Nfl 2006

Comparing Portis to Holmes is not right...Portis is alot younger and this is his first real injury. He is scheduled to start the opener still isnt he?

Duckett cant hold a candle to Portis' production. If he was great, he would have been starting over Dunn by now.

I guess Lelie going to the Falcons is ok, but the Falcons where the only team to run more than the Broncos last year...have fun being a 800 yard reciever as a number 1 :p

Except Lelie is projected to be Atlanta's #3...

Henson may end up being traded rather than released.

He is a big cap hit (3.5 mil I think).

Yea, but who is going to trade for him?

Lelie should start over Roddy White...Michael Jenkins has looked good, no way he falls below second on the depth chart though.

Zarn said:
Henson may end up being traded rather than released.

He is a big cap hit (3.5 mil I think).

I see where it's all guaranteed, no ones taken that when they can get it for free in a few days.

Yeah, they just released him. Bad move on Parcells' part. He should not have said anything, but he said something to get Henson's hopes up that he would get a fresh start. Then, he just released him. It is cruel, and it doesn't help the team.

Zarn said:
Yeah, they just released him. Bad move on Parcells' part. He should not have said anything, but he said something to get Henson's hopes up that he would get a fresh start. Then, he just released him. It is cruel, and it doesn't help the team.

Why is it cruel? He would've been an extreme bench-warmer for the team.

Serutan said:
Except Lelie is projected to be Atlanta's freebie...

Lelie playing for free?

2006 salary:
100,000 offseason workout bonus
600,000 salary
-------------------
$700,000

2006 fines:
No show for off season workouts -100,000
no show mini camp-11,000
holdout {14,000 per day} 378,000
lost prorated bonus-611,000
------------------------------
minus $400,000!!!!!!!!!!

AlCosta said:
Why is it cruel? He would've been an extreme bench-warmer for the team.

It's cruel, because Henson thought he was getting a fresh start with another team, only to be let go with nothing going for him.

BP made it look like a trade was in process, which was a mean trick to play for no real reason (never was a trading partner). Every Cowboy fan knows BP did not like him at all.

Zarn said:
It's cruel, because Henson thought he was getting a fresh start with another team, only to be let go with nothing going for him.

BP made it look like a trade was in process, which was a mean trick to play for no real reason (never was a trading partner). Every Cowboy fan knows BP did not like him at all.

If somebody would've traded for him, I'm sure somebody will pick hum up. Somebody's got to need a decent back-up, like Minnesota, their starter is Brad Johnson.

AlCosta said:
Wait, I forgot who your starting QB is? Oh, wait, it's Brad Johnson, the old dinosaur. :p

Talk all you like, my friend, but I'd take Johnson over Brunell any day of the week...
Last year clearly showed that Johnson is a reliable QB, without spectacular arm strength or vision, but he doesn't make a lot of costly errors and he's got plenty of experience.
Brunell on the other hand clearly ran out of gas in the second half of the season, so I really wonder if he's not at the end of the career.

last year:
Brunell: 16 games (15 starts), 3050 yds, completion percentage: 57.7 (262 completions-454 attempts), with 23 TD, 10 INT, 11 fumbles (6 lost), rating: 85.9
Johnson: 15 games (9 starts), 1885 yds, completion percentage: 62.6 (184 completions-294 attempts), with 12 TD, 4 INT, 5 fumbles (3 lost), rating: 88.9

Seems to me like Johnson ain't so bad after all...

Serutan said:
Except Lelie is projected to be Atlanta's #3...

Number 3 WR, but number 5 option (Crumpler and Dunn).

Top Bottom