Nubia First Look

According to my sister, who runs tours in Morocco, the Berbers themselves are
not particularly enamoured with the name "Berber", and many prefer "Amazigh".
I wonder what the Civ devs would use if they were to appear in a future DLC.

I don't understand why some people say 50 civs are too many, we should add more! So many civs I want to see
Indeed, variety is what makes the game interesting; there can never be too many civs.

I don't understand why some people say 50 civs are too many, we should add more! So many civs I want to see
Mee too. And lacking City-States from some areas give me the feeling that those areas will be included... *Thinks of Italy and Bohemia* ...I can think of at least two worthy Civs that we have never before seen in any game of Civ.

Last edited:
So much effort to avoid using the word "fat".

It depends on whether you are using the term as a simple description or as a term of abuse.

Anyway....Monguls, plz.

Definitely!

I also want another North American and a South American to counteract Montezuma
and Pedro on Ynamp maps. They have it far too easy atm.

There can if they start to repeat design ideas and make too many "samey" civs, but I agree with the spirit of the idea :)
Sure, like civ's that boost production of districts and encourage settling near desert and floodplain tiles. :)

Would love to see some civ with genuinely out-of-the-box mechanisms, like we got with Austria and Venice being able to assimilate city-states in Civ V. But, y'know, do it with an African civ or Antarctic civ or whatever floats your boat.

Mee too. And lacking City-States from some areas give me the feeling that those areas will be included... *Thinks of Italy and Bohemia* ...I can think of at least two worthy Civs that we have never before seen in any game of Civ.
I've been clamoring for a Charles IV led Bohemia for quite a while, yes please!

It depends on whether you are using the term as a simple description or as a term of abuse.
Civ leaders are frequently objects of abusive language. People have remarked about wanting to smash in Qin's "fat face" many a time.

Definitely!

I also want another North American and a South American to counteract Montezuma
and Pedro on Ynamp maps. They have it far too easy atm.
You mean another civ that contends for rainforest tiles? Vietnam or Khmer would be my pick.

Last edited:
I've been clamoring for a Charles IV led Bohemia for quite a while, yes please!
Charles IV is indeed a good choice. He was the first king of Bohemia to become the Holy Roman Emperor and during his reign, Bohemia was centre of trade, culture and sciences. He was a great builder - he brought there Gothic style from France and he founded the oldest university in Central Europe, Charles Bridge, Karlštejn Castle, Karlovy Vary, he ordered creation of the Crown of Saint Wenceslaus, the most important of Bohemian crown jewels. In television poll "Největší Čech" (the Greatest Czech), he gained the first place.
I would also welcome Wenceslaus II, who also became king of Poland and gained the title of the king of Hungary for his son, or Ottokar II, great diplomat and conqueror who made Bohemia a very wealthy and powerful country and lands of Bohemia were reaching to the Adriatic sea. He was one of the strongest european kings in his time.

Shame that there is no mod for Bohemia yet.

I would also welcome Wenceslaus II
Since the devs seem to like to pick obnoxious, repetitive tunes that make us want to gouge our ears out by the end of the game (*glares at "Scarborough Fair" and "Waltzing Matilda"*), surely his theme will be "Good King Wenceslas." :mischief:

Since the devs seem to like to pick obnoxious, repetitive tunes that make us want to gouge our ears out by the end of the game (*glares at "Scarborough Fair" and "Waltzing Matilda"*), surely his theme will be "Good King Wenceslas." :mischief:
Which is a carol about Saint Wenceslaus, who was never a king, but a duke.

I know it was a joke. It's not even a Czech song. I just had to state that fact.
I considered appending a note that the Wenceslas of the English carol was not the Bohemian king, but I didn't think it needed to be said, plus overexplaining kills jokes. ;) (And, honestly, "Good King Wenceslas" would be infinitely less annoying than "Scarborough Fair" or especially "Waltzing Matilda," a tune that I found annoying before hearing it a thousand times in a single game.)

Yeah, but I think that's reserved for DLC 06 (now we know what DLC 05 is), which I think will be released much later, considering how this First Look was released weeks after the announcement of the new DLC.

....but remember that the last DLC had 2 Civs in it, & 2 Civs has been the norm for the DLC so far (with the exception of the Australia one, IIRC), so a First Look on Wednesday (US time) could still be a thing.....even if the DLC drops on Thursday.

I considered appending a note that the Wenceslas of the English carol was not the Bohemian king, but I didn't think it needed to be said, plus overexplaining kills jokes. ;) (And, honestly, "Good King Wenceslas" would be infinitely less annoying than "Scarborough Fair" or especially "Waltzing Matilda," a tune that I found annoying before hearing it a thousand times in a single game.)

I actually quite like Scarborough Fair, but I agree that Waltzing Matilda repeated ad nauseam can be... taxing on one's nerves.

Maybe its just the Aussie in me, but I have no problem with Civ6's take on Waltzing Matilda :).

I wonder what does the new Wonder, Jebel Barkal do? And does it have specific placement requirements?

Seems like they are adding wonders with the DLC civs. Except for Poland and Australia (but Sydney Opera House was already in vanilla). I'm expecting a new wonder from Southeast Asia with the next DLC, likely Angkor Wat or Borobudur. If it really is Indonesia, Borobudur will be a good fit.

Check out the blog on Civ6 website on Nubia.
https://www.civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-nubia-dlc-amanitore-first-look-new-civ

According to Civ redditors, the Youtube response to Amanitore/Nubia has been quite horrid, with racist, sexist or fat-shaming comments....:rolleyes:

....but remember that the last DLC had 2 Civs in it, & 2 Civs has been the norm for the DLC so far (with the exception of the Australia one, IIRC), so a First Look on Wednesday (US time) could still be a thing.....even if the DLC drops on Thursday.

So far we have two single-civ DLCS (Australia and Polanda) and just one DLC that was a double. So the average tends towards just a single civilization per DLC.

Top Bottom