[NFP] November Update Video

What we know:
1. Babilon focused on science. Hammurabi confirmed:

2. 6 new City-States one of each type (Babylon replacement C-S not included?).
Ashan - Scientific CS.

3. 24 new Great Peoples (no new GP type).
List:

Margaret Mead Atomic Era Great Scientist: activated effect (1 charge) Grants 1000 Science and Culture on standard game speed.
Rumi Great Writer Medieval Era

4. New Heroes will be GP on steroids. 12 new Heroes
5. Heroes are unique and can belong to only one civilization in one game
6. Hero discovering: when exploring the map and interacting with City-States unlocking Hero Devotion City Project in a City with Monument.
7. You grain a hero for a certain number of turns (Lifespan)
7. When dies or expired leaves 2 relics. An epic one, and a symbolic one. Those relics provide buffs for the rest of the game. Monuments have two new heroic slots now.
8. When the hero dies or expires you can resummon him for Faith.
List of heroes:
1. Hercules
2. King Arthur
3. Beowulf
4. Maui
5. Himko
6. Oya
7. Hunahpu and Xbalanque
8. Monkey King Sun Wukong
9. Mulan
10. Anansi
11. Hippolyta
12. ???

Hercules has 88 combat strength?

That will certainly be game changing. There's already Vampire+Caravel Corp strategy that yields an overpowered Vampire to smash out enemies.

I think they didn't want to show they UI. I doubt it will be a unique Campus replacement because we already have two (Seowon and Observatory), but most probably a unique library.

It is not an unique library.The default library shows up with the writing tech.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Disney strongly disagrees with their depiction of Mulan. She should start with 10,000 combat strength because qi or something. :lol:

Maui's ability to just create resources sounds...broken. In an awesome way.

Leugi (over on a Discord) has identified what appears to be a unique Water Mill potentially (south of the city, next to the farm):
I mean, yeah, Water Mills are definitely the first thing I think of when I think of Babylon. :confused:

I think one of Babylon's abilities is that Monuments can store great works. It might relate to Hammurabi's Code

So Heroes include:
Hercules
King Arthur
Beowulf
Maui
Himiko
Oya
Hunahpu and Xbalanque (my favorites!)
Sun Wukong
Mulan
Anansi
Hippolyta

I'm hoping for Cuchulainn or Sigurd.....

Maybe a Mythological Civ spinoff is coming in the future?

Hercules has 88 combat strength?

That will certainly be game changing. There's already Vampire+Caravel Corp strategy that yields an overpowered Vampire to smash out enemies.
Not only this.

he can immediately complete a district with 2 charges. This is bonkers... And it is pure RNG if you will get him or not.

Also I'd like to say due to the current era and GP mechanism you almost never have an atomic or later GP. (For they cost at least 2455 GP point which is unacceptable)

Adding such GPs does nothing.

So Heroes include:
Hercules
King Arthur
Beowulf
Maui
Himiko
Oya
Hunahpu and Xbalanque (my favorites!)
Sun Wukong
Mulan
Anansi
Hippolyta

I'm hoping for Cuchulainn or Sigurd.....
I'd like to see Raven, but he might overlap a bit with both Anansi and Sun Wukong. Cuchulainn and Sigurd would both be great additions, too.

We see that when Babylonian heroes kill other units (like with Arthur or the Mayan Twins) they don't gain science or new techs, so the Gorgo-like ability 'gain science when you kill a unit" is wrong. Another layer of mystery about Babylon's CUA.

I mean, yeah, Water Mills are definitely the first thing I think of when I think of Babylon. :confused:

If they rename the water mill as an "Irrigation system" or something similar, then, yeah, irrigation systems are one of the first things I think of when I think of Babylon. They were irrigation masters, after all (with all Mesopotamian city-States).
And it would be a nice surprise. After all, the first thing I think about Poland is not the Sukiennice, or Norway's Stave Churches, or America's film studios. Why not change the gimmick a little?

I'd like to see Raven, but he might overlap a bit with both Anansi and Sun Wukong. Cuchulainn and Sigurd would both be great additions, too.

Cause Raven is a trickster?

Well they did have extensive water works

Can I just say the Music is great!

Top Bottom