Night of the Werewolves XXXIV: Chronomancy (Game Thread)

Base it off a real game, like civ III.

Civ 4 would be more appropriate.

What do I ſee in your ſignature, choxorn? All thoſe ſtories and tales, ſucceſsion games... all of them are civ3... bootlicker! you, ſir, are a knave *challenge* ſwords at dusk, thou knave!!

Roughing through an ended engagement, extreme sudden crippling debt, and struggling with gathering enough money to actually eat.

Consider this game dead. I don't even have the internet at my place anymore, and I posted this from my phone.

:( :cry: You've just had the worst luck in the world this month. I hope things turn out alright for you.

You really had a rough month :( Hope this is the end and things will only go better for you from now on.

Ouch, that is some damn bad luck there. I guess only thing we can do is wish you luck and good fortune.

Sorry to hear that TFA.
Landlubber is doing finishing touches right now on an NOTW that should be ready for sign-ups in a week or two.
I was a scum again. Here are my role PM and my team's PM
Spoiler :

(I tried three different ways of assigning roles and it had you as scum all three times. Lulzy huh?)

You are the Archaeologist

Race: Male Kuriotates Human
Alignment: Neutral
Strength: 1
Faction: Chronomancer
Item: Deepvision Goggles (This item has a limited number of uses [3]. By expending a charge on this item, you may pick 5 numbers between 1 and 100 and scan those plots on the excavation grid to see if they are empty or not. This item may be used during any phase.) [Head Slot]
Income: 2 gold/turn

As a child of an exiled Amurite mage and a Kuriotates noble, you have long had access to whatever knowledge you wished – and still it did not soothe your quench to know the unknown. One the legitimate side of your dealings, you took to archaeology – it allowed you to unearth knowledge nobody alive still knew. On the forbidden side, you began to dabble in time magic under the careful eye of your father, learning the basics of Chronomancy to aid your search for knowledge.

Teaming up with the others you have met in your lessons, you journeyed here with your archaeology credentials to head the scientific expedition – your true goal, however, is to unearth the secrets of this ancient empire. You have already deduced from the artifacts unearthed that these were powerful Chronomancers, and perhaps you can learn from their mistakes…

Ability: Stasis – You have the ability to place someone in a stasis using expensive magical components. By expending 10 gold, you can freeze someone in time for a whole phase. They cannot vote, activate any items, or use any abilities, but they can still win item votes and be lynched. This is an Any Phase ability.
Personal Goal: Use your stasis ability to freeze someone the phase they were going to kill you. If you succeed on this difficult goal, you might just unlock more magical secrets during the height of the moment and the euphoria after surviving the attack.

The last words of your fallen Archmagus - TheForestAuro - echo in your head. Kill them all! They can't be allowed to know our secrets!

You spend a solemn evening together after the others have gone to bed and agree on one thing - the rest of this expedition must be terminated, lest your art be exposed to the public once more. It is an unfortunate thing that must occur, but with the Amurites wielding great power, there would be little hope for the return of a respected school of Time Magic

You are encouraged to set up a Quicktopic to chronicle your conversations for my prying eyes

TEAM VICTORY CONDITION – Your strength must be higher than all other players combined to gain a victory.

TEAM ABILITY – End of The Line: Your control over time and space is unmatched. Every night, you may concentrate on one individual, and that individual will be horrified to find themselves aging at a rate fast enough to kill them by the morning. They will be dead before the sun rises.

Only one Chronomancer may have this ability at a time. The Historian, Nictel, starts with this ability, and will have it until he is dead. You will then need to vote on who will receive it next. This ability will replace any ability that the new owner of it had before.

The archaeologist was a chronomancer? Well, if anyone was, it would be the historian and the other time-related jobs :D

Auto was scum again? I think that's the 5th time in a row. :lol: So, who else was scum, aside from Nictel and Stuck in Pi?

Since we're giving out PMs, here's mine. I didn't really do much at all and was rather boring. Oh well, next time.

Spoiler :
You are the Healer!

Race: Male Ljosalfar Elf
Alignment: Good
Faction: Innocent
Item: Enchanted Elven Cloak (+1 Strength) [Back Slot]

You are a healer; a priest of the Fellowship of Leaves, trained in the medical arts. You were sent along this expedition primarily to examine any bodies that were unearthed beneath these hills, but it seems that your abilities to heal the injured and soothe the dying might come in greater use than you ever feared they might.

As a healer, though, you will not shirk from your duty. It is important that nobody be left to suffer, not even those that would seek to end your or any other’s lives. If one must die, then make it a quick death.

Ability: Healing Touch – You can choose one of the following; Cure a disease, Neutralize a Poison, or Heal an Injury. This is an Any Phase ability. This ability takes one day to recharge.
Personal Goal: Healing is your forte; it is also your passion. If you can heal three individuals you will be able to use all three effects of your healing at once.

I never told a single lie this game. :smug:

Same but boy it was frustrating, sorry for our antagonism too. Didn't have much to say before anyway, my next thing would have been announcing I'd keep all public thread stuff of mine to like single sentences from then out, and anyway now I guess the background on roles speaks for themselves. Didn't have any really good guesses on Mafia and not sleuthing on my own except from some talks with likely Dwarven Supremacists (who I'm guessing were a Mafia faction, but maybe not exactly, dunno) Still interesting and fun while it lasted I guess. I do wonder how much "racism"/hatred of my character was mentioned in my ally's PM, but anyway it became quite obvious it was intended our characters hated each other/had mutually exclusive personal goals.

Spoiler :
TheForestAuro said:
You are the Caravan Worker!

Race: Male Hippus Half-Orc
Strength: 2
Faction: Caravan / Innocent
Item: Backpack (You can hide an item in the backpack; it can’t be scanned by others.) [Back Slot]
Income: 3 gold/turn

As the hardworking, stuff-lifting, sweat-breaking member of your caravan, you recognize that this whole operation would fall apart without your constant toil. You’re quite clever – contrary to assumptions made about you because of your heritage – and you actually enjoy a hard day’s work.

What you don’t enjoy is how the Caravan Guard gets paid almost as much as you do for doing absolutely nothing. The last time the Caravan was attacked by bandits, he shot one guy and you beat the other three down with your own two hands. How is that fair?

You do recognize that teamwork is necessary for surviving dangerous situations, but you wouldn’t mind getting your hands on that crossbow and seeing how useful he really is without it.

Ability: Heavy Lifting – You can use two-handed weapons in one hand.
Personal Goal: Get your hands on the blasted guard’s crossbow. You think you might be able to renegotiate his salary and yours if you could just show that damn driver he’s dead weight.

Spoiler :
TheForestAuro said:
You are in the Caravan Faction!

Welcome to the Caravan Faction! You are a band of lively merchants that intends to make a giant ton of cash off of the things dead people managed to keep in once piece after their civilization fell apart!

You didn’t really expect this whole “insane time mage” thing to crop up, and you’re legitimately cautious about getting stuck in a time bubble (or something like that), but money is money and it doesn’t really matter how you get it as long as YOU’RE not the one breaking what amounts to your flimsy moral codes.

It’s a simple job. Get in, do some business, make some money, and get out.

TEAM ITEM – THE VAULT: As a team, you possess an unbreakable vault in the main wagon. During the morning or afternoon phases any one of you may deposit money into the vault, and it will forever remain there – nobody can take it from you, but you’ll not be able to get it out until you get back home.

TEAM VICTORY CONDITION – GET RICH OR DIE TRYING: By gathering 1000 gold pieces in your vault, you will have made enough money to retire for a little while from this sort of business, and all of you will be able to live in luxury for the rest of your lives (or at least until next quarter). By completing this victory condition, you will leave the rest of the expedition to their fates and gain a victory. Alternatively, you can win with the innocent team.

TEAM ABILITY – MONEY IS POWER: By expending 100 gold from the vault (which requires a majority decision by your team), you may permanently increase the strength of any one of your teammates.

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/4WVMtPumcyFX
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/yWM6tQ8q2NLt

Also of course I hope for the very best for TFA, wish things work out well and sorry about the rough luck.

Yes we; Autolycus, J-man, Kennigit, Takhisis and myself, were the time-wizards :king:

This game was really looking to be awesome, I hope we can attempt it again in the future.

ROLE PM:
Spoiler :
TheForestAuro said:
You are the Historian!

Race: Male Amurite Human
Alignment: Evil
Item: Marble Hourglass (This is a one-use item. When you activate this item, the phase you are currently in will continue as normal and all end-of-phase actions will occur. You will get to see the result of all such occurrences. However, time will reset, and all such actions will be undone, and the phase will start over as if it had never happened.)

They say that history has a funny way of repeating itself. As a historian, you have seen these patterns and chuckled to yourself, knowing that time was not as fluid and unshakable as it seemed. You have long been a hidden student of those same arts that now are persecuted amongst the magical community, but you know full well that the secret to life itself lies in Chronomancy.

You’re actually several hundred years old. Your studies extended all the way through the Age of Ice and back to the Age of Magic, where you first became interested as a young Amurite adept. Since then, your power has grown considerably, and with the death of the Archmagus TheForestAuro, you are now surely the most powerful Chronomancer alive.

And you won’t let anything stop you from continuing your research now.

Ability: End of The Line – Your control over time and space is unmatched. Every night, you may concentrate on one individual, and that individual will be horrified to find themselves aging at a rate fast enough to kill them by the morning. They will be dead before the sun rises.
Personal Goal: Use your Marble Hourglass to reverse your own death. Your power over time will be complete after that, and you will gain considerable new powers.

TEAM PM:
Spoiler :
TheForestAuro said:
You are in the Chronomancer Faction!

The last words of your fallen Archmagus - TheForestAuro - echo in your head. Kill them all! They can't be allowed to know our secrets!

You spend a solemn evening together after the others have gone to bed and agree on one thing - the rest of this expedition must be terminated, lest your art be exposed to the public once more. It is an unfortunate thing that must occur, but with the Amurites wielding great power, there would be little hope for the return of a respected school of Time Magic

You are encouraged to set up a Quicktopic to chronicle your conversations for my prying eyes ;)

TEAM VICTORY CONDITION –
Your strength must be higher than all other players combined to gain a victory.

TEAM ABILITY – End of The Line: Your control over time and space is unmatched. Every night, you may concentrate on one individual, and that individual will be horrified to find themselves aging at a rate fast enough to kill them by the morning. They will be dead before the sun rises.

Only one Chronomancer may have this ability at a time. The Historian, Nictel, starts with this ability, and will have it until he is dead. You will then need to vote on who will receive it next. This ability will replace any ability that the new owner of it had before.

QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/6a2WJ4enZgu

OH and this little gem we found:
Spoiler :
Dark Broadsword (+1 Strength, if you are attacked while wielding this blade your attacker will die as well.) [Two-handed Slot]

My hope was to either never be detected or if it would happen: I would turn back time to prevent my lynch (and gain new powers!), then takhisis would speed up time to prevent any lynch from happening. Then hopefully a vigilante would attack me at night and die him/herself. :cool:

Here is my PM
Spoiler :
You are the Caravan Driver!

Race: Female Hippus Human
Factions: Caravan / Innocent
Item: Horse Whip (+1 Strength) [One-Handed Slot]

Business is business in these parts; whether it be with the Khazad, the Luchuirp, both of them at once, or with forbidden Chronomancers. As the leader of these motley crew of merchants, it’s your job to make sure the coin keeps flowing and the goods keep going! Although you intend to keep your business open as long as possible, you aren’t greedy enough to get stupid – at the first sign of real trouble you’ll book it from here.

After all, there’s plenty of customers in plenty of places. No need to get killed over a few extra coins.

Ability: Buyer’s Market – You can turn items directly into gold by selling them to a merchant, who stops by every day just before dark. You can do this to an unlimited number of items per turn, and with the permission of the other members of your caravan, you can convert their items directly into gold for them as well. This is an Afternoon Phase ability.

Personal Goal: Amass 200 gold pieces in your personal care. If you do so, you will have made enough that you can leave at any time and earn a personal victory, although you will be forced to leave your fellow caravan members behind.

With the caravan worker dead I was going to go for my own personal goal and try and get as many items as possible and sell them and get enough money to be able to leave the game. Had the caravan worker still been alive I would have tried for my team goal.

Speaking of mafia games, go to remake20s game. It's about to launch.

Or my game in the future. Both will be excellent and fun.

Hey Nictel, I dug up that broad sword :mad:

Role PM:

Spoiler :
NotW XXXIV: Role PM (Elder)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the Elder!

Race: Male Luchuirp Dwarf
Item: Ironwood Staff (+1 Strength, +15% chance to resist an unclean lynch) [Two-Handed Slot]
Income: 7 gold/turn

Your body is the home to a terrible secret – the effects of unchecked Chronomancy gone awry. You are not much older than some of the workers here, but your body was irreparably tainted by an overflow of time magic during your first few months of study and now ages at quadruple the rate of normal dwarves. In turn, you found that the forbidden art comes to you much easier than others.

Perhaps you can do something to advance the school before you die. Or at least, stop this disaster from damning it forever.

Ability: Accelerate – Because of your dabblings in Time Magic, you have learned how to dramatically speed up time. By expending 20 gold in expensive magical components, you may half the time to the next update. This ability takes 3 days to recharge once used.
Personal Goal: Because of the limited time available to you, you’ve taken to extreme recklessness. Your personal goal is to be the victim of an unclean lynch. Completing this goal

So, I didn't actually have a beard. Nor was I an elder. I just put the beard in my first post and found it funny enough, so as a pet project I included it in every PM/post here. I never included my old saying, "time heals all wounds, time grows all beards." Of course, I control that time ;)

But very fun game. Takhisis stole my kitteh I showed to him as good luck on his exams. And the graph continues (always kill takhisis first people! Seriously, it's been like 4 games in a row):

And finally, it was my goal to suffer an unclean lynch, so I needed items to boost my strength. I was trying to be active and silly to get suspicion. Lies about "my hands aren't what they used to be--just can't dig as much anymore--but my beard gets a good tingling around spots my old experienced eyes thinks has something." And if I died I wanted the town to remove a fake beard from me.

What I told Renata was true about the plant fossil.

You are the Botanist!

Race: Female Luchuirp Dwarf
Alignment: Good
Faction: Innocent
Item: Wand of Thorns (+1 Strength) [One-Handed Slot]

You were sent with the expedition on the official pretense that you would study and contribute your academic knowledge in the case that plant fossils were unearthed, but this is but a guise for your true intentions. It is no secret that the respective authorities in Khazad and Luchuirp lands are uneasy about the teamwork being displayed in this ancient hall, and you are here to keep an eye on proceedings and report back to your higher-ups if anything goes awry with the Khazad.

You are intrigued about the recent mess with the Chronomancers, and as a mage you can’t help but wonder about time magic and its possible uses. If one could turn back time, how would our world be different? Your fantasies, however, are just that – you know the dangers that such magic represents, and are dedicated to ensuring that the Chronomancers be stopped here.

Ability: Size-Up – Not only do you have a keen eye, you’re a Body Mage. Every night you can perform a short ritual before you sleep and figure out exactly how strong one person is. This is a Night-Phase ability.
Personal Goal: Although you’re not actually here to be a botanist, it is still a legitimate interest for you. If a plant fossil does manage to find its way into the group, you’re pretty sure you could work some magic to bring it back to life. Posses a Plant Fossil to complete your Personal Goal.

My role PM:

Spoiler :
You are the Worker!

Race: Male Clan of Embers Goblin
Alignment: Evil
Strength: 1(2)
Faction: Undecided
Item: Goblin Eye-Poker (+1 Strength)[One-Handed Slot]
Income: 1 gold/turn

Unlike the Laborer, you were never really raised under the watchful eye of Kilmorph and her tenants glorifying hard work with little pay. In fact, you were raised under a notably different cultural norm that states “he who gets the most from the least amount of work is surely a wise man.” So far, this expedition hasn’t been going well for you. You don’t get paid squat, you do really hard work, everyone hates you because you’re a goblin, and now there’s crazy murderers running around.

You think you’d rather be with the murderers.

Ability: Copycat – You’re a quick learner. In fact, you’re a really good learner. If you can survive someone using an ability on you, you can replicate that ability once. If an ability is used on you multiple times, then you can use it (in turn) multiple times.
Personal Goal: Survive. You can win with any faction as long as you’re alive when that faction wins. Your strength counts towards the faction with the highest strength.

Top Bottom