continue to serve my people until the end of my term. As StevieP's exclusive news article said, my abdication reflects my intention to reject my nomination for a second term as Queen.

On a less important note, I would like to see us not rename captured cities like in the previous game.

So, would you consider the rebuilding of Roskilde as a new city or only as a captured one ?

New-Roskilde or Roskilde ?

IMO, I always give my own touch to the name of captured towns ; latin, french, martian or any language I'm using...

We need to throw IPRB at the Roskilde Settler. We can afford it, and I suspect we must. We will have other money available for little efficiency details, to expedite the Trireme, and to expedite Caravans.

Two crucial questions (which I believe are Not My Department):

Where will we explore, so where to build the Trireme? Civvium?

How soon do we forecast Astronomy? That will tell me how $much to press for caravans over all other matters. Deliver the one Wine Trade caravan, then stockpile all others.

I'll be vacationing in Little Nemo until those matters are planned.
Even in 50BC, we have internet there, so ICQ me any time!

Since we know where to find vikings and indians, I think we should avoid peaceful expanding towards them. The vikings did not seem to be very fond of us, and there's no reason to think the indians will enjoy us sharing their lands with them. We probably will have to take these lands with violence. I think we should seek land to east and south.
Maybe we should make contact with the indians and see if we can emigrate a few of our citizens to their continent as a base for war in the future. I like to have a well-protected base close to my enemies from where I can launch an attack.:)
Stilll, this is not my department either...

Whooo yeah great stuff guys![dance] :viking: :hammer:
I like the idea of exploration in the SE and would like to see a couple of triemes to explore/ferry units.
Also, would a couple of horsemen be possible? they make exploration much easier.

Are we to contact the vikings? we are in no situation to keep a war effort up just yet (not enough units, no clear picture of their land, risky situation in roskilde), and they may be willing to sue for peace/ceasefire now weve nicked a city.

we can build a boat up there later to have a nosey round and spot chance for future invasion, but we dont want to be sending triemes up while we are at war as they will be lost easily.

Now Duke, you want my chats, and now you want me to post everyone else's polls? I may run again for Domestic Advisor, and I feel my colleagues are very qualified to do their own work!

Btw, I have been a good boy lately, right?

I see you, willemvanoranje and I am thrilled you might help us!
Our fundamental rules, links and such were posted recently in "Explications in French".

Originally posted by GaryNemo
Now Duke, you want my chats, and now you want me to post everyone else's polls? I may run again for Domestic Advisor, and I feel my colleagues are very qualified to do their own work!

No, I don't expect people to post polls for other departments, but discussions can certainly be had about any aspect of the game by any citizen. I don't want people to avoid posting their ideas about a topic simply becasue the appropriate department hasn't started the discussion.

I don't want nor expect you handle every aspect of the game. ;)

I notice the server will be down tomorrow evening. I'm assuming that's US time, and should still be up when I play. But, just in case, don't leave it too late to post instructions!!!

Shall I assume we'll build 1 Trireme in Civvium?
Shall we bend all effort to building Cop's in Elysium in 12 turns?

Assuming that, would you like a poll on Domestic Issues?

Ok for this first Trireme based in Civvium.
Then, send back some settlers in the South
And go on for visiting SE island...

A poll would be helpful. Also, there's lots of settlers which either need a destination (build cities, boarding boats) or a task. Maybe Governers Serutan and MonkE could look at their own settlers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom