1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NoP NESII: The "New Imperialism"

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by #1 Person, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Supermath

Supermath A Circle Has No End

I bid -5 EP. Beat that!

2. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

Dudes, lets stop the insanity... keep this thread useless post/picture free.

3. Insane_Panda

Insane_Panda Deity

France wanting to sell its Cambodian and Southern Vietnamese colonies after just starting to gain ground there in the past few decades is a little ridiculous. Plus, Vietnam was very profitable for the French, and they were also seeking to counterbalance the British. To sell it willy nilly for 3EP is a little unrealistic.

4. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

5. HMS Vanguard

HMS Vanguard Prince

We most certainly are!

6. TaylorFlame

TaylorFlame Nuclear Whale

Would it be possible for me to play as Egypt?

7. JosefStalinator

JosefStalinator Я буду снова здесь

Well someone back home in France is about to lose their job :p. As President.

8. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Well, Britain, if you're interested, please respond to my PM. Our deal is still available.

To Portugal
    From Futa Jalon

Our west African nation is interested in establishing an agreement of trade with your nation. We have traded for slaves in the past, but with slavery no longer legal in Portugal, we feel that we should re-sign our agreements. We will trade food supplies and precious metals (such as diamonds) from Futa Jalon with you for Portuguese guns, which we need to defend ourselves from our violent, tribal neighbors. What do you think?

(Yes, there are diamonds near my area. Check wikipedia if you don't believe me!)

9. Justo

Justo Emperor

China ups it's bid to 8 ep for Cambodia to be sent in 1 turn.

10. BEHIND_THE_MASK

BEHIND_THE_MASK A Liar... A Cheat...

Hey comrade... Could I possibly get in on this NES. Been awhile.

If so could I go ahead and take Siam, or perhaps you have some suggestions?

11. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

Siam is good, particularly with all this idiocy going on in the region.

I wouldn't mind having a South American or South African Country though. I am working on those stats right now, so at least some will be up by the end of today.

12. BEHIND_THE_MASK

I've never been a fan of S.A (no offence anyone) but if you want me to take one I suppose I could...

But I think I would work better in S.E Asia, like you said lots of idocy, needs one smart mind to even it out :)

13. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

If youre working on South Africa I'd be interested in taking something. Preferably some Boers.

14. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

Stats are done, while going over the PC stats I decided to increase the power of the division, reflecting on a decrease of everyone's divisions. Make sure to check it out.

Spoiler Africa! :

South African Republic (Transvaal)
    Republic:
    Economy: 2/0/0/2(0)
    Technology: First Industrial Revolution
    Army (Mobilizable): 3 infantry divisions, 2 irregular divisions
    Navy: none
    National Background: This Boer state is currently engaged in the Boer War with the United Kingdom. Since 1877 Britain has occupied the area, to the chagrin of the Boer population.

Orange Free State
    Republic: President Brand
    Economy: 2/0/0/2(0)
    Army (Mobilizable): 5 infantry divisions (5 infantry divisions)
    National Background: Unlike it's neighbor to the north, the Orange Free State is a peaceful Boer republic, on good terms with the British and the Transvaal Republic.

Sultanate of Zanzibar
    Monarchy: Barghash bin Said Al-Busaid
    Economy: 2/1/0/3(0)
    Army (Mobilizable): 2 infantry divisions (2 divisions)
    Navy: 3 squadrons
    National Background: Since the official prohibition of the slave trade in 1876 by the British in the region, Zanzibar has surived through the exportation of spices. The mark of their previous slave trade is still apparent, as massive swabs of Central Africa East of Lake Victoria have been completely depopulated. However this Sultanate, like the tribes in West Africa, are on economic decline as colonial Empires advance into the region.

Aro Trading Confederation
    Decentralized Confederacy
    Economy: 1/0/0/1(0)
    Technology: pre-industrial revolution
    Army (Mobilizable): 2 irregular divisions
    Navy: 1 squadron
    National Background: The Aro Confederacy is a nation of many small Aro tribes around Eastern Nigeria. Mostly based on the slave trade, their prospects in the increasingly colonized and industrialized world are not so good.

Benin
    Monarchy
    Economy: (1/0/0/1(0))
    Technology: Pre-industrial revolution
    Army: 1 irregular division
    Brief Summary: Formerly an affluent empire throughout the “Slave Coast”, they have been on the decline since the abolition of their former trade.

Ashanti Confederacy
    Decentralized Confederacy:
    Technology: Pre-industrial revolution
    Army: 1 irregular division
    Brief Summary: The Ashanti Confederacy is located right above the British colony in the gold coast, a very vulnerable position. Although they formerly had a large empire across Ghana, they have been declining since well before European Colonization of the area.

Sokoto Caliphate
    Monarchy: Mu'adh bin Bello
    Economy: (2/0/0/2(0))
    Technology: first industrial revolution
    Army: 1 regular division, 4 cavalry division
    Brief Summary: This large Empire is starting to peak, as it is constrained by their neighbors and the forested land to the south.

Tukulor Caliphate
    Army: 2 regular division, 1 cavalry division
    Brief Summary: This Empire is threatened by both the Sokoto Caliphate to the East, and French expansion to the West.

Futa Toro
    Tribal Confederacy
    Technology: pre-industrial revolution
    Army: 1 regular division, 1 irregular division
    Brief Summary: This Islamic State makes a living off of selling goods and supplies to colonists, and doesn't seem to have too good of a future as both France and Tukulor Caliphate exapand into their territory.

Liberia
    Republic
    Army: 2 regular division,
    Brief Summary: This state was founded in 1822 by the American Colonization Society as a location for freed slaves, similar to Sierra Leon to it's north. It is effectively a U.S. Puppet, and is currently controlled by the “True Whig Party,” and influenced by French and Britain.

Tunisia
    Monarchy:
    Army: 5 regular division,
    Navy: 1 squadron
    Brief Summary: Although by de jure, Tunisia is part of the Ottoman Empire, de facto it has been independent since 1700.

Morocco
    Monarchy: Hassan I
    Army: 4 regular division,
    Navy: 3 squadron
    Brief Summary: Morocco has excellent foreign relations with all European Power, other than Spain, as well as the US (Morocco is the oldest ally of the United States, and the embassy there is the first property the US owned abroad). Morocco's independence is granted by the Conference of Madrid, however whether Spain will respect that agreement is uncertain, and they are eager to find new lands to colonize, and secure their hold on the Pillars of Hercules.

I would recommend taking Transvaal, cause it is currently in the Boer War, which is, like, important!

BTM, you have Siam, I will create their stats right now! Just promise to not go on a swearing spree again!

15. Communisto

Communisto Condottiere

cool, I'll take the Transvaal. When are updates gonna be? I'll do my best despite exams :)

16. BEHIND_THE_MASK

That happened once and I was fighting pretty much a 50 front war, I went done in flames (literally :) )

No worry, wont happen again.

17. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Hmmmm, hey, is this still open for sign-ups? If it is, I'll take the Sultanate of Zanzibar, if its open! It'll be fun to be at a disadvantage! Plus, it'll be my first NES, and in my philosophy, you learn more if you get beat up a lot the first time than if you're the one beating up the other.

18. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

Awesome, always glad to get noobs! I will type out your full stats soon!

Orders are due Friday, however, I recently remembered I am leaving for the extended weekend, so I am going to start the update on Thursday, and finish it over the weekend (I should still have some time), so, yeah, feal free to have them in earlier is what I am saying!

19. TaylorFlame

TaylorFlame Nuclear Whale

May I play as Morocco?

20. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

FOR DEFINENTS!

Holy cow, this NES has quite a large number of people! I like it. Hopefully a similar number of people will send awesome orders *glances menacingly around the metaphorical room*