NiGHTS: Bug Reports

In that case I better exploit it while it lasts and crush everyone in the world, laughing like an evil maniac ....

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!! Denounce me after I save your ass from Russia Napoleon?

For some reason I am not able to build the Inn (still v11.2). I know there is a "anti-requirement" between Inn, Stronghold, Cathedral etc. I can build the Stronghold and others however, but for some reason the Inn is greyed out. (Of course I didn't build any of the other buildings that are not allowed).

Attachments

• NiGHTS-mod-issues-(12-01-11)_inn.jpg
    NiGHTS-mod-issues-(12-01-11)_inn.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 59
For some reason I am not able to build the Inn (still v11.2). I know there is a "anti-requirement" between Inn, Stronghold, Cathedral etc. I can build the Stronghold and others however, but for some reason the Inn is greyed out. (Of course I didn't build any of the other buildings that are not allowed).

Looking over the xml - turns out I forgot to remove, (or forgot to list, depending on how you look at it), that you need at least 5 Cities to build an Inn. This'll still be in v11.3, but for v11.4 I'll make sure to remove this requirement as it was in place prior to the Stonghold/Cathedral restrictions.

So I just discovered the mod, it looked awesome. But as I started playing, the bottom left units menu was missing...which makes the game practically unplayable. Any idea what that could be?

Vannilla mod's menu is still playable..

So I just discovered the mod, it looked awesome. But as I started playing, the bottom left units menu was missing...which makes the game practically unplayable. Any idea what that could be?

Vannilla mod's menu is still playable..

This could be caused by a lot of things... For starters, do you have any other mods active? If so, disable them - then go through these install instructions if you already haven't.

Note that the following locations could differ depending on where you've installed CIV V.
1. Delete your cache folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
2. Delete the contents of the ModUserData folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData
3. Verify your cache and defrag your CIV V files through Steam (right click, properties, local files, verify integrity.
4. Make sure your game is up to date with the December 2011 patch!

After completing these steps, that particular bug should disappear. :)

Oriental Pearl Tower is missing it's graphic that pops up when it's constructed.

I think ancient ruins may be bugged when it comes to cash, as I've run into a bunch and not received anything that I can detect.

Oriental Pearl Tower is missing it's graphic that pops up when it's constructed.

Yep - I'll make sure this is back in. Every update I end up consolidating/compressing more and more art files to keep the size of the mod under 10mb, and sometimes I miss a few. :crazyeye:

I think ancient ruins may be bugged when it comes to cash, as I've run into a bunch and not received anything that I can detect.

Is this with v11.3? I've gotten gold in mine and haven't had issues yet. Did you check if maybe you got culture? (As there isn't a culture text pop-up and this makes it seem like you didn't get anything sometimes).

Ok so here my playtesting of v11.3. First of all, it feels much more balanced and is a lot more challenging then the previous versions. In my first game I felt like one of those pity civs that fall back very early and just don't catch up any more ;)

I noticed a few bugs/issues in my games:

You have to finish your Wonders in time (where you need a specific Government as requirement), while that Government is still active. (Tower of Babel -> Feudalism) This was very frustrating in one of my games because I just had two turns left, then my Goverment ended and next turn my Wonder dissapeared from the production list without any notification. Is this intended? Because ten turns to finish a Wonder is a bit though sometimes.

This is just a minor issue: The tech info-popup for Archers states that it is a Classical Era unit, but its Ancient ;)

The Swordsmen I get from plundered barbarian camps just have one movement point. It is quite boring to move them across the map. ^^

The Drama tech has optional prereqs with that nice :c5science: icon before it, but then I should be able to research it after researching Aesthetics? This doesn't work (see screenshot 1).

The Colosseum does not give :c5culture: per :c5citizen:.

The cultural revolutions system is a bit weird now (Screenshot 2). In that game one of the three civs, Alexander, Caesar and Harun, always got the revolution one turn after it finished. Even though I had "0 turns remaining", I never got one in ~10 consecutive revolution races. The culture needed should be ten times more than what it currently is in my opinion.

The notification icon for Nazca Lines is the same as... a different Wonder, forgot the name. Same with Phalanx (Worker icon).

My Lancer units did not get any special Promotions from policies/buildings. Isn't it considered as melee unit?

I also would suggest to add/change more Wonders to give :c5science::c5greatperson:. I hardly ever get Scientists, there are too much Engineer points from Wonders to get anything else.

Ok thats it for now. I hope I am not too annoying with all the reports :D

Attachments

• tech-drama-prereqs.jpg
    tech-drama-prereqs.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 60
  • culture-revolutions.jpg
    culture-revolutions.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 76
Ok so here my playtesting of v11.3. First of all, it feels much more balanced and is a lot more challenging then the previous versions. In my first game I felt like one of those pity civs that fall back very early and just don't catch up any more ;)

I noticed a few bugs/issues in my games:

You have to finish your Wonders in time (where you need a specific Government as requirement), while that Government is still active. (Tower of Babel -> Feudalism) This was very frustrating in one of my games because I just had two turns left, then my Goverment ended and next turn my Wonder dissapeared from the production list without any notification. Is this intended? Because ten turns to finish a Wonder is a bit though sometimes. I've also found a small bug regarding CR's which is making the progress bars continue to fill up - will be fixed in v11.4.

This is just a minor issue: The tech info-popup for Archers states that it is a Classical Era unit, but its Ancient ;)

The Swordsmen I get from plundered barbarian camps just have one movement point. It is quite boring to move them across the map. ^^

The Drama tech has optional prereqs with that nice :c5science: icon before it, but then I should be able to research it after researching Aesthetics? This doesn't work (see screenshot 1).

The Colosseum does not give :c5culture: per :c5citizen:.

The cultural revolutions system is a bit weird now (Screenshot 2). In that game one of the three civs, Alexander, Caesar and Harun, always got the revolution one turn after it finished. Even though I had "0 turns remaining", I never got one in ~10 consecutive revolution races. The culture needed should be ten times more than what it currently is in my opinion.

The notification icon for Nazca Lines is the same as... a different Wonder, forgot the name. Same with Phalanx (Worker icon).

My Lancer units did not get any special Promotions from policies/buildings. Isn't it considered as melee unit?

I also would suggest to add/change more Wonders to give :c5science::c5greatperson:. I hardly ever get Scientists, there are too much Engineer points from Wonders to get anything else.

Ok thats it for now. I hope I am not too annoying with all the reports :D

Thanks for the feedback Kirschi - there can never be too many bug fixes. :)

The Government ending / Wonders being removed from the queue is on purpose, which is why the Wonders in question now have a lower build cost. At the same time, they represent more of the powerful wonders in the game, and as such - the Government time-restriction is an attempt to make them more difficult to build, (as I found players usually went for most of these). The CR UI will also be fixed for v11.4, as there's a few settings I forgot to tweak when adjusting culture for v11.3. (Even though it says 0 turns, other players are still ahead of you - the UI just isn't updating properly).

The Archer tool-tip will be fixed. :crazyeye:

The Barb Swordsman having 1 movement is also on purpose, as otherwise I'd have to reduce their strength - at which point they wouldn't be all that different from the Barb Spearman.

I'll check the Colosseum to see if the culture per pop is working - they're supposed to grant +1 culture for every 2 citizens, (and half culture doesn't get added - you need 2 to get 1, 4 to get 2, etc).

For some reason certain Wonder/Unit notifications show up as the Hagia Sophia / Citizen - I'm not entirely sure why this is happening yet, but I've noticed it in other mods as well.

Lancers are actually mounted units.

I'll see about adding a few more scientist points/slots in v11.4 - problem with them is that they're generally so much better than anything else in their current form, so I've tried to limit them to some extent.

I've just finished my playthrough of the mod v11.3 and I really like it! The improvements made are just great. I love the new buildings and units, the improved culture system and pretty much the overall balancing and tweaking especially towards the AI. The game with the nights mod just feels more like a REAL Civilizations game than the vanilla version, and thats a good thing. :goodjob:

So far I've only encountered 2 bugs:
The village 1+ prod per 2 citizens doesn't work
The theatre 1+ happ per 2 citizens doesn't work either

Especially the theatre one is a pain because it is the main reason you would construct the rather expensive theatre in the first place, and the initial 3+ happ and 2+ culture just isn't worth it. So through the middle ages I had unhappiness problems beacuse my theater just could not generate enough happiness to sustain my military heavy empire. :)

I also think that the great artist landmark improvement should be tweaked too, like the great merc customs houses. The 6+ culture improvement just isn't good enough in a mod where empires need alot more culture points to lvl policies and gain territory than the vanilla version. That makes the great artists rather worthless imo.

The Government ending / Wonders being removed from the queue is on purpose, which is why the Wonders in question now have a lower build cost.

I'll check the Colosseum to see if the culture per pop is working - they're supposed to grant +1 culture for every 2 citizens, (and half culture doesn't get added - you need 2 to get 1, 4 to get 2, etc).

Lancers are actually mounted units.

1) Ok good to know, but some info about that in a tooltip would be nice.

2) I am pretty sure about that, see screenshot. I checked the culture before and afterwards and with 22 :c5citizen:, rounding errors do not matter ^^ I do not know if that was mod specific (VEM) but there was usually an extra info that you get x :c5culture: per y :c5citizen: in the cityview tooltip.

3) Ups my bad :) I just thought melee is everything that is not ranged ;)

Attachments

• NiGHTS-colosseum.jpg
    NiGHTS-colosseum.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 56
I've researched democracy and I have oligarchy as the government but Magna Carta does not appear in the wonders list.:confused:

A great mod this is.

One thing that seems a bit problematic is that civs tend to give me several of their cities when they are tired of war. For instance, I played as England and had a lengthy war with Russia (Earth map, so we were geographically in the right places) and even though I had never been near their territory, just killed some of their units around the Mediterranean, Catherine wanted to give me half of her cities (five out of ten) in exchange for peace. Hopefully, the AI can someday be programmed to offer its cities only when the human player has invaded and conquered at least some of the AIs territory, else war would be a bit too easy.

Is this with v11.3? I've gotten gold in mine and haven't had issues yet. Did you check if maybe you got culture? (As there isn't a culture text pop-up and this makes it seem like you didn't get anything sometimes).

If I can find another one on some random island I'll check this as well, I seem to recall there used to be a message of some sort that you received culture, was this taken out?

Hmmm ... when all policies have been adopted, the game grinds to a halt. When there are no more policies available, one cannot end the turn.

I'm still playing in v11.2, but I guess this hasn't been addressed before?

Hmmm ... when all policies have been adopted, the game grinds to a halt. When there are no more policies available, one cannot end the turn.

I'm still playing in v11.2, but I guess this hasn't been addressed before?

v11.2 had this problem, as there was too much culture available in the form of buildings/policies/wonders etc. v11.3 scaled culture back a fair bit and this shouldn't happen anymore, and it'll probably be a little bit more difficulty still in the upcoming v11.4.

A great mod this is.

One thing that seems a bit problematic is that civs tend to give me several of their cities when they are tired of war. For instance, I played as England and had a lengthy war with Russia (Earth map, so we were geographically in the right places) and even though I had never been near their territory, just killed some of their units around the Mediterranean, Catherine wanted to give me half of her cities (five out of ten) in exchange for peace. Hopefully, the AI can someday be programmed to offer its cities only when the human player has invaded and conquered at least some of the AIs territory, else war would be a bit too easy.

I've scaled back the rate at which they gives deals like this, but they still happen - a .dll problem unfortunately.

Bathhouse didn't give +5 science to El Dorado which was inside my borders.

El Dorado was added in v11.3, (possibly in v11.2) but I missed adding it to the Bathhouse bonus, (although Bathhouse's are getting a different ability in v11.4).

v11.2 had this problem, as there was too much culture available in the form of buildings/policies/wonders etc. v11.3 scaled culture back a fair bit and this shouldn't happen anymore, and it'll probably be a little bit more difficulty still in the upcoming v11.4.

But shouldn't there be some sort of "outlet" for culture? For instance, each time you would be granted a new policy, you instead get 5 happiness or something to that effect?

Civ IV did something similar with future tech; for each future tech you researched, each city got 1 health and 1 happiness, and thus made it worthwhile to keep researching.

Top Bottom