NonaShark

For clarity here:

Any of the 'Octafish/ Angular Momentum' crowd want to either vote for - or veto - having the potential newcomers ?

If we're having a huge map ( me want!!! ) but no ai, it would make sense to have more players, and always jolly to meet new people ( unless its old people like Calanthian who can hand me my ass - just kidding - perhaps.. )

= = = =

One point above that I am completely agnostic on, but some people can seem to get hot under the collar about.

I recently got to the point where I will take a random leader/tribe just for 'fun'

However I have no problem with
a) - people choosing their own leader/ tribe
b) - two or more individuals having the same leader /tribe.
c) - or the anal option, where only one each ( first to email me)
... (let me not prejudice you by using loaded terms like anal :) )
d) - the super anal option, where if two people choose the same leader tribe NEITHER of them get it, and have to choose another combo. (

Anyway, this is what I propose:

You all email me individually with your own choice of leader and tribe.
If the consensus is for anal retention, then I will get back to the losers asking them to choose again.
And recycle, until we get a set.
( For these purposes, I always - as admin - wait until the end and then choose or go random after everyone else is sorted. )

In this thread, however, I suggest you continue to add your comments about newcomers and leader options and other general setting stuff.

unless its old people like Calanthian who can hand me my ass

Who me ? ;)

Well, let me start by saying I am all about peace and happiness, and love for fellow man..
Gents, it sounds like a nice set up. Greetings to you all!

Well, regarding my choice, I'd go for random/random like Ozy. I Don't know a lot about the strengths and weaknesses of the different Civs an Leaders.

BtW, I'd like to play with AI Civs like in Octafish...

Sounds like forcing random/random for all would be the simplest and fairest option then. I would be fine with that. Though if you still decide not to force that, I'll send my pick.

On map geography, I would prefer not knowing anything about the map shape/reachability. But if you find a basic map script most convenient, it is fine. (I doubt you can make precise choices without a custom script)

I'll post this evening, and probably send everyone something to vote on by individual issue, as I see them so far..

Also, please email me your timezones and usual times of play so I can do the turn order.
With 8 people, probably easiest to target twice round the world in two days for one complete turn.

I think this has promise, I'll play if you still are looking.
Whatever is decided I am Random/Random. 1 or 2 nations but not 3 please.

Monarch-Y (AGREE)
Big & Small-Y
Huge-Y
Temperate-Y
Low Sea-Y
Ancient-N but will accept; I think the challenge is Classical where you get what you're given and work from there with a tiny nation established, with no advanced start
Normal-Y
Advanced Start 440 gold points-N but will accept (Advanced start works well for experienced players. Are we all experienced?)
Aggressive AI-Y
Unrestricted Leaders-Y

No Tech Trading/Brokering-YES (My only Must)
No Diplo Victory-Y

I'm game whatever, but preferences below.

I would prefer to let people choose and let anyone choose anything. Fully unrestricted.

AI - no thanks, not my cup of tea
Difficulty - depends on AI, would say if there is none stick noble, if there is monarch
Size - Huge low is massive, would prefer pulling that back a little slightly perhaps.
Climate - Rocky is more interesting and gives less jungle I find
Ancient - yes
Adv start - yes, would say a little more than 440 though, around 500-600
Agg AI - if AI doesnt matter
NO TECH TRADING!
No diplo victory, but keep the setting on to allow the game mechanics that the buildings offer. Note diplo victories are not an issue anyway if no AI, unless people are idiots or want to end the game.
No huts/events/vassals please
No barbs (not so bothered about this one)

Map type - I like a pangea / inland sea, but there is a lot of love for naval action here so how about custom continents? Less placement issues than with the big/small type maps.

Also any unit/build bans? A lot of people like bans on nukes etc. Not bothered about any of this.

I will need to back out, sorry, it did look interesting. Glad I don't need to disrupt the game.

Sorry.

Some unpleasant RL has overtaken me.

I keep hoping this will be the weekend where I catch up on the more complicated games I am in, as I have for the past few weeks.

Once I have reinstated all my bigger games, I will return to this.

Top Bottom