NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

choxorn it is then. I’ll vote on items a little bit later (don’t have the time ATM).

Those are all valid points, but I did repair on both of the nights when I had a repair item and the Electrical Room's locks were broken. I can't take items with me when I go into a locked room, and the wrench I had was no exception. I don't need a key to repair something, I just need access to the room so that I can get in and bring an item in with me, since, like most people, I can't repair anything unless I have an item.

It's true that the saboteur activity went down when they were injured. It's also true that I was repairing on Night Eight and Night Ten, both times when at least 3 seperate saboteur actions can be accounted for, assuming the bludgeon-killer is a saboteur.

It's true that the saboteur activity went down when they I were was injured. It's also true that I was repairing on Night Eight and Night Ten, both times when at least 3 seperate saboteur actions can be accounted for, assuming the bludgeon-killer is a saboteur.
Post fixed, choxorn.

PaulusIII should get the medication if Doktor Seon says so.

Now that Takhisis pointed that out, that does seem like an odd slip.

If no one else wants the Decyption Key or Thunderfall Missile Codes I will take them. Rhawn for the nuclear launch codes and key to the Engine Room.

Yes, rhawn for the launch key and Engine Room Key.

:twitch:

Hmm... well... yes, actually, what I meant to say was...

:shifty:

Eh, screw it. I spend weeks fooling you all with these things, and then I finally get caught because I misspeak two words. I really need learn to think a bit. Well, or not, cause, regardless of what I say, you're going to execute me in a couple of hours, so why bother?

I should warn you, though- there are more forces than us at work here. All that damage that happened a few nights ago? That wasn't all us. We don't have the ability to do all that at once. We certainly didn't turn the ship around. There are members of the insurgent forces on this ship. We're not sure how many, but we know they're here. They haven't been as active recently, but we know they're out there.

As they don't seem to be trying to destroy the ship, they are likely trying to capture it, and... something on board. I'd imagine that they'd really like those nukes. Our methods of blowing up the ship to prevent that are... less than ideal, but better this ship sinks and all of us along with it than it gets captured by insurgents, we all die anyway, and a couple of our cities get nuked. This ship must not be captured by the insurgents.

Do not be fooled by any who are repairing the ship at the same time. The Rogues were, the Insurgents certainly can, and are. Or did you think you were safe trusting all those so-called "repairmen"? Sorry, but you aren't out of the water yet, not by a long shot.

"So, choxorn, there are insurgents. We can deal with them. Is there any reason we shouldn't kill you?"

No, there's no reason you shouldn't kill me. I've just admitted to trying to sink the ship, even if that's probably the best outcome by now. But it will only empower the insurgents, and they've already grown too powerful. It may still be possible for you to win by killing me before focusing on them, but much harder. You need to kill at least one of them, maybe two before getting me. We don't know exactly how strong they've become. I'm already exposed, I can't do much more harm to you now. The unknown threat is much more of a threat.

"But choxorn, we know you're a saboteur. We don't know who any insurgents are, so..."

Ah, but we do. We found an item a couple of nights ago that was a one-use scan to see if somebody had a VC other than the innocent one. It seemed useless at first, as we were the only non-innocent group left, but looking at some evidence showed us that the existence of the insurgents is the only possible explanation for several things that have happened so far. Why else head the ship to saboteur waters? Why else did one or two people specifically mention them in thread a few times, even though there didn't seem to be any on the ship? We're not insurgents, and the rogues weren't. And several other things.

Anyway, we used it on CCRunner last night. You have 3 guesses as to what the result was, and the first two don't count. (Hint: The answer is not "He has the innocent VC") If you don't lynch him, that's fine, but it only means that he and the insurgents are one step closer to victory.

Aside from him, we only have suspects. The supposed "innocent" Sniper vig is probably one. Seon, Izipo, Paulus, BSmith, and DaveShack are also likely to be insurgents. Check them out, and pay closer attention to them, even if you don't lynch them.

You're probably not going to listen to me, and think I'm all making it up to save myself. If I wanted to live, I wouldn't be trying to sink the ship I'm standing on. You'll regret it if you don't lynch CCRunner quickly. Actually, no you won't, because you won't be alive to regret it. Make your choice now. The choice is yours. I hope you choose correctly.

Ah, but we do. We found an item a couple of nights ago that was a one-use scan to see if somebody had a VC other than the innocent one. It seemed useless at first, as we were the only non-innocent group left, but looking at some evidence showed us that the existence of the insurgents is the only possible explanation for several things that have happened so far. Why else head the ship to saboteur waters? Why else did one or two people specifically mention them in thread a few times, even though there didn't seem to be any on the ship? We're not insurgents, and the rogues weren't. And several other things.

Anyway, we used it on CCRunner last night. You have 3 guesses as to what the result was, and the first two don't count. (Hint: The answer is not "He has the innocent VC") If you don't lynch him, that's fine, but it only means that he and the insurgents are one step closer to victory
If you found an item that could scan people a few nights ago, why would you only bother to use it last night? It's not like I haven't been controversial for a while now. And why not mention it before now as you're about to die, it's not like claiming to be able to scan people once is a particularly dangerous claim, especially now that the main killing team is dead.

Well, Choxorn, I'm glad that you admitted to your actions. It's best to own up to what you have done, so now I will wish you a swift and painless death when your time comes.

I find it possible that there are insurgents on this ship, but I had always thought the insurgents would be the saboteurs, but now you are confiring the late Commander Diamondeye's theory. I'm not sure that I fully believe you yet. I did find it odd a few days ago when the word "insurgent" started getting thrown around instead of saboteur, but that doesn't necesarrily mean anything. This might all be a distraction you have cooked up to try to get us to go after repairmen. I'll definitely consider your words though.

By the way, one question: Are you behind the nightly melee attacks?

Rhawn gets the Engine Room Key, Nuclear Launch Key “B”, Thunderfall Missile Launch Codes and Decryption Key. He can distribute as he deems necessary.

Takhisis can have the photograph

I’d like to take a look at the Meds.

I tend to believe what choxorn says. The good, bad, and ugly. It explains why we have launch codes at all. And it would confirm some things I have thought from early on. But proof is what we go on, and that's still in short supply.

I would like the Medication to go to Seon, Key to Engine Room to BSmith, Launch Key B to Seon, Missile launch codes to Rhawn.

Well with his confession there's really no reason to keep choxorn around.

I'll take the meds. Doctor's orders.

On to other threads of the plot though - do we already know who was responsible for turning the ship around? While choxorn's statements about insurgents might be false, the mere mention of the possibility of 'insurgent capture' of the ship suggests that there's at the very least insurgents around - and that leaves me to conclude that an insurgent was responsible for turning around the ship. We'd need to narrow down the few suspects we have left for the ship turn.

As for the suspects... there's two people who could (as far as I'm aware) be involved with the ship turnaround.

Methos, as Captain of the ship, might to change the ship's course because he is Captain. He has also been involved in night kills and his allegiance is shady at best. Plus he's bluffing that we couldn't lynch him even if we tried.

Speaking of which... what does a 'foreign diplomat' do on a military vessel of another country, anyway? No less in a high-ranking position? If he's foreign I think it would be much more likely to be an enemy covert intel operative sent to aid the Insurgents rather than a diplomat.

CCRunner's reactor override could be another tool that has been used to turn around the ship. The writeup from that morning also might imply the reactor override is responsible for the turnaround, though I'm by no means certain on that.

Backwards Logic writeup said:
There’s certain things a sailor gets used to when aboard for lengthy periods of time. Take the ship’s rocking for instance. Seasoned sailors can tell just by the ship’s rock if something is amiss. The same rhythmic swaying that causes seasickness in some brings comfort to others with the knowledge the ship is traveling on without incident. For instance, drastic course changes are pronounced as the ship leans to one side during the maneuver. Tonight, this chronic sway was disrupted by one long period of nothingness, then resumed back to its usual movements, though with a little more pep behind them…

What insurgents, choxie dear? So fart we've only encoutnered saboteurs, rogues, and a diplomat.

What insurgents, choxie dear? So fart we've only encoutnered saboteurs, rogues, and a diplomat.

Me thinks this post smells a little bit like a deflection from a possibility we have to seriously consider. Or maybe it is the typo?

It's an allusion to the fact that choxorn's post stinks. it should be taken at arm's length and dissected overnight because no scum writes such a post in total honesty. Most of it is probably WIFOM.

I don’t have the time or energy, but it might be a worthwhile exercise for someone to go back and see who started using the “insurgent” terminology.

The OP does mention mine-laying insurgents.

…. And his updates reference us being in Insurgent waters… so yeah, choxorn’s explanation seems to be a little less weighty, but I still think we have to worry about a third, unidentified faction on the ship.

First order of business should be to root out the saboteurs though.

End Midday Phase Eleven, Start Night Phase Eleven

Journal Entry Number Thirty-Three. 20:00 shipboard time.

And the injury finally caught up to him.

choxorn must have known he was in trouble when he stumbled into the claymore a few nights back. He’d managed to dance around execution since then by trying to explain he had been also repairing while attacks went on, so he couldn’t have been also blowing up the ship. It was working until he misspoke, and by switching a few key pronouns the mob descended on him, thus sealing his fate.

He didn’t even try to get out of it and instead launched into a mini-tirade against the crew and naming some supposed insurgents aboard as the key threat. His last words were either just spouting off things to confuse everyone, or he spoke a very veiled truth about the whole ordeal. After his monologue had completed, a number of questions were aimed at the now confessed saboteur, but he remained silent for the rest of the day. After the sun had set, the accused did everyone the favor by tying his hands together and jumping overboard. There was no question

Spoiler :
choxorn was a Saboteur!.

A search of his belongings post-death revealed two items of interest. The crew found a Monkey Wrench and after unlocking a secret compartment hidden under his bed, found a copy of the Ship’s Blueprints. Both items would go up for vote the next day.

Speaking of items, by the end of the day a portion of the crew acknowledged their existence and voted them to mostly rhawn. There were two exceptions – PaulusIII took the Medication while Takhisis took the Photograph.

Lastly, with the ship dead in the water again no mines were hit and there was no additional damage to repair this coming night. The crew would have to decide whether or not repairing the Engine Room was a good idea to get themselves home or if they’d turn their attention elsewhere. With one less saboteur aboard, the crew was feeling optimistic they can out-repair anything the saboteurs themselves can dish out. The question would be could they out-repair possible mine hits has well?

~~~​

New Rank Hierarchy:

Final Vote Tally:

Execution:

choxorn: 13 (10 players, 3 secret votes)
CCRunner: 2

Medication:

PaulusIII: 3
Seon: 2
BSmith1068: 1

Key to the Engine Room:

rhawn: 3
BSmith1068: 1
Izipo: 1

Nuclear Launch Key “B”:

rhawn: 4
Seon: 1

Photograph:

Takhisis: 3

Thunderfall Missile Codes:

rhawn: 3
Frozen In Ice: 1

Decryption Key:

rhawn: 2
Frozen In Ice: 1

Quick Notes:
  • Damage Report: None this phase.

It is now Night Phase Eleven! Remember the subject heading I asked everyone to use: Orders for (Player) for Night Phase Eleven

It’s now Night. Posting is Closed; DO NOT POST.

Top Bottom