NFL 2008 Post-Season

It's true Romo is not wholly to blame, but given the er, um, "tackling" displayed, the defense has to shoulder some blame, too.

It's true Romo is not wholly to blame, but given the er, um, "tackling" displayed, the defense has to shoulder some blame, too.

On the first drive, and especially on the 52-yard TD, absolutely. And also late in the first half. But in the second half, I thought the tackling was pretty OK...

Yeah, i think the Romo haters are just jealous that he's hitting a hot babe, AND TO on a slant route.

Someone is just jealous that TO is more loyal to Romo & the Cowboys than he ever was too McNabb & the Eagles ;)

And when Romo starts throwing up on the last drive or throws a stinker up like the Bucs/Panthers playoff games...then I guess we can talk about blowing it.
heh, no jealousy dude. can't stand either of them really...

btw, when the cowpokes finally win a playoff game - sometime in, say, the next decade or so - then you can can talk smack. until then, the dallas football team are a bunch of choke artists :) and great ones, too! :lol:

Yeah, i think the Romo haters are just jealous that he's hitting a hot babe, AND TO on a slant route.

I don't think we're going to be jealous of getting a Lachey or Mayer STD though. If I was Tony Romo, I'd be jealous of Eli Manning, or Rex Grossman. At least they've won them when it counts most. We got 1 fumble last year and an INT this year, what's next year?

I don't think Romo was that bad. Dallas as a whole played a pretty poor game and the Giants D was running the show at the end there. Romo actually made some good plays that game.

Grossman's SB performance, on the other hand, was a failure of epic proportions. It basically ended his career, and it's not like he was ever really that good to begin with.

Grossman's SB line: 1TD, 2 INT (1 returned for a TD) and 2 fumbles on the snap. Ouch. You've got to really try pretty hard to screw up that badly.

Yes but grossman is great when he's good. Neither of them are consistent.

heh, no jealousy dude. can't stand either of them really...

btw, when the cowpokes finally win a playoff game - sometime in, say, the next decade or so - then you can can talk smack. until then, the dallas football team are a bunch of choke artists :) and great ones, too! :lol:

Philadelphia has taken choking to a level only the Buffalo Bills have reached :lol:

I suppose Philly fans can talk smack when they win a Superbowl? And who lost three NFC Championship games in a row?

One was too a team that had never won a game where the temperature was cold...the next year it was to a team they were heavily favored to beat...and when they finally make it, their leader throws up on the final drive.

Maybe the Cowboys have choked the last two years, but the Eagles have made a franchise out of it :lol:

Were there questions about Barber not being able to start? And does this mean the end of J. Jones in Dallas?

There had been a few. Hopefully this means we won't trade the farm for McFadden now.

JJ has been gone for a while

Oy, and now it looks like the Chargers are smack talking.

Maybe the bears can pick up J. Jones. We had his bro and him and benson were great as a team.

Speaking of chokers, when Norv Freaking Turner can win playoff games with
a team that Marty couldn't...

I hate to inundate this thread with more Cowboys news but...Jason Garrett is staying! He is now the highest payed assistant in the NFL, but who cares, this keeps some continuity! :party:

Rivers & Gates did not practice, but they are likely a go. Tomlinson is also a go. They are going to need an epic gutsy performance to pull this one out...

I hate to inundate this thread with more Cowboys news but...Jason Garrett is staying! He is now the highest payed assistant in the NFL, but who cares, this keeps some continuity! :party:

What's the over/under in Vegas for how long it is before Wade is fired?

Smart move by Garrett.

That will give him time to grow as a play-caller. IMHO he needs that. He's got a very bright future ahead of him (potentially also as a head coach), but he's not ready yet. He messed up the play calling in his first really big game (second half against the Giants)...

The last time a team made an assistant the highest-paid assistant in the league, the offense was terrible. :mischief:

Great, now I have no one to root for.

Top Bottom