Off Topic reorganization

I'm thinking we should move this thread to FT.

Different history, with the old OT we would not have suddenly removed pc either. If we started over with NES or indeed Humor and Jokes pc might rather be disabled, however we are not likely to do so anytime soon with regards to NES. However we are looking quite strongly into folding H&J into the new pc free OT forum.

Seriously, what does it even matter that a number goes higher by posting silly stuff? One hand, mods say post-count not important, second hand, they act like it is by disabling it for arbitrary reasons. Which is it.

Some us just want know how many posts are existent on the account.

That's ok, they'll all be back in the original forum tomorrow I'm sure.

Otherwise you'd have moved the other 50 000 threads and 3 million posts somewhere as well. Go on, prove this is legit, delete them!
Neither is likely. OT will be archived, but its pc kept. and tomorrow will be just like today for FC & FT.

But then you're not consistent. What about the NES forum? It seems the spam rules are rather relaxed there, yet, postcount.

If you're not phased by postcount and lighter spam moderation in the NES forum, then why not in the "lite" OT?
NES is not OT. It does not have the problems found in OT and it has a very serious side that regulars contribute to. If pc is that important to you, stick with making posts in FC, S&T, History or even a Civ forum. You have many choices here and can run up your pc easily if you like. You also now have a place where many of rules kept in other forums have been relaxed.

NES is not OT. It does not have the problems found in OT and it has a very serious side that regulars contribute to. If pc is that important to you, stick with making posts in FC, S&T, History or even a Civ forum. You have many choices here and can run up your pc easily if you like. You also now have a place where many of rules kept in other forums have been relaxed.

I dunno about Joe, but I don't want to run up my PC. I just want my PC to reflect how much I actually post, whether those posts are in OT, or the Civ forums, or whatever.

I dunno about Joe, but I don't want to run up my PC. I just want my PC to reflect how much I actually post, whether those posts are in OT, or the Civ forums, or whatever.

This what I mean. Its saying some posts are not worth being counted and thats not very fair. Because who is to determine that, if it is not breaking the rules? It can be very subjective at times.

While I agree with the azza-aimee duo, I also think that with the number of serious threads kept ove rin the Tavern where we get drunk is another indicator of the untrustworthyness of CFC stauff.

Just so you know, the busiest subforum in staff is the reported post subforum, and it is also pc free.

So, OT - Discussions equals the Civilium forum and OT - Light equals theTaberna forum, I suppose. And in Taberna there isn´t any post count. By the way, I noticed both these changes by accident. Or did I miss a Sticky somewhere?

So, OT - Discussions equals the Civilium forum and OT - Light equals theTaberna forum, I suppose. And in Taberna there isn´t any post count. By the way, I noticed both these changes by accident. Or did I miss a Sticky somewhere?

Yes the names were changed at the last minute and after this thread was posted - I'll edit that now :)

I was surprised that some threads didn't make it into the Civilium thread from OT, especially the book recommendation thread. Several people have made contributions to that thread (including myself) that seem worthy of this subforum. Additionally, not all of the "Ask a ..." threads have been moved to FC, where it seems like they would belong.

Yeah, I just moved most to Taberna, so as not to confuse the Civilium standard. A lot of the topics themselves would be more appropriate for Civilium.

edit: actually, I'm not entirely sure which book recommendation thread you're referring to. Link? :)

Do you mean that the scientific, entertainment and sports sections get integrated into the OT-for-realz and the OT-playground forums?

edit: And why the hate for witty one-liners?

We are very seriously looking into that.
If the split works out, a merging of Humor and Jokes into the lighter OT is very likely - the others forums will also likely be consolidated (at least in part), but how is still up for discussion.

Yes, exactly - I just want to know how much I've posted...

Top Bottom