Off Topic reorganization

That's ok, they'll all be back in the original forum tomorrow I'm sure.

Otherwise you'd have moved the other 50 000 threads and 3 million posts somewhere as well. Go on, prove this is legit, delete them!
And in comes the demands to have the PC restored once the original OT is deleted.

This isn't a chat thread.... wrong forum.
That's ok, they'll all be back in the original forum tomorrow I'm sure.

Otherwise you'd have moved the other 50 000 threads and 3 million posts somewhere as well. Go on, prove this is legit, delete them!
Arrrr! Ye be all scurvyyella-bellied landlubbers!
Or move them to their proper places.
Hey, hey, no need for such drastic measures. Be cool, be cool.
And in comes the demands to have the PC restored once the original OT is deleted.
You rang?

Some staff advocated for it. Others wanted to keep OT the way it was and introduce the spam forum. Others, myself included, advocated two new forums with the old OT archived....

No need to delete the old OT, there were some good threads there. OTOH, the FC and FT are a new beginning for CFC.

Just archive it so that we can't follow up on those discussions anymore, eh?

You can always petition a mod to move a thread to the new OTs, if you want to post some significant update...

If you don't intend to take criticism seriously, simply say so, or let someone else handle it. I feel like I'm being ridiculed for voicing my opinion in a thread created for members to voice their opinion :rolleyes:
Well, I can't help it if you feel that way but believe me, I am not trying to ridicule or demean you or something.

Maybe the many years of dealing with people complaining has made me too tired to try to sound coherent anymore... :ack:

That runs on the assumption that more spam means more fun for all just because it means fun for the spammers. Sounds like you're just looking for excuses to quit moderation outright.
That's one thing a group of posters are asking for... So are we wrong in providing for that (a little)?

And yes, one of the goals is to lessen moderation work in the OT section. The workload for OT is just way too heavy, and it makes little sense to continually expend so much effort (probably like 80% to 90%) on an area which has nothing to do with Civ (we're called CFC for a reason you know :p). Also the problem of personnel.

Then why not just keep it open? :rolleyes:

You have all been fooled :p

Spoiler :
into believing this was an April's Fool stunt. We actually are quite serious about this.

Please provide further feedback on this, but do accept that we intend to let this play out for a while. we are happy to entertain any proposals to improve on this. The main goal as has been repeatedly stated is to provide two forums differentiated by moderation standards while allowing topic duplication in both forums.

This is actually a feature of the split that we will almost certainly not entertain to change. One aspect of the reduction in moderation in the lighter moderated forum is that we will allow for more spam than we would if postcount was active.

This is actually a feature of the split that we will almost certainly not entertain to change. One aspect of the reduction in moderation in the lighter moderated forum is that we will allow for more spam than we would if postcount was active.

That is such stupid reasoning... People don't spam any more or any less whether post count is enabled or not. And why do you even care if post count gets inflated? The official line from the moderators is that it's a meaningless number, yet you're always trying your utmost to make it important somehow by deeming certain threads unworthy for post count. It's ridiculous.

It may or may not be a meaningless number, but the claim that people don't spam for higher postcount is patently false.

Then infract those people for it, don't take it out on the rest of us who simply want to see how many posts we've made.

which would mean we would have to keep the same amount of moderating as previously which runs counter to the idea of relaxing on moderation in this subforum.

You're still going to have to infract them for posting pages upon pages of useless crap, whether there's post count or not.

which would mean we would have to keep the same amount of moderating as previously which runs counter to the idea of relaxing on moderation in this subforum.

You're still going to have to infract them for posting pages upon pages of useless crap, whether there's post count or not.

What azzaman said.

Unless you would allow me to post a thread, and then have a conversation with myself for pages on end without infraction, then you're still moderating for "spam", albeit more relaxed.

Just because it's relaxed doesn't mean you take away postcount. You only take away post count where spam is sanctioned, such as in forum games, not where it is treated lightly.

The one does not follow from the other. Just because we might not allow pure spam threads does not mean we'll go through every thread and deal with every minor spam post. With postcount enabled we would do just that (to the extent it was done in OT) - and if we do that for spam we would do that for the more serious breaches of civility as well and be right back where we were in terms of moderation.

The one does not follow from the other. Just because we might not allow pure spam threads does not mean we'll go through every thread and deal with every minor spam post. With postcount enabled we would do just that (to the extent it was done in OT) - and if we do that for spam we would do that for the more serious breaches of civility as well and be right back where we were in terms of moderation.

But then you're not consistent. What about the NES forum? It seems the spam rules are rather relaxed there, yet, postcount.

If you're not phased by postcount and lighter spam moderation in the NES forum, then why not in the "lite" OT?

Top Bottom