[nfl] Is the "punishment" for a injury time out enough?

What punishment should there be for injury timeout?

• It needs to increase to loss of the player for the game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SerriaFox

King
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rams-LB-says-Fewell-coaches-players-to-fake-injuries.html

The St. Louis Rams are still buzzing about the New York Giants stopping the clock by allegedly faking injuries in the game Monday night at MetLife Stadium.

Rams linebacker Bryan Kehl says it’s something Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell teaches, a rather serious accusation.

Giants safety Deon Grant and linebacker Jacquian Williams went down on the same play to stop the clock as the Rams ran their no-huddle offense in the first half Monday night. The Rams have asked the NFL to look into the matter, but it’s one that will be very difficult to prove.

“Perry Fewell coaches that," Kehl told Howard Balzer from ESPN 101. “He's their DC (defensive coordinator). He coaches that.”

Kehl spent some time playing under Fewell for the Giants previously. But if the players involved don’t admit to something, again, it’s going to be next to impossible to prove.

The NFL sent a memo to its 32 teams this week reiterating what is acceptable. The memo made it clear fines and suspensions could comes for players and coaches involved in such acts and teams could be stripped of draft picks.

“Going forward, be advised that should the league office determine that there is reasonable cause, all those suspected of being involved in faking injuries will be summoned promptly to this office,” the memo read, per Balzer. “Those found to be violators will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the game.”

Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune

I didn't see the game, but it makes me think does the NFL need to increase the "punishment" (the loss of the player for one down), need to be increased?

Losing the player for the possession seems fair I think. We don't want players flopping and stalling like they do in soccer.

Top Bottom