Nuclear Destruction

Well... don't know either, since I wasn't able to launch a single one... but I have many nuclear accident (Seem that my homer addiction ruining my game). Only 1 nuclear accident turn about 10 square in the next 20 turn.

With this beelining is there any chance that some one else currently has a technology I wouldn't? I currently have a great spy sitting on my capitol along with another regular spy. Would it be worth my time to send them across continents and attempt to grab a techonolgy from one of them?

actually dk if its the same in BtS as it was in Warlords, because I havent banned nukes yet in BtS... Build massive amounts of nukes, dedicate your production to nukes for a few turns, once you have alot... Vote to end Nuke building. You will keep your nukes with the ability to use your nukes, but you can not build them anymore, ofcourse no one else can build them either. If your lucky no one will have any. In games where I had banned nukes, the AI had few nukes if any before the ban. When I would need more nukes I would assemble spies and send htem to the AI's territory and destroy Uranium mines and then unban nukes, then once I am resupplied I ban them again. The Warlords style of spies made this ideal. But with Spies that go back to capital, like BtS.. its lame you need lines of spies going from your capital to the enemies city at constant stream inorder to wreak havoc lol.

Just go for the infrastructure in early/mid game. Code of Laws, Currency, Liberalism, Corporations to name a few. Probably you should try some wonder-gambits aswell. Then later just swap your terrain improvements for production later on. On an isolated island its really important that you find other Civs so you can trade techs and gain trade routes for increased commerce in your cities. Also, coastal cities are great moneymakers. Happiness is another issue, isolated starts offer few resources - getting the Pyramids would be a godsend, hereditary rule is the option otherwise. And don't neglect your military completely, this is one of the big things as a builder - when I was new to the game I built horsehockyloads of infrastructure and then some aggressive Civ just came and swarmed me with obsolete units and I lost.

All in all, to improve at this game you need knowledge, knowledge, knowledge about the game. Check out some of the strategy guides here on Civfanatics. You can learn alot if you are new to the game.

Just click fission on the tech advisor screen and wait.

The trick is to build the UN and manhatten project, build up a mass of nukes, nuke the hell out of all thier cities, then ban nukes AT LEAST untill you get SDI.
There is a trick that i find effective...
since they can now defy the resolution, the danger of nukes cannot be eliminated.
If you have enough espionage, you can see what cities of thiers are building nukes, but even better, you can hopefully see thier sources of uranium. Nuke thier sources of uranium so they cant retaliate. If it is near water, keep subs with guided missiles ready to bomb the mines, should they attempt to rebuild them. If it is near your land, or you have an airbase nearby, bombers (or missiles of course) are great for preventing retaliation, simply by eliminating thier resorces.

This is how the pros play of course... requires a lot of co-ordination and even more planning. Last war I got into was a war against the AI, in wich his masses of cavalry were unmatchable. My infantry got overwhelmed in the last war, and a freak intervention from the apostolyptic palace saved me at the cost of a city or two.
I wanted my cities back, so Next war was co-ordinated with Many formation soldiers and a single sub floating around back sending guided missile attacks at thier pasture of horses. It wasn't long before thier supplies of cavalry dwindled to a trickle, and by that time, i had bombers on aircraft carriers out there preventing reconstruction of the pasture.

Sorry i got carried away there... it was a good day.

Good luck!

Make sure you get an Iron Works up and running as well. This city will spam nukes like mad if you create it in the right area. When you launch your nukes hold a few back. When these guys pull up on you play stupid and let them come ashore, perhaps even allow them to take a city if they have more ships pulling up. Just make sure to get it back so they don't have a chance to airdrop many units. Once they have unloaded all of those defenders, go ahead and nuke those. Poof. Now it is your turn to raid.

You mean to tell me I can just click what I want and it will take care of all pre-reqs in order?

Yes, although the Order of those prereqs might not be ideal, if you want to get Nukes you could just click Fission, and shift-click Rocketry.

Oh yes and it should be mentioned that nukes look pretty but don't do quite the damage you are expecting. What you want to do is rain down nukes over the area. Try to hit as much land as possible. Then sit back for a few minutes. If you want to turn everything into desert you are going to have to do this over and over and over and over and over and over. I'm thinking about 10 nukes per city to pull that off. Instead just focus on having their whole side of the map glow.

If it is near water, keep subs with guided missiles ready to bomb the mines, should they attempt to rebuild them. If it is near your land, or you have an airbase nearby, bombers (or missiles of course) are great for preventing retaliation, simply by eliminating thier resorces.

Really it might be better to have some carriers with jets(with protection of course) than it would be to have a sub with a limited amount of missiles. unless of course You can pump out 4 missles a turn and pump out enough subs to carry all your missles and then send them back to reload. Depending on Distance, When it comes to destroying enemy improvements across continents, I usually use jets, but If I do plan on using subs, Usually I set up about 10 subs fully loaded with missles, This means I always have a few extra just incase theres any problems, Then I send out tacts on some subs and send them to the enemies capital.. Other than that the only time I use subs are in stacks so I can see everything.

Hmm... if you're playing Next War, don't launch 20 nukes. Or else you'll get something like this:

(Used Worldbuilder for that one!)

Not very pretty. So stick with plain BTS...

Top Bottom