OCCC1- One city Conquest

T103: After the interturn I even get 151g, 2 towns and Construction for peace! I take it. I sell the improvements (barracks and 2 harbors) and then gift one town to the Aztecs, the other one to America.
The Aztecs want Rep, wines and dyes for Currency!! Ok, as long as we have peace with Zulus and Incaland, the trade route is safe. So I take the deal and get an extra 68g in it. We are now in the MA.

T104: Incas sign MA with Aztecs against Zulus...
We are a Republic and need to increase lux to 10%. Zeus due in 3, then we'll build a market followed by a library.

I sell the Incas Republic for 254g. (They must have gotten all the Aztecs' gold for that MA...)

T105: Montezuma is gracious, but he wants 69g from us. I tell him where the door is...
He declares (well, if you don't want our dyes and wines... :dunno:) and unloads a settler/archer pair on our island. The Americans found a town next to our second ivory!
Increase science to 100%.

I sign a deal with the Americans: MA against Mongols and Aztecs for Republic and wines.

T106: the Mongols sink an American ship... The Aztecs found near the southern dyes.
Zeus completed, we enter our GA.
Swordsman kills Aztecian archer and destroys Tzintzuntzen.

T108: the Incas know Monarchy.

T109: Cuzco starts Hanging Gardens.
Reduce sciences to 90%. Literature in two.

T110: Marketplace -> Courthouse (as prebuild for Library)
At the moment Trondheim is setup for maximum commerce. If switching to maximum shields, we would make 37spt, but I can't see any way to get the library in 2 turns (disbanding our spear would give only 5 shields, and we certainly don't won't to disband elite swords or our galley?! We could shortrush a temple, if that's worth it? But I don't think so.)
We can sell Currency to the Zulus for 103g, but we have enough gold and I would now rather keep the AI as backwards as possible from now on. There are lots and lots of wars going on now, that'll slow them down and we should take advantage of that as good as possible.

We can sign two more MAs: with the Zulus against the Mongols and with the Incas against the Aztecs, but we would have to give Currency in both cases. Not sure whether that's worth it?

I think, we should now prepare an attack on the Aztecs mainland. They are the most advanced and also they have already suffered against the Zulus (they lost the Zulu-town, I gifted them, back to the Zulus... despite having two spears next to it, when I gifted.)

Here's the game for the next player.

PS: accidentally pressed end-of-turn instead of saving... So here is already the beginning of the next turn.

I sign a deal with the Americans: MA against Mongols and Aztecs for Republic and wines.
Oh... I planed war with Americans... we may loose our ivory soon...

I've also been thinking about this, but I think, once we sign the above mentioned two more MAs, we can safely trash our reputation... Then everybody will be at war with everybody, so no need for further trades...

BTW: does a DoW, while an MA against a third party is active, even trash the reputation? I never noticed anything like that. :think: The wines might be a problem, but with a marketplace and 2 x WH we have enough happiness.

I will be hard pressed for time until Sunday afternoon. From then on I have a week of holidays completely on my own, which I plan to spend on Civ as much as I can.

does a DoW, while an MA against a third party is active, even trash the reputation?
Trade rep will gone, but MA not. If make a peace with 3d party then both rep will gone.

The wines might be a problem,
Ivory is a problem.
Without ivory SoZ will not generate AC

Ivory is a problem.
Without ivory SoZ will not generate AC

We will not lose ivory: we can just attack... What I meant is that the wines deal will trash our trade reputation. But we have enough happiness for a while.

But even if we lose ivory: are you sure about the AC?? I think I have captured SoZ before and it always gave me ACs, even with no ivory?! :confused:

Played some turns... Got Feudalizm

Unfinished turn. May stop here or finish it but want to discuss:
Give City to>? Zulu - Inka will capture it or Americans: Atztecs will capture it.

Peace with Atztecs will give 33gpt+61+ 2-3 towns. May be we will take it?

War with Americans: when? To ensure WH we may make a trick: Renegotiate PT with Zulu + MA vs Americans+ spices. War will cut trade route and Zulu DoW to us...

But Dunno, if it works...

Attachments

• OCCC1, 50 BC.SAV
    98 KB · Views: 93
I would give it to the Zulus, its a bit further from the Inca core than from the aztecs one. Also bwe can immediately recapture it from the amercans if we want and give the a bit additional WW for starters.

Played more turns.

111 330 BC sent Galley to Atzacapaz
IBT Mongols destroyed horse Colony
112 310 BC Unload near Atzacapaz
IBT American Archer lost, Mongol Archer won at Miami
113 290 BC Atzacapaz destroyed
IBT American Archer won, Mongol Archer won at Miami
114 270 BC Sail to Atzecs mainland
IBT Inca lost near Ittombe
115 250 BC Atztecs has Feudalizm
116 230 BC nothng
IBT Zulu and Atztecs made peace.
117 210 BC Becided to try Babedy…
IBT Zulu unload near Corihuyaria
118 190 BC Unload 4 Elites near Babedy
IBT Zulu lost near Corihuyaria, E Sword->2/5 near Babedy
119 170 BC Capture Babedy with 7 Workers, sell harbor and gave to Inca
IBT Inca asked leave… Atztecs killed E archer and 2/5 Sword, Mongol unload near Miami, Zulu Archer moves to Babedi
120 150 BC Sail to Atzetecs Islands…
IBT Americans and Mongols made Peace, Zulu capture Babedi
121 130 BC Killed Mongols spear, Unload at Atztecs iscland
IBT Atztec Archer killed AC, Mongol Spear self disbanded – probably they overproduced units…
122 Killed 2 Spears at Island, 1 Archer left
Zulu unload near Corihuyaria
123 90 BC Captured Tlaxcalia sell H and B and gave to Zulu
IBT Inca won near Corihuyaria and unload near Tlaxcalia
124 70 BC E archer lost near Calixatulania, E sword won. Unload 3/5 sword.
IBT Inca captured Tlaxcialia. Zulu unload near Corihuyaria
125 50 BC lost E Sword but second 3/5 Sword captured Calixatulania.
Made Peace with Atecs for 2 Cities+33 gpt+61. Gave 2 Cities to Egiptian and 1 to Americans.
IBT Inca unload near Egiptians
126 30 BC Declare war to Americans. Hire Scientist.
IBT GA over, Inca captured Calixatulania.
127 10 BC destroyed Miami and Seatle. Trade lux to Zulu and Inca.
128 10 AD killed Mongols reg Galley. Trade Eng for Iron from Inca
129 30 AD Destroy S-F, unload near Mpondo
IBT Atzteks Galley near Mpondo
130 50 AD Captured Mpondo, gave to Aztecs. Start to plant forest. Could do it earlier, but forgot…

Next player, take care about Mongols Landing. AFAIK they do not unload to Workers.
Also care about Trade route. Exit Coast tile from Capital. (If we want reputation, but I am not sure)
Americans agree to talk… Any use?
War with Inca? They far too strong…

Attachments

• OCCC1, 50 AD.SAV
    100.2 KB · Views: 109
21 turns for Invention? :eek: Deity is indeed tough... I hoped that after the Golden Age we would already be a bit closer to Invention.

Americans: I would make peace only when they are willing to give up towns. And we still can capture one. The Aztecs look weak at the moment, so we could gift to them.

War with Inca: not sure. Perhaps better wait until the war with America is finished. Not too many at the same time... Mongols + one more should be enough for now. Will a DoW to the Incas not break our trade reputation? Or do we no longer care? (The lux deal with the Zulus seems useful.)

Kulko, are you next?

The americans are only willing to give up inconsequential towns. I would hope that we could get a core town, when we conquer Ngome too.

T1:
Battle of Ngome
eAC dies on rSP 1HP left
eAC kills rSp 2 HP left
eMI kills rAr 2 HP Left
v AR kills wounded rSp and promotes
Ngome is ours, but contains nothing to sell.

Make peace for Philly and Xomigocahlco
Sell Baracks and harbour in Philly.
Gift cities to aztecs.

I was not sure if I should gift Philly to the aztecs or if I should rather raze it, but in the end I decided for the increased WW.

V Galley sinks v mongols galley before our cost and promotes

IBT
Zulu build Sun TZU

T2-T6
Transfering troops to incaland

T7
eGalley loses to vGalley
vGalley finishes of vGalley

The Aztecs are apparently still owning Philly but have succesfully reduced it to size 1. Good news.
Declare war on Incas
vMI kills rWar and promotes.

T8
Battle at Vitcos
eMI kills rSp
eMI kills rSP and takes town.

T9:
All AI nations sign peace.
America completes the Glib.

T10:
Battle for Vicalamba
eMI kills rSp
eAC kills rSp
eAr kill rAr and takes town
eSw kills r Ar

Attachments

• OCCC1 AD0250.SAV
    104.3 KB · Views: 115
Takeover notes.
The mongols did sent over two ships which i killed with our galleys. Actually two or three trebs wouldnt be to bad in this case, to reduce ship losses.

I made peace with america after thea were willig to give up a core town, but I am not so sure if this was the correct decision. looks like they were in full wonder build mode and could have been destroyed.

Anyway by now I started war with the incans which is proceeding nicely at the frindges of their empire, providing them with the desired WW. The incan core is all reahable by sea, so I would sugest we keep this one going iuntil we have invention and then get rid of them immediately. For the the ship chain needs to be rebuild.

Currentyl we own one incan twon which still needs to be gifted away.

Also the AI just made peace on all fronts so we might want to reform alliances.

Well I should have collected the Cash too, but I doont think there was a significant amount available.

I think we lost Lanzelot for now. How about you taking the next go?

Top Bottom